MPG

patrolman

I just did my first tank refill on my 1.5. Onboard diagnostics say that I averaged 7,1L/100 (or approx 40MPG) but trip computer vs litres to refill works out closer to 7,4 (38).

I think that the first days I was a little heavy footed and was playing around a lot so hopeful that 2nd tank will be slightly better. 

During one motorway test over 40miles I managed to get 6.0L (47MPG) but only if stuck to 110km (70 MPH) which is hard to do here in Germany :-)

2 minutes ago, Sad555 said:

And that’s without any FIX !!!!!!!!

The only software update wife's Karoq will get won't be at a Skoda dealer where they park your car round the back near the workshop all day then say your updates have been carried out Sir! AMD in Essex will carry out proper software update to give around 180bhp and 300NM of torque at about 8,000miles and late September!:biggrin:

2 hours ago, TPauly said:

hmm odd, mine has done 400 miles and averaging 46mpg in eco mode

TPauly, that is impressive. Out of curiousity would you mind providing some further details as way of comparison, i.e.

• AirCon On?,
  • manual/auto? 
  • % of driving that is motorway and if so what average speed?

Thanks

1 hour ago, FrankfurtDave said:

TPauly, that is impressive. Out of curiousity would you mind providing some further details as way of comparison, i.e.

• AirCon On?,
  • manual/auto? 
  • % of driving that is motorway and if so what average speed?

Thanks

yup aircon most definitely on lol

manual 1.5TSi

my 20 min journey to work and back is 50% dual carriageway

set on eco mode which has brought it from ave 41mpg to 46+ mpg

5 minutes ago, TPauly said:

yup aircon most definitely on lol

manual 1.5TSi

my 20 min journey to work and back is 50% dual carriageway

set on eco mode which has brought it from ave 41mpg to 46+ mpg

Thanks that is interesting. I am currently testing different motorway speeds and see the average consumption increase about 0,3 per 10 km/h from 110 onwards and under 110 being where the sweet spot is 

2 minutes ago, FrankfurtDave said:

Thanks that is interesting. I am currently testing different motorway speeds and see the average consumption increase about 0,3 per 10 km/h from 110 onwards and under 110 being where the sweet spot is 

Yes, have to say ive not been hurrying about, so not often past 70, mostly 60-70 dual carriageway and just driving sensibly rest of the time, but I get a fair bit of ECO from the cylinders shutting down which adds a bit I think

24 minutes ago, TPauly said:

Yes, have to say ive not been hurrying about, so not often past 70, mostly 60-70 dual carriageway and just driving sensibly rest of the time, but I get a fair bit of ECO from the cylinders shutting down which adds a bit I think

Yeah, I have a 35mile motorway section to work and my problem is a heavy foot on the Autobahns when I see that sign saying no speed limit :-)

Just put my first brim to brim refuel in the 1.5 TSi. Maxidot claims 31mpg, reality 28. Not bad since the average speed was 18mph with the occasional 71 on the dual carriageway. Cars only done 300 miles so far.

My long term showing 40.4 after 2,600 miles. Occasional  motorway / dual carriageway use but mostly 7 mile daily commute. Im pleased so far.

• 4 weeks later...

Couple of updates, recently changed from Eco to Sport in Wife's Karoq 1.5Tsi manual and gave surprising result on 3 recent commutes (this includes 42 roundabouts) totalling 80 miles. Check out the new PB of 63.2MPG and range left in the tank as well as average from 3 separate journeys!:biggrin:

image.jpg

image.jpg

On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 19:00, GlosJanner said:

Just put my first brim to brim refuel in the 1.5 TSi. Maxidot claims 31mpg, reality 28. Not bad since the average speed was 18mph with the occasional 71 on the dual carriageway. Cars only done 300 miles so far.

Just been to the South West and back over the weekend and used a tank. Multidot said 43 mpg and the brim to brim revealed 43mpg as well. At an average speed for the 391 miles on the tank of petrol at an average 41mph. Mostly M-way and DCW + A roads in Cornwall. Car is now just short of 1000 miles on the clock.

1.5 TSi DSG

11 hours ago, OldKaroq said:

@shyVRS245 I think it very important to have a hobby!! ;)

I think you are jealous of my driving abilities to eke out 8mpg more than Skoda combined figure for the Karoq with this engine.Hobbies today are painting the en-suite and cutting the lawn as I am supposed to be on holiday this week! HA HA LOL!:evilgrin:

1 minute ago, shyVRS245 said:

I think you are jealous of my driving abilities to eke out 8mpg more than Skoda combined figure for the Karoq with this engine.Hobbies today are painting the en-suite and cutting the lawn as I am supposed to be on holiday this week! HA HA LOL!:evilgrin:

I certainly AM jealous!!

I would have to travel at a steady 20mph to get near to what you get!! The 1.5 TSI is just so "nippy" I don't hang around. 

I think the DSG is a little thirstier in real life driving. Its fine though, I love autos.

Good luck with your painting!

1 minute ago, OldKaroq said:

I certainly AM jealous!!

I would have to travel at a steady 20mph to get near to what you get!! The 1.5 TSI is just so "nippy" I don't hang around. 

I think the DSG is a little thirstier in real life driving. Its fine though, I love autos.

Good luck with your painting!

Thanks really looking forward to it!:devil: On my last journey in the Karoq actually overtook 65 plate Audi TT and 296bhp Jaguar F Type before I got to the motorway so agree with you on the nippy bit. Finally I think the manual allows me to keep the ACT working for more of the time but surprised how the car is even more economical in SPORT than it was in ECO!:biggrin:

As my Octi Greenline diesel used to get me an average of 60mpg I am watching this thread to see what is possible. I have just hit 1000 miles and I will start to monitor more closely.

After seeing the comment that sports mode was better MPG I switched tonight on a regular run to the gym and where previously I got 31mpg on Eco mode I got 33 / 34 mpg in Sports mode.

A bit more testing to do to see why that happened and if Sports is more economical..

8 hours ago, MJ1 said:

As my Octi Greenline diesel used to get me an average of 60mpg I am watching this thread to see what is possible. I have just hit 1000 miles and I will start to monitor more closely.

After seeing the comment that sports mode was better MPG I switched tonight on a regular run to the gym and where previously I got 31mpg on Eco mode I got 33 / 34 mpg in Sports mode.

A bit more testing to do to see why that happened and if Sports is more economical..

Last tank entirely in SPORT was 392 miles using just 35.62 litres at an average of exactly 50.0MPG better than the overall 49.37MPG to date, car now done 7,200 miles.:biggrin:

I've just put 3k miles on mine driving across Europe. Got over 50MPG on one tank in Norway on an 80km/h road.

Autobahn was at around 33MPG but I was pushing on a bit and quite a lot of slowing down / speeding up due to traffic. Mainly in Eco and Normal mode. 1.5 TSI.

• 3 weeks later...

Karoq has today reached 8,000miles so a quick update. 1.5Tsi manual (24 tanks) 819.55 litres (costing £985.73 so far) or 180.28gallons. Average is now just 44.38MPG I think the wife has been enjoying the horses recently because that is quite a drop over the last 800miles. Never mind still pleased we traded in the 1.2Tsi Rapid Spaceback.:party: