which model to buy

so i am looking to replace my 2018 colour edition that is likely to be written off (£8k plus vat to repair so can't see them fixing it) 

I have the 1.0 mpi 75 version at the minute and i fancy the tsi engine - but unsure if i should go for the monte carlo instead - i loved my little car :(

Sorry to hear about the possible write off.

My parents bought a 67 plate SE-L Estate 1.0 TSI 95 a couple of months ago, they love it. They went from an Audi A3 1.6 diesel fastback and they much much prefer the new Skoda by far, so powerful for a 1.0L!

I have a 1.2 90 Monte Carlo Estate, if I bought it again today, I’d go for the 1.0 TSI 110 for sure.

Tbh my husband picked the fabia for me and it took a while for me to love it, and when I’d just found the love for it, this happens! 

But I’m completely on board now, can’t wait to get a new one! 

I'd definitely go for the TSI. I've not driven the MPI Fabia, but I have driven the Polo with that engine and the difference between that and the TSI 90 1.2 I have is night and day. The performance of the newer 1.0 TSI is pretty much exactly the same.

Very sorry to hear you have lost your new love! But once you take out the TSI engined car in 95ps or 110ps form, you'll want one straight away and you'll fall in love all over again! Good luck with that and please tell us how you get on with the test drive. 

I agree with the above comments; go for the TSI if you have the possibility. Actually, In Finland the MPI engines are not even sold, so I don't have any experience with them at all. 

Had the worlds shortest test drive in the tsi 95 yesterday and I loved it.

went back to the dealer I bought from previously yesterday and he’s not really making any effort to sell me one. I’m thinking he thinks it’s a done deal. 

However, I’m definitely shopping around for the best price I can get. 

Its just whether or not I go for the colour edition again or the Monte Carlo! 

from the 1st of this month i've been driving my new redline,well it had 3000 on the clock , 5500 knocked off straight off , now it's a 1.0tsi 110 bhp nippy as hell can't fault it really , i had a 252bhp audi a3 s line before and its so good on fuel and not underpowered mainly round town so far 48 average , better than 10=29

4 hours ago, lauryloo said:

Had the worlds shortest test drive in the tsi 95 yesterday and I loved it.

went back to the dealer I bought from previously yesterday and he’s not really making any effort to sell me one. I’m thinking he thinks it’s a done deal. 

However, I’m definitely shopping around for the best price I can get. 

Its just whether or not I go for the colour edition again or the Monte Carlo! 

When looking last year for my wife, I pushed her towards the Colour Edition over the Monte Carlo. It’s a better base spec IMO. 

Surely the answer is a question itself. The engine choice is a function of the driving you will be doing.

I do 15k a year mostly on A roads and motorways so I bought a TDI.
Average motorists with 7--10k a year and many short journeys should buy a TSI
People who use the car less and mostly do small urban journeys should buy the MPI.
etc etc.

I had the MPI version in my Seat Mii and  it's a fine engine but I imagine a tad under powered for the Fabia....

Tsi for me.

Harry

finally got the call declaring my car a write off, which i knew 

they can offer me a new for old car on my policy, but i have gap insurance and tbh i would rather source an TSI engine.   

The best deal i have found is the tsi 95 in either white or blue for 159 deposit and 159 a month on a 4 year pcp deal.  

On 13 June 2018 at 17:11, lauryloo said:

so i am looking to replace my 2018 colour edition that is likely to be written off (£8k plus vat to repair so can't see them fixing it) 

I have the 1.0 mpi 75 version at the minute and i fancy the tsi engine - but unsure if i should go for the monte carlo instead - i loved my little car :(

Go for the TSI 110 if possible, not driven the 1.0 but my 1.2 is a very willing little beastie and sure ain't no slouch. Fun on four wheels. 

Forgot how much of a pain dealing with insurance companies is

first offer for my car not enough to clear the finance, fingers crossed the 2nd will be much better. 

I can have a brand brand new car as an option, but it would be another mpi and I’d rather upgrade 

18 hours ago, lauryloo said:

Forgot how much of a pain dealing with insurance companies is

first offer for my car not enough to clear the finance, fingers crossed the 2nd will be much better. 

I can have a brand brand new car as an option, but it would be another mpi and I’d rather upgrade 

Can you not just pay the difference.  Might be the cheapest option for you.

got a great pcp deal on a new Race blue colour edition - i went for the TSI 95 engine and hopefully collecting it next weekend if all goes to plan

can't wait to get on the road again :)

• Like 2