Columbus MIB 2.5 Retrofit

....has anybody swapped the larger display / retrofitted a MIB2.5 Columbus? Im thinking of dumping the latest Admundesen and going for the bigger screen, dual SD slots and SIM car reader.......

Vehicle is MY2017 245

Take a look in SashaGracesVrs thread.

She fitted an Amundsen but I think there was another user who posted in there that performed the same upgrade for the Columbus.

Theres also the name of the Briskoda user to contact to do the correct coding/configuration you need.

Pab567 is your man, I’m sure he can upgrade MIB2 Columbus to MIB2.5 for a fee so that might help you out with costs if you can’t find one one the new units that begins 565. Screens you can get new from Cars Equipment for £350 if you can’t get a used one :)

Not many of those about then so upgrading a 3V0035021 is probably more cost effective as you say if that is possible.

You may also need the aerials for the SIM to work, not sure it works without an aerial attached to the main unit.

Edited by Dave77

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/06/2018 at 12:47, pab567 said:

@SashaGrace you are absolutely right. MIB2 can be upgraded into MIB2.5.

Hi @pab567, just to clarify, could I use my Amundsen MIB2 head unit, have this upgraded to MIB2.5 and use the larger soft-button Columbus? If so, am I correct in thinking that you could assist with getting all this working?