Summer Meet, Oxford Island, June 24th

cormac81

On 6/5/2018 at 13:53, cormac81 said:

Whats the replacement dude?

I don't have many pics as it was delivered between shifts, so had to more or less get in it and go park up at work then drive home with AC for the first time in YEARS (vRS's leaked refused to regas it again) :sweat:

Bit of a boring move, but ticks all the boxes and then some for me today. Had to make a move from diesel (well modern or semi modern diesels) due to short commute and for first time in about 25 cars, I have reverted back to petrol. Got the 1.4 TFSI 150 as there are a boat load of them for sale in main dealers all over NI direct from Audi at pretty amazing prices. For same money and same engine in a Octy with a lot less bits, there is barely anything in it, so made my choice having been bitten on a vRS I owned from new and the faff with warranty work they gave me for months causing me to sell the thing. 

B9 A4 lost a good bit of weight over the B8 to point that a 1.4 TFSI A4 Sport  like I got is on paper vs the Mk1 Fabia vRS only 5kg heavier. Power delivery is surprisingly diesel like in it's feel and apparently was their intention along with it being set up to narrowly beat their 2.0 TDi 150 in all the top trumps stats, in the same sort of way the 2.0 TDi v TFSI/TSi's do. Forums etc have owners seeming to get around the official quoted MPG too which is a bonus too, plenty of small turbo petrols about that don't come close to their figures these days #FordEcoBoost :thumbdown::sick:

These remap to 175 and stock they genuinely feel more like 170/180bhp, I was really impressed by it when I test drove it on Sat. The bloody thing is near silent inside, on way back from work I turned music off and couldn't hear the cars passing the other way at 60, has a lot of tweaks over B8 for making them more quiet and an acoustic windscreen, whatever the feck that means. Total spaceship to me at moment with all the gadge. 

IMG_20180605_171059.jpg

IMG_20180605_133151.jpg

IMG_20180605_171400.jpg

Getting a new rear splitter as upon delivery the salesman touched the wall behind the car there when he put it where it is in pic :o It's on lower edge a small scuff but agreed to just replace it. Had it already been there I wouldn't have cared as you can't even see it unless on hands and knees, but they are doing the right thing and can't fault the service so far.  

P20180605_123541.jpgIMG_20180605_132740.jpg

IMG_20180605_132742.jpg

Edited by FUBAR
  • Like 1

Very nice dude, health to drive! Love the skoda keyring lol A guy told me a few weeks back that a guy in Audi parts he knew used to have to remove certain parts from packaging before handing over to customers as a lot turned their noses up when they saw the Skoda badge on there too :D

Any plans for playing with it? B)

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, 02VRS said:

Very nice dude, health to drive! Love the skoda keyring lol A guy told me a few weeks back that a guy in Audi parts he knew used to have to remove certain parts from packaging before handing over to customers as a lot turned their noses up when they saw the Skoda badge on there too :D

Any plans for playing with it? B)

Realistically it's too new yet for my liking to do too much to it and still has a very new car feel to it... However :D suspension, wheels and perhaps some plastidip de-chroming should be carried out? Remap will be done in time too, will leave it until I'm a bit more bored of it and allow it to be reborn then. 

It’s in Agnew Trade Center now so should be on a dealers forcourt soon enough 

https://www.wilsonsauctionslive.com/product-info/skoda-octavia-diesel-estate/71598?Page=0&Pagesize=0&Make=&Colour=&Transmission=&Fuel=&MinPrice=&MaxPrice=&Mileage=&reg=CE57JFU

59BCC764-0E58-41D7-9169-6264B50E0AB8.thumb.png.910ffc7d49aeaed028c8be577c232eeb.png

Edited by Blackfabiavrs19
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, FUBAR said:

Realistically it's too new yet for my liking to do too much to it and still has a very new car feel to it... However :D suspension, wheels and perhaps some plastidip de-chroming should be carried out? Remap will be done in time too, will leave it until I'm a bit more bored of it and allow it to be reborn then. 

Like the sound of that! They don't need much doing, good idea to leave until you're bored lol

On 6/7/2018 at 08:23, Blackfabiavrs19 said:

That's the badger right there :crying: Do you know what it sold for? PMSL at the empty spare wheel well tbh :)

Edited by FUBAR

Mk1 is in for some work this week on Wednesday so fingers crossed on it being ready. I've taken overtime this weekend and last to force the requirement to have next weekend off :thumbup:

• Like 1

In case anyone is interested in this: Pilsen Auto (Skoda Dealers near Dublin) having their third annual RS/vRS day 30th June. Don't know much about it, just that Bob Flavin will be there helping to judge entries etc. 

https://www.facebook.com/events/2098392253775309/

• Like 1

18 hours ago, cormac81 said:

Would love to go that in Dublin but have something on. 

19 minutes ago, 02VRS said:

Aaaaaah that would be awesome but no chance of me making it on that day :sadsmile:

The both of you need to hit it up next year and show the twins off :cool:

1 minute ago, 02VRS said:

Totally!! Although ever notice one twin always good looking and the other looks a bit rougher lol

Just not physically possible to do it this year.

My peeling clear coat Mk1 takes the rough crown :crying:

1 minute ago, 02VRS said:

Away, that's a class wee car!

A chunk twice the size of a 50p coin on roof and a spreading strip on top surface of hatch :( Not looking forward to this weeks trip to garage, it's not needed anything for MOT for last 3 years lol. 

It's hardly done many miles though has it? My Mk4 Tdi had near 150k when I sold it, last three MOTs it only ever got oil and filters and the previous one it needed droplinks. Unbreakable wee cars!!

9 minutes ago, 02VRS said:

It's hardly done many miles though has it? My Mk4 Tdi had near 150k when I sold it, last three MOTs it only ever got oil and filters and the previous one it needed droplinks. Unbreakable wee cars!!

It's pretty close to the tipping point for hitting 70K 

3 minutes ago, 02VRS said:

Mine hit 70k a while back, devastating :blink:

The A4 is almost at 13K too :( If not before it will be on Sat when I have to take it back in for them to replace the rear splitter that was scuffed during delivery, got them to agree to top off the tank for my troubles. Should JUST have enough fuel from when they filled it up first time to get the week done commuting and get it back up there :D

Seems like only yesterday the Mk1 Octy had 42K 

Odo.jpg

Edited by FUBAR

3 hours ago, cormac81 said:

Maybe we should get a contingent next year and hit it..

I am vRSless for the 2nd time in over a decade... :(