Eibach or H&R for lowering?

This was mine when I first had it done with no weight in. Get a proper 4whee hunter alignment done too once they are fitted 

wirh 20mm spacers on back but preferred it with 12mm. Side on pic in the car park has no spacers. It’ll look lower without spacers 

0E94D656-2131-40FD-B573-8C88CFCB911B.jpeg

5C7EEAC1-3D8C-40A9-9739-106FFD4AAE38.jpeg

7B2A9474-3E01-4A16-AEAE-7D580438245C.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Bilstein b8 with hr -50 over here, car didn’t drop 35mm as it shouldhave, more 20-25mm. I don’t think it will go lower it’s been nearly 2 weeks now, but I’m happy with the result, front lower than rear so it’s good for me I like it. Could still put 2 adults in back without fear of touching fenders. (Wheels have been pushed out 16mm from alloys ET difference). Difference in driving is big , car holds its way in corners a lot better, ride firmer but not back breaking.

EA2B5420-7E37-4FA0-8F96-AC45C1A0B1DF.jpeg

9F622B01-0908-4FA5-8985-0265F2B0CBA9.jpeg

B6655C74-DF44-437D-BB8E-3A887596836F.jpeg

Edited by vrsdx57

• 4 weeks later...

Hy guys. I've fitted Eibach Pro-kit, 20mm front, 10mm back. But i think i will go by the end of the year with H&R 40 mm drop, or Eibach Sportline 40 mm drop. Is not low enough for me.

Wheels: bbs speedline 19x8.5 et48 with 225/35/19 pirelli p zero tyres and oem pictoris 18 wheels gunmetal painted. 

So, if anyone interested in buying them, i will let you know when i change them. 

04D0DD43-C6C5-46FD-AAA3-A267CAD7B178.thumb.jpg.7e4cc673833814ce34aab7ff93234731.jpg

E3B7867C-4CA7-4E91-9677-CA961C672C38 2.jpg

6D186699-11BF-48A4-AE60-DB93E45CDE70 2.jpg

1BF0EF6C-6405-462B-8551-88C8FC2933AB 2.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

Edited by fane87
  • Thanks 1

Looks good mate! It’s quite low if you ask me, mine is the same but I have H&r -45-50 with bilstein b8. I was expecting a 30 - 35mm drop but it didn’t happen. Front was 25-30 and back 15 -20 only, don’t know why. Maybe car was higher than yours it’s mk2 10 plate. You will do good with either choice, eibach might be more comfortable some say.

i v got 18/s x 8 with 235/40 Dunlop’s et 42 so they ve been pushed 16mm further out. I won’t change suspension anymore happy with it. Cost me about 800. Here are some pics

8C78A3CD-A1FA-410B-9F97-FA06236E0CEA.jpeg

B1F2C3E6-3FC6-470A-A5D7-96A45669C28C.jpeg

B75841C7-21CE-4B5F-BABB-07ED1F964952.jpeg

Edited by vrsdx57

16 hours ago, vrsdx57 said:

Looks good mate! It’s quite low if you ask me, mine is the same but I have H&r -45-50 with bilstein b8. I was expecting a 30 - 35mm drop but it didn’t happen. Front was 25-30 and back 15 -20 only, don’t know why. Maybe car was higher than yours it’s mk2 10 plate. You will do good with either choice, eibach might be more comfortable some say.

i v got 18/s x 8 with 235/40 Dunlop’s et 42 so they ve been pushed 16mm further out. I won’t change suspension anymore happy with it. Cost me about 800. Here are some pics

8C78A3CD-A1FA-410B-9F97-FA06236E0CEA.jpeg

B1F2C3E6-3FC6-470A-A5D7-96A45669C28C.jpeg

B75841C7-21CE-4B5F-BABB-07ED1F964952.jpeg

Looks almost the same as mine. how are de b8 dumpers ? bumpier or comfortable than stock ?

• Thanks 1

On 18/08/2018 at 12:21, fane87 said:

Looks almost the same as mine. how are de b8 dumpers ? bumpier or comfortable than stock ?

Ride is harsher mate obviously; it’s a shorter sport damper in the end.  not very bad but I would say at the limit. You wouldn’t want harder than that. 

But feels a lot safer in every day driving and like on rails in turns, lol. Looking forward for a whiteline rarb so that should finally make Octavia fast in turns not just straight line

• 5 months later...
On 23/06/2018 at 23:33, Kahunajb said:

I'm on eibach if I was doing it again I would go H&R as the eibach prokit aren't low enough for me.

Also have Bilstein B8 dampers. If the OP has the standard Octavia suspension rather than the VRS which is 15mm lower I would be concerned with going too low (as I assume they have different  dampers as standard) and this case maybe eibach is the better choice unless replacing the dampers also.

Hi, revicing this old thread. 

I have an tdi vrs combi on H&R -40mm springs. One of the stock rear shocks has started to leak. I'm going to replace both rear shocks (fronts later on maybe).

