Summer Meet, Oxford Island, June 24th

cormac81

On 20/06/2018 at 11:10, 02VRS said:

I'd be up for that!

Count me in aswell !

gonna try and get down to this years one but depends if I’m stuck in work or not :sweat:

Edited by Blackfabiavrs19

Bad news on the Mk1 Octy, I still don't have her back from the garage :( Didn't need much just a new spring kit for one of the drums and a track rod, bit of welding needed on exhaust and won't get it back until Tuesday now. Im up in Belfast in the morning to get new car sorted (and a complimentary free tank of fuel) and only just finished work, been a hell of a long week this end. 

Just now, Blackfabiavrs19 said:

Only me and @cormac81 showed up lol

ive pics on my camera just haven’t sorted them yet 

We've had several similar sized meets over the years here tbh :D

Yeap bit of a disaster numbers wise but we got to listen to some happy hard-core from other revellers lol.

Onto to the next one. We might be safer sharing phone numbers before the next one or setting up a whatsapp/fb group. We don't want another repeat of that especially if people are travelling further than others.

3 hours ago, cormac81 said:

Yeap bit of a disaster numbers wise but we got to listen to some happy hard-core from other revellers lol.

Onto to the next one. We might be safer sharing phone numbers before the next one or setting up a whatsapp/fb group. We don't want another repeat of that especially if people are travelling further than others.

Not a bad shout that !

I'm all good for the next one now. I settled the invoice for the Mk1 today between shifts and collected the keys, now to get a bus back in to collect it. First time in 3 years I've needed to get anything done for MOT and first time since owning I've paid someone else to work on it for the same. Glad I did as a small hole by cat went off to try and be welded by a wizard of a welder but instead he fabricated a new mid section and welded it onto the cat and clamped a fanged end the other side. Such a class bit of work very very good welding, £40 :thumbup: also had spring kit for drums as one side had imploded, track rod end and inner track rod on nearside, alignment redone after that and rear braked cleaned up etc. Mechanic was very impressed with how it drove, really likes the wee beasty.  

Is there any sort of idea on next meet, historically here it seemed to be that the fewer and further between the bigger the numbers for meets attending with longer run ups. The one before last had plenty of FB exposure too which must have helped as there were a lot of non Brisky members that pitched up in the end. Perhaps keeping it a stones throw from the big smoke helped a lot too so folk didn't have to drive beyond the solar system.

ps. I have the 2nd two weeks of July booked off if July would suit anyone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FUBAR said:

I'm all good for the next one now. I settled the invoice for the Mk1 today between shifts and collected the keys, now to get a bus back in to collect it. First time in 3 years I've needed to get anything done for MOT and first time since owning I've paid someone else to work on it for the same. Glad I did as a small hole by cat went off to try and be welded by a wizard of a welder but instead he fabricated a new mid section and welded it onto the cat and clamped a fanged end the other side. Such a class bit of work very very good welding, £40 :thumbup: also had spring kit for drums as one side had imploded, track rod end and inner track rod on nearside, alignment redone after that and rear braked cleaned up etc. Mechanic was very impressed with how it drove, really likes the wee beasty.  

Is there any sort of idea on next meet, historically here it seemed to be that the fewer and further between the bigger the numbers for meets attending with longer run ups. The one before last had plenty of FB exposure too which must have helped as there were a lot of non Brisky members that pitched up in the end. Perhaps keeping it a stones throw from the big smoke helped a lot too so folk didn't have to drive beyond the solar system.

I’m free near enough every weekend so anytime suits me 

• Like 1

I got my Scirocco at 123456, and posted on the register to find that someone had gone one better and reset their trip 789 miles before this to get 123456789!!!!

On 27/06/2018 at 18:40, FUBAR said:

I posted in FB a few weeks ago but as you say with it being outside Belfast and it not suiting people last minute it was just one of those things.

Yeah we should get something sorted sometime soon. As I said a whatsapp would be handy. PM your numbers and I set one up.

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, FUBAR said:

There is some of the RS day thing for those up for going next year:

Just so happened to be the newest car there won which was a bit stupid it’s obvs gonna be the cleanest car there

also no mk1 fabs or Octavia’s 

Cormac we should have headed down and taken 1st and 2nd in Mk1 Octy class lol...................... although I may have ended up with 3rd :tongueout:

@ Blackfabiavrs19 is your reg ***2800? Saw lovely one on Boucher Rd Sunday, I was in the Volvo though