Cleaning intrument glass and piano black parts

Whats the best way to clean the instrument glass and also the piano black inserts in my 245?

Just tried wiping the glass with a baby wipe and it just seemed to smudge.

Is it best to a glass cleaner? (I have AutoGlym Fast Glass) even though it is plastic?

I am just a little nervous after seeing someone scratch their glass on here badly before!

For the glass & plastic interior I just use a clean microfibre cloth (no water or product).

It seems to pickup the majority of the oily marks, dust & dirt with just a couple of wipes.

• Like 1

Thanks. In hindsight, realised that a plain microfibre would have been ok. 

Looks worse than i did before now though, so will maybe try fastglass later as that is all i have that will probably be suitable.

AG Fast Glass will be fine for the screen, just spray AGFG onto the microfibre (very little amount, don't need a lot, couple of squirts) & then proceed to wipe from top down, I use AGFG for this & even a few different products with no scratches on my screen or piano black parts.

For screen cleaning only:

AGFG

For screen cleaning & piano black bits, even dashboard:

Masterson's quick detail spray (special offer on at Slims http://www.slimsdetailing.co.uk/mastersons-car-care.html ) on a side note their glass cleaner & carnauba wax is excellent for other vehicle duties.

For screen cleaning & piano black bits, even dashboard:

EZ Sleek interior https://www.ezcarcare.co.uk/collections/interior-cleaner/products/sleek-satin-interior-dressing-cleaner-250ml?variant=23784228615

This is my favourite to be honest, don't need to use a lot, I always spray a little on the dashboard (easy reach places) wipe from dashboard down, flip microfibre & give a little buff, as for the screen & piano black parts, I just spray directly onto the microfibre (a couple squirts to 3 making sure the product has covered the microfibre  cloth from top, middle & bottom) Also make sure to fold the microfibre cloth into 4 :thumbup:

I bought some glass cleaning cloths specifically for dials and piano black inserts on my Superb: 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00C924HGK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A quick spritz with a QD spray and everything comes up a treat.  I have a Muc Off screen/lens cleaner that I use on the infotainment screen. 

Whilst the piano black inserts and stereo surround look lovely, they drive me to distraction with the dust & finger prints they seem to collect for fun.

I have a mf cloth in the car which comes in handy to appease my OCD (Obsessive Cleaning Disorder) and helps get them to a level I can live with until I can clean them properly.  

I try and use the MFSW controls as much as I can rather than touching the head unit :D

4 minutes ago, Russ77 said:

I try and use the MFSW controls as much as I can rather than touching the head unit :D

and you probably never adjust volume via the dial as the power symbol wouldn't be straight?  B):biggrin:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

and you probably never adjust volume via the dial as the power symbol wouldn't be straight?  B):biggrin:

My wife does that! If I'm driving and she wants to adjust the volume... she uses the wheel mounted roller wheel!

She brought it up to the dealer "in this day and age you'd think they could come up with a volume knob that doesn't spin the middle bit"

Edited by hwr1983
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, hwr1983 said:

My wife does that! If I'm driving and she wants to adjust the volume... she uses the wheel mounted roller wheel!

That's tickled me! Does she also open the window via the drivers side controls? :biggrin::biggrin:

Just now, penguin17 said:

That's tickled me! Does she also open the window via the drivers side controls? :biggrin::biggrin:

No... she isn't quite that bad. :tongueout:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

I'm desperately trying to teach myself not to, drives me insane if the standby symbol isn't upright :D

• Haha 1

On 4/20/2018 at 09:00, Gabbo said:

For the glass & plastic interior I just use a clean microfibre cloth (no water or product).

It seems to pickup the majority of the oily marks, dust & dirt with just a couple of wipes.

+1

• Like 1

On 4/20/2018 at 10:00, Gabbo said:

First all dust must be removed, or you will end with a lot of scratches. I suggest disposable very gentle duster brush.