Kessy

Karman

I have started to have trouble with locking the car using kessy, that is when touching the door handle it won’t lock straight away and after eventually locking when trying for ages the door mirrors dont fold in, same on both sides of the car. Car does lock with the key fob button but the door mirrors folding is hit and miss.  Just wondered if anyone else is having trouble?

We have found that if my wife locks the car I cant unlock it and the other way round ,also if some one is to keen and touches the passenger door at the same time it doesn;t work

1 hour ago, bone_tone said:

Haven't had that problem, but I have noticed that the doors keep locking and unlocking when I wash the car - must just be that water touching the door handles is enough to activate!

Our Ford Focus does this quite normal I think! have to chuck the keys inside haha.

33 minutes ago, Nicky_P said:

I tend to stroke the handle rather than touching it, works every time for me.

Mine hasn't arrived yet, but when it does I will make sure I stroke it! :biggrin:

• Haha 2

If as the news report say, toerags with the receiver amplifier and relay can get into the car, does this mean the key is transmitting constantly? If it is what does this do to the battery life of the key? And also might it be worth disabling the spare key until you need it?

If anyone has had this on previous Skodas did you have to change batteries every few months?

2 hours ago, Nemutai said:

If as the news report say, toerags with the receiver amplifier and relay can get into the car, does this mean the key is transmitting constantly? If it is what does this do to the battery life of the key? And also might it be worth disabling the spare key until you need it?

If anyone has had this on previous Skodas did you have to change batteries every few months?

I had it on my previous Qashqai, and the key battery lasted nearly 3 years, so would hope the Karoq will be the same.

2 hours ago, Nemutai said:

No. Assuming the battery life is no different to other VAG cars, batteries should last atleast a year, mine have....

I’ve taken the battery out of my spare key, its not going to be used.

Hope it doesnt lose the code.

I’m getting a blocking pouch for the main one.

I have bought two faraday pouches off eBay,and they do work. With the wife driving the car sometimes we use the two keys for the Seat memory which is easier, also I was once told when the alarm was playing up you should use both keys and alternate them now and again, so I have always done this now.

I had a similar experience, and I found that (at least for me), touching the little indentation with my finger locks it properly whereas holding the handle and touching the indentation was hit and miss.  So I suppose that's similar to 'stroking' the handle.

1 hour ago, TBatty said:

I had a similar experience, and I found that (at least for me), touching the little indentation with my finger locks it properly whereas holding the handle and touching the indentation was hit and miss.  So I suppose that's similar to 'stroking' the handle.

I had the same issue, until I realised that holding the handle actually unlocks it so the car was getting confused as to whether I wanted to disable keyless entry by pressing the indentation or unlock the car with the handle. 

On 29/04/2018 at 16:49, TheRoq said:

I’ve taken the battery out of my spare key, its not going to be used.

Hope it doesnt lose the code.

I’m getting a blocking pouch for the main one.

I believe that can be the case with some keys so I'd check if I were you as recoding will cost.

Its ok, I think my obdeleven will do it. Otherwise we’ve got an ODIS subscription at work, someone can program it for me.