Malfunctioning Glove Box

vadimo

Such a basic thing yet its failing, it doesn't always open, looks like mechanism doesn't release it when you press the open button, its intermittent and when its happening you have to:

- prey with your finger nails and keep open button pressed

- or keep pressing the button and eventually it might open

Will be in touch with Skoda dealer

7 hours ago, pryorkshire said:

When we first had the car we also had problems opening the glove box but after a few weeks now seems to be fine.

our situation is in reverse :)

12 hours ago, Panther_uk said:

I almost took mine back due to the glovebox not always opening but it seems to have righted itself and now works OK

I see, maybe I will wait too, it's a hassle for us to travel to dealer but what a nuisance, we are too busy as is...

On 15/04/2018 at 15:36, Nicky_P said:

Our glove box is ok, it's the fuel filler flap that's a bugger to open, got to be very precise when pressing it to open.

Hope there isn't issue with filler cap again ! our yeti flap has been temperamental for the last year , one of the reasons it's getting sacked !!!

We've never had a problem with the glove box, but we did have issues with the storage box on the dash. Push the button to open and nothing happened. Next day it'd come open on its own while you're driving along. We were back in the dealers having the front mudflaps fitted and mentioned it to them. No issues since

1 hour ago, fabman said:

Hope there isn't issue with filler cap again ! our yeti flap has been temperamental for the last year , one of the reasons it's getting sacked !!!

Took me around five attempts to open when I washing the car at the weekend, wife says she struggled at the petrol station too.

Not liking the sound of the petrol filler cap issues.   Had 2 issues with my 2014 Seat Leon this past year and latest one cost me £170 to fix even after contribution from Seat.   And just traded the Leon for the soon to arrive Karoq.