Dash Rattle

ronster007

Just wondering if anyone has experienced any rattles from the dash on new Karoqs?  I have had one on mine since delivery but it’s very odd as it’s intermittent and when in the drivers seat sounds like it’s coming from passengers side but when in passenger seat it sounds like it’s coming from the drivers side. 

• Like 1

Its probably useful to state which model car you have when discussing rattles, as there are differences in equipment. For example there are differing infotainment systems that may have different mounting leading to a rattle / creak or the Canton sound system that has an extra speaker in the top of the dash...

I have no dash rattles at present in my SE-L, no Canton sound.

17 minutes ago, Luckypants said:

Its probably useful to state which model car you have when discussing rattles, as there are differences in equipment. For example there are differing infotainment systems that may have different mounting leading to a rattle / creak or the Canton sound system that has an extra speaker in the top of the dash...

I have no dash rattles at present in my SE-L, no Canton sound.

It’s anSE-L with the standard infotainment set up

What have you got in glovebox , or centre console .?.

my superb use to drive me mad until I found out it was some coins jangling around in a small ashtray pot that I took out of a Toyota Yaris we owned.

You could try tapping the dash with a plastic camping mallet with the ends wrapped with a microfibre cloth (or similar) and see if that highlights where the rattle is coming from. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Regatta-Outdoors-Plastic-Camping-Mallet/dp/B01AN34LIU

If not the usual suspects, crap in a storage area, then areas reported on other Skoda models;

Where the dash meets the A pillar. 

Where the dash meets the windscreen. 

The ICE not seated correctly. 

Loose connection at rear of ICE. 

Loose component within an air vent. 

Good hunting. 

2 hours ago, Fin69 said:

....If not the usual suspects, crap in a storage area....

I think I'll stick with the rattle. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, fabman said:

What have you got in glovebox , or centre console .?.

my superb use to drive me mad until I found out it was some coins jangling around in a small ashtray pot that I took out of a Toyota Yaris we owned.

Just a duster and the service/user manual. Hopefully it settles down as things bed in. Last thing I want to do is have the dash taken apart as these things are never the same after that and more and more problems are simply likely to arise.

Just wondered ronster007 if you got to the bottom of the rattle? I get it but it's always when I am driving so I can't examine every cubby hole on the passenger side and the wife says it's on my side of the car......so stalemate!

On 11/07/2018 at 17:13, ronster007 said:

No but had issues with the dealer so won’t be going back 

You can go to any dealer you like -  just switch to a better one. The warranty is with the manufacturer and not a specific dealer.

My SE has this 'rattle' on drivers side I suspect the mount for my Garmin Sat Nav but on the passenger side I suspect disturbed trim when dealer installed dash cam as A pillar to door seal wasn't back in place correctly. Not happening often enough to get to worked up about - will keep until anything else shows up but so far so good