Ventilated seats - Can hardly feel the effect of ventilation

Guys,

I can hardly feel the work of ventilated seats in my car even on max position. Is that how it is supposed to be? I can hear the work of fans, but can't almost feel any cool air blow. Also, do they somehow use AC when working or is it just the fans that are built in the seats? The reason I ask, is because with AC off I kinda don't feel any cool air at all. And that is when it is turned on max speed. Can't imaging anyone using them not on max.

If the car is under warranty take it to the dealer.I had a similar issue with my heated seats on my previous Superb,it did get warm but not as hot as the passenger side. Needed replacement seat bottom... test the ventilation between driver and passenger there may be a difference.

They do not blow air, they pull the air through the seat away from you, they are quite effective (try a hot day with them off and you will notice quite a difference).

I feel it at the same way, and also with heating I'm not so happy, maybe it is just the way it should be. But, I can feel cooling better when I push my back about 1cm from the seat, maybe you block all the air with body, I don't know.

mine works very nicely - i can certainly feel it in either heating or cooling modes.

in fact i don't go past the 1st level (of 3) as it does the job well.

in summer, i'm talking about avg 35 degree temps - so its bl00dy hot in the car.

in winter, i'm talking avg 0 degree temps - so plenty cold.

9 hours ago, Gizmo said:

They do not blow air, they pull the air through the seat away from you

That's wierd. So, if I block all the holes in the leather with my body, then I won't feel the effect, right? Now I see why I can't feel anything)) Cos if the air was blowing and not pulling I would still feel it, but since it's pulling and all holes are closed, there apparently is no air to pull, so I don't feel any effect.

P.S. does ventilation use AC cold or is it just fan spins?

Edited by axd1152

6 hours ago, miloshst said:

and also with heating I'm not so happy, maybe it is just the way it should be

My heating works great. It's just the cooling that doesnt))

No A/C is used for the seats. 

You can can feel the heat being pulled out of you. 

Turn them hem off for a few miles and you will feel how comfortable they feel when they are on. 

• Like 1

With the A/C on or the heating set at a low temperature they pull the air in and past you producing a cooling effect, mine work perfectley.

After a recent 14 hour trip to the South of France I got out of the car as cool as I got in, no sweaty back or underparts!

Never though to try  the ventialtion with heated seats, will give it a go when it gets cold.

Edited by philsmith

I do think that sometimes but the type of clothing you wear does make a difference.  With jeans for example, you would feel very little air coming through but with light trousers (maybe a linen type summer trousers or shorts) it is much more noticeable.  I think it probably needs a fourth setting??

11 minutes ago, Superb170 said:

with light trousers (maybe a linen type summer trousers or shorts) it is much more noticeable.  I think it probably needs a fourth setting??

sucking/blowing near my nether regions.....hmm....I might like that...:happy:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1