Summer Meet, Oxford Island, June 24th

cormac81

Hi guys,

Thanks for those who responded to the poll and I understand many will just need to know a date and see if they can make it.

I was thinking of Sunday 24th June at Oxford Island, Lurgan at 11am.

See the source image

(we are getting further down the m1 each time @FUBAR :-) )

There are plenty of local Skodas now on the forum so hopefully you can attend.

If you can attend add your name to the list

1) Cormac Octy mk1 vRS 

Edited by cormac81

Unlikely I will be off that weekend, will be driving past on M1 several times if working, so will be with you all in spirit. 

• Sad 1

Saw a nice white MkIII Superb sportline hatch on M1 heading towards the city there at about 5pm. Not yours was it Cormac? Been looking at a white Skoda of late but generally not my colour of choice, is growing on me though as they are SO white!

On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 17:43, FUBAR said:

Saw a nice white MkIII Superb sportline hatch on M1 heading towards the city there at about 5pm. Not yours was it Cormac? Been looking at a white Skoda of late but generally not my colour of choice, is growing on me though as they are SO white!

Not me bud was up in Belfast on Friday, mine is laser white a bit different than moon white.

Do you drive buses? or did I imagine that?

53 minutes ago, cormac81 said:

Not me bud was up in Belfast on Friday, mine is laser white a bit different than moon white.

Do you drive buses? or did I imagine that?

Yea I do. I was sat car shopping on the M1 and saw one, was mega white! I've since gone off the idea and and fancy a MkIII FL Octy vRS estate in green, but I am not liking the depreciation side of things and need to make the jump back to petrol for the first time in 27 cars :( I have been looking at Golf R's and Hyundai i30N's too, so much to choose from it's annoying. 375bhp from a stage 1 remap on a Golf R is bloody tempting though! 

Edited by FUBAR

That new vrs green is lovely. I'd go for a new red VRS or sportline Superb if I'd my pick though :)  Golf R is mega bucks but awesome car dude. Police have a couple of stealth ones in operation around Belfast

16 hours ago, FUBAR said:

Yea I do. I was sat car shopping on the M1 and saw one, was mega white! I've since gone off the idea and and fancy a MkIII FL Octy vRS estate in green, but I am not liking the depreciation side of things and need to make the jump back to petrol for the first time in 27 cars :( I have been looking at Golf R's and Hyundai i30N's too, so much to choose from it's annoying. 375bhp from a stage 1 remap on a Golf R is bloody tempting though! 

If you are going for anything fresh you should consider a lease, took me a while to get my head around it at first.

A big Superb 280 TSI would be awesome.

1 hour ago, cormac81 said:

If you are going for anything fresh you should consider a lease, took me a while to get my head around it at first.

A big Superb 280 TSI would be awesome.

I was looking at a nice 2016 Octy 3 vRS 230 with lots of toys but then I see another 2010 TSi for £12.5K less.... That kind of depreciation is putting me off at moment a lot. The Golf R's are really starting to flood the market with plenty coming off the never never now and seem a really strong contender. i30N there's a Jan 18 ex demo with 3k miles in Cannon over in Carrick for £24K also. 

Here is a bloody nice 230 with some good options for what today is a damn good price. 

https://www.usedcarsni.com/2016-Skoda-Octavia-2-0-TSI-vRS-230-5dr-211985276

Sunday mornings aren't great for me - not because I get drunk the night before and nursing a hangover, it's because I do the sound desk and lighting for our Church in Banbridge...  Would love to attend...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, FUBAR said:

I was looking at a nice 2016 Octy 3 vRS 230 with lots of toys but then I see another 2010 TSi for £12.5K less.... That kind of depreciation is putting me off at moment a lot. The Golf R's are really starting to flood the market with plenty coming off the never never now and seem a really strong contender. i30N there's a Jan 18 ex demo with 3k miles in Cannon over in Carrick for £24K also. 

Here is a bloody nice 230 with some good options for what today is a damn good price. 

