What's under the Skoda logo on engine cover?

Urrell

Took my 1.6 TDI engine cover off and after pulling back the rubber insulation on the back a bit took this photo with my other hand.

VW.jpg

Edited by Urrell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, aernala said:

hardly a surprise, is it?

I know there are lots of parts that have the Audi or VW stamps on them but to have a VW badged part with a Skoda logo covering it I thought was a bit out of the ordinary.
Perhaps I should not have bothered posting it!

5 minutes ago, Llanigraham said:

There are loads of bits on the car with VW signs on them.

Tell me where there is one?
Not VAG logos on the back of plastic or metal parts but a full size VW or Audi badge hidden under a Skoda badge or other cover.

When I saw the topic title, before even opening the thread I though "that'll be a VW logo then".  I didn't know this but it's a decent guess - the engine covers look the same and from a manufacturing perspective it makes sense to make one design for a large part and modify for other marques.  In the end though, what does it matter?  Why would you want or need to take the time to peel off a well-adhered badge to make a point?  After all, the whole engine is from VW.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Llanigraham said:

A lot of fuss about nothing!

I'm sorry if you already were aware of that full size VW badge being hidden, I hope I am not boring you too much.

14 hours ago, Llanigraham said:

There are loads of bits on the car with VW signs on them.

I am still waiting for you to tell me where I can find a full size VW or Audi badge hidden under a Skoda badge or blanking plate that we were all not aware of like the one I posted above?
I did say a full size badge not the small stamps on different parts.

16 hours ago, Urrell said:

I know there are lots of parts that have the Audi or VW stamps on them but to have a VW badged part with a Skoda logo covering it I thought was a bit out of the ordinary.
Perhaps I should not have bothered posting it!

Well I thought it was interesting :)

• Like 1

Fascinating,it's a thumbs up from me (imagine the shock if it had been a Lada badge).

• Haha 2