Have done some reasearch on alternatives and It seems that the Bilstein B8 would suit my needs the best. However have read mixed reviews about them, some think they are too harsch.

Now I'm absolutely not looking for a harsher ride then h&r with stock shocks which Is bearable over potholes and small bumps. Have a 1 year old In the backseat. But I'm not looking to change springs. 

So has anybody got firsthand experience of riding on vrs stock shocks on H&R and afterwards getting Bilstein B8's ? 

Would like to know how It affects ride quality compared to stock, this is my biggest concern.

Thanks heeps.

• Sponsor
3 hours ago, maxxxi said:

Hi, revicing this old thread. 

I have an tdi vrs combi on H&R -40mm springs. One of the stock rear shocks has started to leak. I'm going to replace both rear shocks (fronts later on maybe).

Have done some reasearch on alternatives and It seems that the Bilstein B8 would suit my needs the best. However have read mixed reviews about them, some think they are too harsch.

Now I'm absolutely not looking for a harsher ride then h&r with stock shocks which Is bearable over potholes and small bumps. Have a 1 year old In the backseat. But I'm not looking to change springs. 

So has anybody got firsthand experience of riding on vrs stock shocks on H&R and afterwards getting Bilstein B8's ? 

Would like to know how It affects ride quality compared to stock, this is my biggest concern.

Thanks heeps.

From what you've said you may be better off going with the B4 Sport.

Damian @ DPM Performance 

29 minutes ago, Damian@DPM said:

From what you've said you may be better off going with the B4 Sport.

Damian @ DPM Performance 

I understood that the b4 is a standard lenght shock for stock springs, since I have -40mm springs wouldn't this make the b4 have the same problem as the oem shock and not work properly? 

Could not find any "b4 sport" only b4.

15 minutes ago, Damian@DPM said:

Apologies I should of really said it's the ones Bilstein quote for vehicles wit 'sports' suspension - 22-230539 / 19-230559

Damian @ DPM Performance 

Ok, thanks mate. Are those b4's then shorter or why are they ok for the springs?

Have to consider which ones to get. Are those part numbers fine with 2014 plate octavia 2.0tdi RS combi?

Do you have part numbers for the bilstein b8's aswell?

1 hour ago, Damian@DPM said:

That's the part numbers for 55mm front struts with independent rear suspension. 

PM over your reg or chassis number and I'll get the B8 numbers or these can also be found on Bilstein's website.

Cheers mate, will do!

If anybody has had H&R and B8 or B4 feel free to comment how the ride and handling Is.

• 2 months later...

Hello guys. I have changed my suspension from stock dampers with eibach pro kit, to bilstein b14 coilovers. Changed also the wheels- vw pretoria oem wheels 19" with 235/35 continental tyres. 

The bilstein b14 is better in every way possible. Ride quality improved but very bumpier. :) You can feel every bump in the road. The real diference is felt on highway, on braking, cornering and accelerating. The car doesn't move so much, it stays better on the road. 

Here are some pics:

20190405_124247.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So is it general consensus that that Eibach's dont drop as low as they state where as H&R do more or less get to their stated drop figure?

I was looking at the H&R 40mm (so 25mm drop on vRS Octavia 2015) but this will be ever so slightly too much, so was looking at the Eibach 25mm sportline (Part NO: E20-15-021-05-22), if the actual drop will be 20-22mm then ill be golden!??

Same car here BlockABoots. I'm on the Eibach Sportlines and I got something like a 25mm drop front / 20 mm drop rear. I feel like the rear could go another 5-10mm lower but I guess I don't mind for those times I'm carrying passengers or a boot-full.

Where I am, I wouldn't want to get any lower at the front at least.

8 minutes ago, TimmyQ said:

Same car here BlockABoots. I'm on the Eibach Sportlines and I got something like a 25mm drop front / 20 mm drop rear. I feel like the rear could go another 5-10mm lower but I guess I don't mind for those times I'm carrying passengers or a boot-full.

Where I am, I wouldn't want to get any lower at the front at least.

Thanks for the reply.

Bugger i might have to get the Eibach Pro springs then with the 20/10mm drop as 25mm is going to scrap my front spoiler ive fitted reversing onto my drive 😞

Apologies if this has been covered somewhere else and also for highjacking the thread:

My non-vrs estate sit very low at the front compared to the rear and I've been looking at lowering springs with the intension of sharpening up the ride but also levelling it out.  Most of the kits seem to offer a similar 'lower at the front' setup.  Would fitting eibach pro on the rear only (0mm/35mm, F/R) be enough to level it off or pro rear and vrs front maybe (15mm/35mm, F/R).

In my searching I came across MSS kits which look amazing but none are listed for the octavia let alone torsion beam.

Or does anyone know of a slightly lower 'standard' rear spring?  Looked at greenline springs as I'm sure they are lower but not for the 2.0tdi?

Edit:

Just measured the arch heights. 685mm front, 695mm rear. So I have 10mm difference to play with. Seems like even the eibach pro/vrs combo would be 10mm difference the other way.

Edited by MarkyG82