That's a fit motor!!!!

20 hours ago, FUBAR said:

That is very smart and excellent value.. 

I'm waiting on my Superb Sportline, so might try and get down to this..

32 minutes ago, technics100 said:

That is very smart and excellent value.. 

I'm waiting on my Superb Sportline, so might try and get down to this..

Good man Adam, what are you getting?

Superb Sportline Combi (estate) in meteor grey 2.0TSi 220bhp DSG.. It was a pre-built car to avoid the long wait, so was sitting in Germany when I ordered it.. so comes with Heated front seats, front and rear parking sensors, electric boot, retractable parcel shelf and spare wheel.. It's in the UK, so should be with me in the next week or two.. #excitedmuch #neverhadanewcarbefore

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, technics100 said:

Superb Sportline Combi (estate) in meteor grey 2.0TSi 220bhp DSG.. It was a pre-built car to avoid the long wait, so was sitting in Germany when I ordered it.. so comes with Heated front seats, front and rear parking sensors, electric boot, retractable parcel shelf and spare wheel.. It's in the UK, so should be with me in the next week or two.. #excitedmuch #neverhadanewcarbefore

Nice! looking forward to seeing it. I love ours even though its a diesel

• Like 1

23 hours ago, technics100 said:

Flash git! :D

Mate just got a pre reg Superb estate there for taxing, lovely bus. His last Superb was 3yr old with 130k and never a bit of bother. This one is a big step up in quality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 02VRS said:

Flash git! :D

Mate just got a pre reg Superb estate there for taxing, lovely bus. His last Superb was 3yr old with 130k and never a bit of bother. This one is a big step up in quality.

It was a superb or VRS, but there were none in the country and it was a 20 week build time.. so went for a built superb..  It's just a lease, but should be great.  John Mulholland said it should be with them today or Monday for reg and PDI.. should be a week away now.. will post pics when it arrives.. 

• Like 1

BUGGER! That 230 is sold now :( I'm still working was going to go up next week and tbh I'd just have taken it home there and then. Now I've nothing in the pipeline. Did see this though :D

https://www.usedcarsni.com/2009-Jaguar-XF-R-5-0-V8-Supercharged-Sports-Exhaust-FSH-Nav-TV-Camera-211231501

colour puts me off though, don't think silver suits them at all :( Price has actually dropped a grand since I last looked at ad :D Get that and keep the Mk1 for commuting :)

Lovely car, although I've noticed a few chavs locally starting to buy them! Saw a black estate the other day, black rims and tinted windows, sounds OTT but it was  gorgeous!

Change of plan on my car shopping in last week, have gone more sensible after seeing what I consider to be great value in a non Skoda more sensible smaller petrol than I've been looking at. vRS's replacement is all a done deal, haggled happily to less than I expected to pay, money transferred and being delivered next week and the vRS which is being traitored in against it collected. Still have the mighty Mk1, just need to sort a scraping sound from back somewhere that's intermittent and doing my head in.  Will know closer to the time if the Mk1 and I will be free for 24th June. 

Mk1 realistically is surplus to requirements and I really should find it a new home as it's used less and less to the point I take it out for the sake of running it. :( 

On 6/4/2018 at 10:58, 02VRS said:

Mk1 is a belter dude, years left in that car!!!

Just been delivered between shifts and the vRS is on it's way back up to Belfast as I type to begin it's new life. Minus a few several parts I didn't feel the trade in valuation applied to... :devil: Will hold onto them for a bit in case new keeper surfaces within the Skoda/VAG communities here in the near future. After that they will get good homes I'm sure. 

45 minutes ago, FUBAR said:

Just been delivered between shifts and the vRS is on it's way back up to Belfast as I type to begin it's new life. Minus a few several parts I didn't feel the trade in valuation applied to... :devil: Will hold onto them for a bit in case new keeper surfaces within the Skoda/VAG communities here in the near future. After that they will get good homes I'm sure. 

Whats the replacement dude?