No more 1.5 TSI Edition?

LemIsBack

I’ve just been told by a dealer (not my local but they had a petrol blue one that I wanted to check the colour) that you can longer order a 1.5 TSI Edition?

Is this true? I’m just about to order and had my heart set on one. 

1 hour ago, LemIsBack said:

It is true that the factory order book is closed for up to two months and that you cant order one now but you will be able to order one again. Never mind the Edition - you cant order a 1.5 Tsi anything right now.

I suppose Skoda UK might drop the Edition - it is actually a factory  "Style" trim level with nice options added to that package. If they are doing an L&K for the 2019 model year (that starts in July) then it could well replace it.   

There seems to be a few reasons in play with the 1.5 - one is what olly_shaw has said - there is a shortage of 1.5 engines. This is compounded by the need for all engines and car configurations to be tested and certified under the new WLTP regulations. Production of the 1.4 Tsi has stopped so all engines now have to be the 1.5 and there aint enough of them.

Its not just a Skoda Karoq thing -  you cant order a 1.4 or 1.5 Tsi Kodiaq either - it is a problem across the VAG group and other manufacturers have problems with WLTP certifying delays as well. 

The big question is how long the order book is closed.  The current shortages of petrol engines can’t fulfill the outstanding orders, so unlikely to be any going into a relaunch stock.   Could easily be 3-5 months from orders reopening to deliveries.

There are some new petrol engines within VW group that come on stream in Autumn.  But for next few weeks the engine production is completely out of balance (diesel/petrol production ratio inconsistent with UK and Germany where diesel sales now down to about 30%), these are Europe’s 2 biggest markets and dominate larger car sales

Edited by SurreyJohn

On 08/06/2018 at 14:29, LemIsBack said:

I’ve just been told by a dealer (not my local but they had a petrol blue one that I wanted to check the colour) that you can longer order a 1.5 TSI Edition?

yes my order has just been cancelled ordered on the 29th may  and Skoda UK has confirmed it is being discontinued no builds for 2019, I ordered the 1.5 tsi edition dsg i am gutted as I don't want another diesel 

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, ry123 said:

yes my order has just been cancelled ordered on the 29th may  and Skoda UK has confirmed it is being discontinued no builds for 2019, I ordered the 1.5 tsi edition dsg i am gutted as I don't want another diesel 

Wow, thats bad news.

You would have thought they’d still fulfil existing orders.

• Sad 1

If my Karoq order was cancelled I’d be going back to the Ateca Excellence.

Big discounts on carwow plus £2500 from Seat at the moment.

2 hours ago, ry123 said:

That properly sucks. Did they offer any news on a replacement model? (eg. L&K). I'm on a company scheme and my current car is up, so I have to replace it with something.

I've popped a build in on carwow to see if I can get anything out of any of the local dealers when they tell me I can't have one.

I've popped a build in on carwow to see if I can get anything out of any of the local dealers when they tell me I can't have one.

They offered me a 1.5 tsi sel and add all the edition options on with the same discount but it worked out £2500 dearer than the edition model so not point for me as I would be losing out 

1 minute ago, ry123 said:

They offered me a 1.5 tsi sel and add all the edition options on with the same discount but it worked out £2500 dearer than the edition model so not point for me as I would be losing out 

I went through carwow and had a great deal as well £28078 for the edition with £2500 worth of added extras so I'm gutted now 

17 hours ago, ry123 said:

"Discontinued"? 2019? I would understand 2018 maybe because of the waiting times and WLTP certifications, but also 2019????

what about SEAT ,AUDI,VW with  the 1.5 engines are those orders being cancelled or not taken IF no 1.5 engines available?

Edited by Sad555

1.5 TSI EVO engines that have GPF's and WLTP results will be available in the various VW Group models for delivery after September when they get around to being able to build them and the certification done on the different ones with different trims / wheels etc.

