Fresh Seatgate??

MarcusKaroq

14 minutes ago, MarcusKaroq said:

Just had an e mail from the dealer saying that my Karoq build will now be delayed until June due to a rear seat shortage, anyone heard anything about this? 

Is yours an Edition?

Someone else has been posting saying their Edition is delayed - not cos of the phone box but due to the rear seats. So it dies seem there's a shortage again doesn't it.

I emailed my dealer for an update 3 days ago & have had no reply. Was BW15 & all I know is that it's "delayed" :sadsmile:

Edited by anna_banana

No mine is an SE-L so seems many are Editions but now seems to be affecting the SE-L model too. 

A little frustrating but as long as it’s not as delayed as some on here, I’m not too fussed. 

Just been in touch with Live Chat and asked if there was an issue with seats. Although, they didn't confirm or deny anything they did state that my BW has been confirmed as 21, ordered a Candy White, 1.5TSi DSG SE L.

6 minutes ago, GlosJanner said:

Just been in touch with Live Chat and asked if there was an issue with seats. Although, they didn't confirm or deny anything they did state that my BW has been confirmed as 21, ordered a Candy White, 1.5TSi DSG SE L.

Orded same as you and was on the same build week but seem this may change now. 

I am also waiting for seats. Edition build week 14.

I am lucky as my dealer calls me weekly with updates and will call if anything changes.

Skoda have very little (none) information on how long it is going to take to sort out.

2 hours ago, pheebs said:

I am also waiting for seats. Edition build week 14.

I am lucky as my dealer calls me weekly with updates and will call if anything changes.

Skoda have very little (none) information on how long it is going to take to sort out.

So your been waiting a while already? What a nightmare. :crying:

54 minutes ago, MarcusKaroq said:

So your been waiting a while already? What a nightmare. :crying:

I understand that these things can happen but its the way Skoda handle it.

I was told several different things before they admitted it was the seats.

My dealer has been great and has put an official complaint in on my behalf.

The fact that Skoda don't or won't give information to the dealers is very poor.

I have no idea how long it will take to sort the seats and when I will receive the car.

Car building seems to be a lottery.

I know everything I have written on here sounds completely anti Skoda but I have been on the end of great Skoda service as well.

My parents Kodiaq was ordered 30/03/17, built week 18 and delivered 25/05/17. EIGHT weeks total which is incredibly quickly.

There is some sort of supply chain problem within the VW group regarding seat  material, apparently didn’t order enough alcantara but trying to hide it.

not just affecting Karoq, the Seat Arona FR sport which uses alcantara/leather is delayed to 28-32 weeks, the Seat Arona Xcelence Lux with alcantara/leather is delayed to Q4 (but available for quicker delivery if you agree to cloth seats). 

My guess is that blocks of vehicle orders are being moved back couple of months (build week deferred) until supplies are available, but I have no idea how the build week algorithm does this, or how many weeks deferral it has been set to.

2 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

There is some sort of supply chain problem within the VW group regarding seat  material, apparently didn’t order enough alcantara but trying to hide it.

not just affecting Karoq, the Seat Arona FR sport which uses alcantara/leather is delayed to 28-32 weeks, the Seat Arona Xcelence Lux with alcantara/leather is delayed to Q4 (but available for quicker delivery if you agree to cloth seats). 

My guess is that blocks of vehicle orders are being moved back couple of months (build week deferred) until supplies are available, but I have no idea how the build week algorithm does this, or how many weeks deferral it has been set to.

There must be more to it than just a problem with the supply of Alcantara since Editions are all leather (or probably with some leather look-alike sewn in as well).

I do recall seeing on another post here somewhere that Skoda had cancelled their contracts with some suppliers a few weeks ago (I think seats were mentioned) so it may be also a case of running down with one supplier whilst get another up to speed.  Whatever, I bet the production director has been having some headaches these last few weeks.

3 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

As has been staged elsewhere a part of the issue is VW ditching a long standing seat manufacturer in favour of a new one and then getting the new supplier up to speed.

Update on mine today:

Is complete and leaving the factory.

Still could be 3-4 weeks for delivery even though those affected by "Seatgate" are meant to have priority shipping.

Very happy, can't stop smiling :biggrin:

• Like 1

Been to dealer the weekend to see how my car is doing and to remind me what they look like :crying: But my car is still at 20 he then said he has car being delivered on Friday this week that was showing 20 last week. It could be a interesting conversation with my case manager on Wednesday (but it's going to be the same as the last 3 weeks) we must keep :D life to short    

I ordered a 1.5 TSI Edition end of February, had a confirmed BW 14, and was notified several weeks ago that due to lack of rear seats it would be delayed. It was only on Friday that I was told it had just left the factory. 

42 minutes ago, albudu said:

I ordered a 1.5 TSI Edition end of February, had a confirmed BW 14, and was notified several weeks ago that due to lack of rear seats it would be delayed. It was only on Friday that I was told it had just left the factory. 

I think the issues are now clearing up as I have been told bw is tomorrow and should expect it for 6 weeks approx. I was told the same (expect a delay due to seats) about 2 weeks ago. 

This is what I have been through with 'seatgate'. I hope this is helpful to others who are also waiting for seats (although I realise that Skoda building is a lottery).

Ordered 18th February

Build week 14 (2nd April)

Waited about 5 weeks for seats

Released from factory 14th May

In UK port 21st May

Arriving at dealers 25th May

Picking up 29th May

14 weeks from order to delivery

I know I am lucky that my car made it onto a ship within a week unlike others who's cars have been sitting in port for weeks.

Im sure the wait will be worth it for us all and I hope everyone gets their cars soon.

• Like 1