Front Tyres

Hi.  I have just reached 19,000 miles and the fronts are getting a bit close to the minimum limit.  The wear seems fairly even across the tyre but 19K seems a bit low compared with other cars I have owned.  I'm just wondering if it's normal?  Mine's fitted with Continental Premium Contact 215/55/R17.

Also, the Continentals seems a bit pricey compared with other premium brands.  I was about to order Goodyear Efficiency Grip Performance which look a little better on the tyre label.  Don't know if anyone had tried these on a Superb?  Or Is it best to stick to the original brand?

1 hour ago, plasma99 said:

Hi.  I have just reached 19,000 miles and the fronts are getting a bit close to the minimum limit.  The wear seems fairly even across the tyre but 19K seems a bit low compared with other cars I have owned.  I'm just wondering if it's normal?  Mine's fitted with Continental Premium Contact 215/55/R17.

Also, the Continentals seems a bit pricey compared with other premium brands.  I was about to order Goodyear Efficiency Grip Performance which look a little better on the tyre label.  Don't know if anyone had tried these on a Superb?  Or Is it best to stick to the original brand?

I changed my continentals to goodyear. I am very pleased, they are quiet and ride became more comfortable. I recommend goodyear.

Edited by Paikesejanku

2 hours ago, plasma99 said:

Conti is known for it's fast wearing and is rather noisy on rough tarmac. Mine are Continental SportsContact though.

I would personally not buy Conti again for my Superb.

I got 19k out of my set from factory and now they are on Hankook (because its a lease car) but i hve to say i am very impressed with them so far. Havent tried it in the wet yet.

Thanks for the replies.  Goodyear EGs it is.  Just booked mobile fitting with Kwik Fit who are surprisingly competitive on price.

On 11/07/2018 at 11:37, plasma99 said:

Mine, same size, same tyre lasted 8k miles on the front, same engine also !

Changed them with Pirelli p7's. - which are now at 2mm

Edited by RickTT

On 11/07/2018 at 11:37, plasma99 said:

On 12/07/2018 at 23:30, RickTT said:

Mine, same size, same tyre lasted 8k miles on the front, same engine also !

Blimey - on my MKII the original Continentals (205/55/16) lasted over 35k miles - changed at about 3mm