Stop-Start not working

Booked car in again. Apparently a diagnosis and an update of software with the replacement of the component on the + battery terminal was all that was needed. No road test then obviously, as they'd have noticed it was still not working . :sadsmile:

31 minutes ago, gregoir said:

Booked car in again. Apparently a diagnosis and an update of software with the replacement of the component on the + battery terminal was all that was needed. No road test then obviously, as they'd have noticed it was still not working . :sadsmile:

The current senor is on the -ve terminal connector not the +ve end.

• Like 1

I routinely use the button in front of the gear selector to deactivate the start stop when I hop in the car. If I am going to be stopped for a while I just press the button again and the engine cuts out. I then push the button a second before I want to take off again. Works for me.

• 2 months later...
On 20/06/2018 at 17:09, Octy0GG said:

Just came across this video about SOC indicator on maxi dot . Unfortunately my car appears to have been made after this function was deleted. - I guess Skoda got fed up of people questioning and complaining about the numbers.

Looks like you can still get this information from the car if you use the Skoda One App on your smartphone if you have one. When you get the app to stay connected, click on Current Drive Data, then Widgets, click on the Edit button in the bottom left and you can add a battery icon which shows the current  charge level: 

21525515-58CC-4BBF-9F7C-E1C869CEAC48.jpeg

• 4 months later...

Got my car booked in again before the three year warranty runs out next month. I think the local dealer tried to fix it 4 times since I bought the car. I was told each time the problem had been diagnosed, but no sign of it being fixed on the first drive home.

Yesterday a new battery was fitted and for the first time in 18 months , the system works. I was actually more concerned about the low 12V battery warnings rather than the STOP/START system.

Time will tell if it has been really fixed.

Mine still has a mind of its own, but is much more consistent in the warmer weather we’ve been having. Only requires a short drive to charge it up to a level where it kicks in.  Hope you have no more issues!

• 1 year later...
On 21/06/2018 at 18:37, Octy0GG said:

Everything that can be switched off was switched off. Both pictures taken at same time.

Does not seem to add up to me.  Power consumption should not have been high, engine was running. Anyone know what might be going on?  Thanks

5b2bd31ef050f_Nostopstart.png.701b50b7697d456551df83c388b0313c.png

Hello! Your problems have been solved? My Superb has the same messages, and it also disables the AC. How was it resolved? What was real reason of the problem? Please write me an email. [email protected]

On 22/09/2020 at 22:48, Mary79 said:

Hello! Your problems have been solved? My Superb has the same messages, and it also disables the AC. How was it resolved? What was real reason of the problem? Please write me an email. vkmary79@freemail.hu

Sorry, I don't think I can offer much of an explanation.

Stop start is back to it's original over enthusiastic self - far too keen to stop engine.

Car is now 4 years old and still on original battery - as it ought to be of course, but would suggest that it probably wasn't a dud battery.

The only times stop-start does not kick in are now for fairly obvious reasons.

Switching stop-start to off is part of my routine start up procedure these days.

Don't know if your Superb would have a SOC indicator like the Octavia used to but if it does it might be worth checking that.

On 2020. 09. 22. at 23:48, Mary79 said:

Szia! A problémái megoldódtak? A Superb-nek ugyanazok az üzenetei vannak, és letiltja az AC-t is. Hogyan oldódott meg? Mi volt a probléma valódi oka? Kérem, írjon nekem egy e-mailt. vkmary79 @ freemail.hu

Hi! This car is also 4 years old. Unfortunately, the service was unable to resolve the issue. We bought a new AGM battery, tried it with another original factory battery, replaced the battery controller, voltage regulator. The generator is charging. The car will still display these messages to you. Or at start-up, “the 12 V battery is weak, charge while driving.” The Infotainment system also switches off when the engine is not running. He disables the climate after a while because he thinks the battery is dead. No help has been received from the manufacturer yet. Software error in theory. I was hoping to find a solution, otherwise I would have to sue the dealer. Used after 3 months. 😕