Superb III disable cornering fog lights

Hi all,

Just brought a 2017 Superb III Sportline Estate which I collect Monday. Very happy with it but have one thing I want to change.

Personal preference, but I can’t stand the  cornering fog lights that come on! Think it just looks naff compared to the lovely LED/xenon lights. 

I’ve asked the dealer if they can programme them to disable it but they are unsure if they can/are allowed to do it. I’ve had a search online but can’t seem to find if it can be disabled or not - only lots of posts on activating it via VCDS for the Octavia. Does anyone on here have any suggestions or experience with this as to whether they can easily be switched off or if it involves VCDS.

Other ideas/suggestions were;

- remove the front fog fuse or bulbs themselves (although wonder if this will ping up an error)

Thanks in advance!

Will

I'd just ignore them. Very occasionally on dark roads they might be useful. We've had four cars with them. I don't see much point, but then again, they don't do much harm.

I wasn't very keen on the yellow colour of them, but a few quid on some whiter bulbs and I'm happy. Did the same to the missus's Yeti for the same reason.

9 minutes ago, edwards said:

I wasn't very keen on the yellow colour of them, but a few quid on some whiter bulbs and I'm happy. Did the same to the missus's Yeti for the same reason.

This is my plan B. Been looking at some like Osram and Philips. Do you have any pics of the match to the xenon please?

i have replaced by LED to able keep them always on
(use GoogleTranslate for text, but there are also pictures)
https://www.drive2.com/l/500381970438553707/

https://www.drive2.com/l/500461685031568303/

180423_Front_Fog_Light_LED_07_25p_ed.jpg.e3fb8c0deb2f7f6623184204448c3c06.jpg

but got another problem, Bi-Xenon loses automatic mode then :(
https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/368574-vcds-options-on-superb-iii/?page=49&tab=comments#comment-5046520

another question how to disable Corner Light only at daytime

Thank you for the photos and links! LED looks really smart. Still would prefer them not to do it at all but at least can improve the look.

On 4/29/2018 at 06:23, MartiniB said:

got another problem, Bi-Xenon loses automatic mode then :(
https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/368574-vcds-options-on-superb-iii/?page=49&tab=comments#comment-5046520

another question how to disable Corner Light only at daytime

found compromise for these two problems - enabled Front Fogs as Daylight Running Lights

27 minutes ago, JR RS said:

U know u can turn off the cornering lights (fog lights) in the infotainment menu......

IMAG1942.thumb.jpg.cb48c4fad0e5f6941b842d4285643c53.jpg

I believe that setting is for the Headlights (follow the steering input and varies depending on drive mode).

1 hour ago, MaddicIrl said:

I believe that setting is for the Headlights (follow the steering input and varies depending on drive mode).

Hmm, i thought that was "dynamic light assist".

Mine says "dynamic cornering light", though I can't seem to find anywhere in the manual, or online to wat I have - dynamic "cornering" light.

"Cornering Light" in my mind, and previous Tech talk refers to the cornering lights function, i.e. fog light turns on when below 40 km/h if low beams are on.

Hmmm.....must do more research.

p.s.  I don't have SLA headlights.

But I have enabled HBA.

Edited by JR RS

There are so many different light assists is difficult to remember whats what :blink:

The screen shot is from page 250 of MY17 manual for my car at least, refers to the Dynamic Cornering Lights as a function of the Xenons.

Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 12.41.57.png

Edited by MaddicIrl
Typo

It is for the headlamps not the fogs. It moves the light pattern according to the steering wheel setting. I think it only works if you have the car in sport mode (in the L&K at least).  

18 minutes ago, Sagalout said:

It is for the headlamps not the fogs. It moves the light pattern according to the steering wheel setting. I think it only works if you have the car in sport mode (in the L&K at least).  

I only have an SEL - and the lights "bend" around corners in Normal and Sport - in Eco, they might do it, but its definitely less noticable - I have my lights set on "normal" mode (in the individual setting).

Guys, if I replace my fog lights with LED lights, will the fog lights turn on when I turn? (Cornering function)

Also, will the LED need to be coded using VCDS?

2 hours ago, axd1152 said:

1. will the fog lights turn on when I turn? (Cornering function)

2. will the LED need to be coded using VCDS?

1. that works, but dimming in most cases will be lost, power driver of my bulbs is developed for 12-24v input

2. LEDs worked without visible error messages also without adaptions,

but later, by connect VagCanPro, we saw there were collected internal error, which were removed and Fogs type were changed to LED

1 hour ago, MartiniB said:

1. that works, but dimming in most cases will be lost, power driver of my bulbs is developed for 12-24v input

2. LEDs worked without visible error messages also without adaptions,

but later, by connect VagCanPro, we saw there were collected internal error, which were removed and Fogs type were changed to LED

Thanks, do you remember the coding settings? Like block 09 -> Security access -> something here?

I dont have vcds, so when I get my hands on it, I will not have to search and try all the possible settings in the menus. I want to know where exactly the settings is.

Edited by axd1152

Hi all,

So update, while I wait to find someone who can code them off, I have gone for some eBay 5000k H8 bulbs for £11.

Much better than halogen originals although only niggle is visible blue bulb but no biggy. Will try and get a photo at dark too.

C1EE0C40-0C97-4A1B-B124-4582569A11D0.jpeg

573C8BF4-98CE-461B-AAA1-3773A938EE55.jpeg

B8B76F46-8765-46C9-BA2C-E0893C42473F.jpeg

• 3 years later...

You can use VCDS, module 55, Output tests and the Dim AFS left & right with setting On value.... this had dimmed the fog AFS lights but I noticed It stayed so! I didn't know why, because I didn't change any adaptation or coding. So I tried the test once again with Off value (Dim off = lights on) and it worked, no I have cornering again.

I have Dynamic Light Assist and have no option to turn cornering in menu.

2 hours ago, DavesMan said:

You can use VCDS, module 55, Output tests and the Dim AFS left & right with setting On value.... this had dimmed the fog AFS lights but I noticed It stayed so! I didn't know why, because I didn't change any adaptation or coding. So I tried the test once again with Off value (Dim off = lights on) and it worked, no I have cornering again.

I have Dynamic Light Assist and have no option to turn cornering in menu.

The newer Superb’s past 2016 use 4B module not 55. Cant be disabled in the same way but it can still be done through Leuchte channels.

• Like 1