Bluetooth link to new Samsung S9 phone

When I bought my Octavia  Hatch SE L 1.4TSI 150 PS DSC almost 2 years ago it linked up with my mobile phone, a Samsung S6 straight away using bluetooth. However I have just upgraded to a Samsung S9 and I cannot get the phone recognised by the car.

Has anyone had a similar problem ?  

Does anyone know how I can get the car to recognise my new phone?

20 minutes ago, john999boy said:

Is the car full of previously paired phones?

It just tells me that the S6 is there, but searching for the S9 does not work

21 minutes ago, Algst said:

It just tells me that the S6 is there, but searching for the S9 does not work

Sorry to state the really obvious......  your S6 isn't still turned on somewhere in your house is it?

My wife used my car and hooked her phone up, because it was the last phone that connected and it was in range when I used my car again it paired with it ahead of my phone.

51 minutes ago, Russ77 said:

Sorry to state the really obvious......  your S6 isn't still turned on somewhere in your house is it?

My wife used my car and hooked her phone up, because it was the last phone that connected and it was in range when I used my car again it paired with it ahead of my phone.

This. It will go through the list of paired devices in order until it finds one that connects. Remove all the other paired devices leaving just the S9.

Hi ahenners,

Yes, I had thought that this was a possibility and had switched off the bluetooth connection on the S6. However the car still shows only the S6 and although it searches it cannot find the S9 .  I have even downloaded the latest Nav updates to see if that helps but all to no avail.

Just a thought, have you checked the Bluetooth settings on your S9 to make sure that it is "discoverable"?

Your car might not be able to see your S9 if it isn't broadcasting its availability.

35 minutes ago, Algst said:

Yes , bluetooth is switched On , so should be discoverable.

I am beginning to wonder if there is a fault with my new phone

on my work Samsung, there's a Bluetooth on/off and a separate Phone visibility setting

also try deleting the old phone and all associated contacts from the car, my old car would keep dropping contacts as the memory was nearly full

Yeah, as said above, the best thing to do is to delete all the bluetooth profiles from your car and if the car is saved on your new phone, delete that.

I would suggest, as well, you rename the car's bluetooth name.

Double check your phone's software is up to date and the same for your car.

.........and then, try again :thumbup:

Hi All ,

Thanks for all of your comments. I finally looked at the Samsung page on the internet and did what they suggested and guess what - my S6 disappeared and the S9 was on screen. I was able to download all my contacts etc.

Problem solved - Thanks again

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Algst said:

Hi All ,

Thanks for all of your comments. I finally looked at the Samsung page on the internet and did what they suggested and guess what - my S6 disappeared and the S9 was on screen. I was able to download all my contacts etc.

Really glad it's sorted..... especially as I'm looking at an S9 for my next phone!

3 hours ago, Algst said:

Hi All ,

What was the solution?

Hi Tunedude,

When I went on the Samsung page I logged in and there were a list of problems that people could be having with their phones. Looking down the list was,  having trouble with bluetooth connections. I clicked on that and after a few seconds it came up with a code Skoda 3088 or something like that. The same code then came up on the car screen. I was asked if the two codes were identical and I clicked yes. After a few seconds my S9 appeared on the car screen and i was able to install all my stored numbers. The whole thing was extremely simple

• Like 1

I have more or less the same problem, but with the note 4, it connects to the head unit, but refuses to let me answer a call, using either the phone or head screen , even though the symbols for answering are showing, I think I possibly have a faulty BT on the head unit, the note 4 is on the compatibility list, is the BT built in or a separate box somewhere, all phones where delated from the unit before trying several times to no avail, had to get a HTC M9 and that worked , but not as good as it should 

9 minutes ago, skippy41 said:

I have more or less the same problem, but with the note 4, it connects to the head unit, but refuses to let me answer a call, using either the phone or head screen , even though the symbols for answering are showing, I think I possibly have a faulty BT on the head unit, the note 4 is on the compatibility list, is the BT built in or a separate box somewhere, all phones where delated from the unit before trying several times to no avail, had to get a HTC M9 and that worked , but not as good as it should 

Make sure you've got the permissions for the car to be controlling the phone. I'd unpair it and try again, as it's one of the first questions the phone will ask when you connect a new device to it