Summer Meet, Oxford Island, June 24th

cormac81

6 hours ago, 02VRS said:

Cormac we should have headed down and taken 1st and 2nd in Mk1 Octy class lol...................... although I may have ended up with 3rd :tongueout:

@ Blackfabiavrs19 is your reg ***2800? Saw lovely one on Boucher Rd Sunday, I was in the Volvo though 

Yeah mate that’s mine 

7 hours ago, 02VRS said:

Cormac we should have headed down and taken 1st and 2nd in Mk1 Octy class lol...................... although I may have ended up with 3rd :tongueout:

@ Blackfabiavrs19 is your reg ***2800? Saw lovely one on Boucher Rd Sunday, I was in the Volvo though 

Lol definitely need to go next year.

That would be Daniels car alright, cracking wee fabia.

17 hours ago, Blackfabiavrs19 said:

Yeah mate that’s mine 

Lovely motor dude, thought it was you but wasn't 100% and didn't want to beep an wave like a lunatic in a non skoda :D

22 minutes ago, 02VRS said:

Should we add a spotted thread or is that pure sad??

There already is one. I've only been spotted once and ironically it was outside London when I was living in the Netherlands and we both posted having spotted each other lol. 

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/forum/6-spotted-was-it-you/

3 minutes ago, 02VRS said:

Hadn't noticed that Fubar! Was thinking of a separate one in here, or even in Irish section as such???

Would do no harm, forum seems to be getting rather quiet over the last year sadly though :( 

1 minute ago, 02VRS said:

Think most are, GTiNi etc have basically just gone to bakebook

A bloody shame as the searchable resource of forums is far better than the 9000th person asking the same question 20 minutes after the 8999th did on that bloody site! 

Slightly off topic the guys from RMS are having a run on August 19th down to Fubarland, Fermanagh. Starting off at Lisburn and should have some fine machinery at it.

But yes a meet in September would be good, lets make it better than last time eh @blackfaviavrs19

Im open to all suggestions for a venue, but the shafties just don't like travelling lol

2 hours ago, cormac81 said:

Slightly off topic the guys from RMS are having a run on August 19th down to Fubarland, Fermanagh. Starting off at Lisburn and should have some fine machinery at it.

But yes a meet in September would be good, lets make it better than last time eh @blackfaviavrs19

Im open to all suggestions for a venue, but the shafties just don't like travelling lol

Where are they starting of? Might be worth heading to the start for a nosey even.

Shafties don't like travelling???? .......................Ok probably true lol

2 hours ago, cormac81 said:

I recall some of you lusting after older Astra's? I saw this car on the road today and it made me think of you lot, then it's just now popped up for sale on FB. Wonder if damage was this afternoon after I saw it, as not many about. No idea if of any interest to anyone. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/199441903540804/permalink/1095148157303503/?sale_post_id=1095148157303503

Astra.png

• Like 1

Damn it, I thought I saw that car today in Enniskillen, which meant I was in the Audi, but having had a look on it's memory card, no.... So I must have seen it in the Skoda just before that as I swapped cars after taking the dog for a run. I did indeed see the same car before it's accident. Wiper wasn't working before the bonnet flew open and smashed itself and windscreen then and he must be a bit cheesed off so fired it up for sale. (I have seen this car around the odd time). That's my detective work done for today, can you tell I've been off work for 2 weeks and am bored? 

Astra 2.png

Astra 3.png

• Like 1

Columbo wouldn't be in it lol. Cormac has a bit of a soft spot for Astras. Couldn't be many GSI's left that's a real shame. I remember hearing of a guy with one back in the mid 90s, sold it on the Saturday and went to work. It was stolen that night and recovered the next morning. He got damage to door repaired and all tidied up before new owner collected it on the Monday evening and said nothing! 

Yeap I have a bit of an astra problem, that guy sells quite a lot of sporty cars particularly Vauxhalls. The astra doesn't look bad but its not the sought after redtop 2.0 version.

42 minutes ago, Blackfabiavrs19 said:

I’ll shall try and get to the next meet in the new bus B)

6A09A0FA-6605-44AA-9928-EC8D8B90A4B5.thumb.jpeg.aabc2e4004009c8fbc05a55b08dd7880.jpeg

I think you've gone and found a mint low miler there? Since I saw the first pic last night, I'm getting jealous of this fiery petrol bus! HTD 

ps. is this one going to be staying and is the furby going etc? 

Edited by FUBAR

5 minutes ago, 02VRS said:

Very nice dude. 'Low mileage' red octies are common as muc:D

Fixed that for ya 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FUBAR said:

I think you've gone and found a mint low miler there? Since I saw the first pic last night, I'm getting jealous of this fiery petrol bus! HTD 

ps. is this one going to be staying and is the furby going etc? 

Yup low mileage indeed just ticked on to 54k miles.

its a good spec aswell has xenons, 18 inch zeniths, jumbo box upgrade and maxidot do well chuffed with it. Ex Demo for a Skoda dealer in worcestershire

and the Fabia isn’t going anywhere this will be the weekend warrior and the Fabia is the daily driver 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blackfabiavrs19 said:

Yeah they do seem popular. Should of bought a black one :D

Red one looks much nicer in the combi shape IMO 

I am very jealous, welcome to the low miler and red club lol.

End of August/Sept for the meet everyone? Any dates that doesn't suit?

A Sunday? and is AM too early, would PM be better?

Edited by cormac81