Maybe just a bit of a delay currently which the Manufacturers, the UK importers and the Dealerships communicating very well.

As the Skoda Configurator / website says, 

'Please contact your local Skoda dealership for information'.  (paraphrase)  Or no or little information that can be relied on as it turns out.

HCM has a production capacity of approximately 390,000 vehicles and 260,000 engines annually.
•    HCM produces the Honda Civic Coupe, Sedan and Si models (Plant 1) and CR-V (Plant 2).
•    HCM’s Plant 1 produces 820 vehicles per day and Plant 2 produces 800 vehicles per day, for a total output of 1620 vehicles per day.
•    A new vehicle is driven off the production line at Plant 1 and Plant 2 almost every minute.
(63.4 seconds for Plant 1 and 64.2 seconds for Plant 2)……………..this is about 5,000 engines per week at one plant,TOYOTA  about 12,000 per week at one plant and vag cant get a few  hundred 1.5 engines to go in the karoq to ship to the uk……...all a bit strange.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Volkswagen_Group_factories 

VW have so many engine plants globally, so many companies and sub companies, they were big on diesels, and going diesel hybrid,  Audis were going Diesel /electric,

and they have issues with suppliers, like they get ripped off too often maybe.

Supplier Prevent holds Volkswagen’s feet to the fire.mhtml

VW cancels all contracts with rebel supplier.mhtml

Edited by Offski

3 hours ago, Offski said:

1.5 TSI EVO engines that have GPF's and WLTP results will be available in the various VW Group models for delivery after September when they get around to being able to build them and the certification done on the different ones with different trims / wheels etc.

Maybe just a bit of a delay currently which the Manufacturers, the UK importers and the Dealerships communicating very well.

'Please contact your local Skoda dealership for information'.  (paraphrase)  Or no or little information that can be relied on as it turns out.

As I will be replacing my lease VW Tiguan I have delayed ordering my new Karoq Edition so that the 28 weeks delivery quoted by my dealer 6 weeks ago would fit in to the date the Tiguan goes back in early January 2019, I emailed the Dealer today and he confirmed that there are no new orders being accepted but suggested that I get the finance proposal completed so that as soon as the order books open again my order can be placed. He also told me that there was a price increase due in July so I need to clarify how this will work when because of build delays I have a quote based on quarter 2 marketing and will place an order based on his original quote.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JanJan said:

"Discontinued"? 2019? I would understand 2018 maybe because of the waiting times and WLTP certifications, but also 2019????

yes no 1.5 tsi editions to be built in 2019 also check on the Octavia vrs forums they have stopped making them as well, I think it may be due to the recent emission laws coming in across Europe 

4 hours ago, Sad555 said:

what about SEAT ,AUDI,VW with  the 1.5 engines are those orders being cancelled or not taken IF no 1.5 engines available?

I think it is just the 1.5 tsi edition that has been discontinued and also the Octavia vrs books have been closed as well only stock ones available now 

4 hours ago, Offski said:

skoda UK  told me the 1.5 tsi edition only is being discontinued from September and for 2019  the other models are still available I also had the same answer from the dealer I ordered from as well I think it is a cop out as the 1.5 tsi edition was a good deal over the sel which would cost over £2500 more if spec up to the edition 

The were right on the Edition being discontinued,  not correct on the 'only' bit though, various VW Group models including from Skoda could be and are being discontinued.

Good value is great but cost them, and as for what happens after March 2019 and BREXIT they must have Derren Brown working for Skoda UK if they know now what Models / Spec they will bring in.

Damn, still haven't ordered mine, was really interested in the 1.5 TSI one... I guess we'll just have to wait and see what are they offering in the coming months. Would be a little bit disappointing of only 1 petrol engine available...

Edit: btw somebody was mentioning a 4x4 version for the petrol engines as well. I highly doubt they will be putting that in a 1.0 TSI, sooo that's probably on hold indefinitely as well?

Edited by JanJan