For goodness sake, someone stop me...maybe!!

54 minutes ago, ffox said:

...and the dodgy dealer didn't tell you!  Please let us know if you discover anything else like that.

No, he's not a dodgy dealer. Just my cloth ears on the test ride!

51 minutes ago, Offski said:

Love it.  I would like more Air Bumps, but maybe those will come as an option come time.

DSCN1751.JPG

DSCN1754.JPG

Offski, yes indeed! We love it too...and we are getting that very colour. We saw the manual gearbox version in the showroom in that colour and it was gorgeous. Just the right amount of quirkiness to stand out. It's probably a marmite colour in that you either love it or hate it!

First car i got to drive before i was a teen was my Mums Baby Blue Austin 1000 Automatic, and the first car i bought with my money from working in a petrol station was my Uncles Morris Minor in Pale Blue, then i passed my driving test in a Light Blue Mk2 Cortina Deluxe.

I supposed the last car i buy as a keeper should be Baby Blue-ish.

How do I say this tactfully.

Here goes.

The look of the car doesn't appeal to me personally but I see many on the road with their happy owners and as Marmite has already been mentioned as a comparison,I love Marmite but I don't like peanut butter with jam in it.

No,that doesn't make much sense does it.

I'll leave it at that.

Happy motoring!:biggrin:

• Haha 1

It's more "Jelly bean" than peanut butter...Did I say that tactfully?, certainly looks out of place on our forum, sort of lowers the tone.  Sorry!:x

Harry

3 hours ago, RickW said:

How do I say this tactfully.

Here goes.

The look of the car doesn't appeal to me personally but I see many on the road with their happy owners and as Marmite has already been mentioned as a comparison,I love Marmite but I don't like peanut butter with jam in it.

No,that doesn't make much sense does it.

I'll leave it at that.

Happy motoring!:biggrin:

Thanks Rick for the comments...yes I really mean that. The car is quite a head turner for lots of reasons and that's why I am buying it. It does look better in the flesh and the colour is actually Almond Green which in reality is a light turquois minty green. It has a midgrey interior. I like the slightly quirky colour as it stands out. Yes, it's marmite, love it or hate...lol. I took some photos at the dealers yesterday of a car identical to our but with the manual gearbox. My phone is not playing ball and sharing thoe photos with my computer at the moment so I can't upload them for you to see, but here is an almost identical photo from a website.  

image.png

1 hour ago, horkin said:

It's more "Jelly bean" than peanut butter...Did I say that tactfully?, certainly looks out of place on our forum, sort of lowers the tone.  Sorry!:x

Harry

Tactful is your middle name Harry...lol. Thanks mate! Sorry to lower the tone of the place...I'll try harder!

Yes indeed VC10. The dealer had gone to a lot of trouble to fit the system which is from Citroens own C4 from what I understand. Not a straighforward job at all and it cost a HUGE amount of money to do and was the reason the car was not purchased. Personally, I don't understand the customer mentallity. He was told of the cost from the begining. 

I'd be pretty annoyed if I was the dealer and the customer didn't buy it after I'd spent a fortune fitting it! I'd love to retrofit ACC to my Fabia, it's so frustrating that you can't just fit the stalks and code it with VCDS like you used to with older VAG products. Still, my wallet is glad that the Fabia has Front Assist, helping reduce my insurance. My next car will have ACC that's for certain. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RickW said:

I want ACC on my next car too.

I'm so happy with the ACC in my Fabia. It's absolutely the best new feature in today's cars. Quick example: I often drive from my home to my mom's in another city, about 200km distance. I set the ACC to 125km/h when turning on the freeway in my home city and switch it off 1h45min later when arriving at my mom's home town - without touching brakes or gas pedal at all during the drive. Just brilliant!

• Thanks 1

Drove the Micra and found that to be good but very noisy in the cabin which you can get a flavour of from the video with that awful droning sound. Take it from me, it's much worse when you are driving it.  It is very spine jarringly crashy through the bumps and potholes too. But a nice car. Price was huge and I mean huge and the boot is small! 

Didn't drive the Ignis as it's far too small for what we wanted. But I think it's probably a good car. Drove the Suzuki Swift which is great in nearly all aspects but far too small in the back and a very small boot.

Drove a few other cars in the same segment including the new Fiesta which I didn't like at all due to the incredibly harsh and hard ride comfort, small boot, and a few other things. Kept coming back to the C3, which isn't perfect by any means but it just ticked all our boxes for quietness in the cabin, a brilliant engine and auto box, refined drive while being fun to drive, smoothness and ride comfort over just about anything on or in the road, space/boot size, economy and brilllant standard specification. It's also for me a great looking car with a slightly higher ride height than the competition letting you see over other stuff up front and making getting in and out much easier. 

The tester in the video above makes me laugh, although he does tend to make a lot of silly throw away, not always justified comments. 

Edited by Estate Man

I am going to look for one of the last C4 Cactus in a dark colour & auto for much cheapness to replace a Jimny until i decide if i am getting a new Jimny next year.

The comfort of them is just what i need as my back is killing me & with a set of All Terrain tyres on it will be fine for winter and some rough tracks. It is 18 years i have had Jimny's as they suited my needs as daily and local drivers but i like them as is without any additional complications and prices are steady now on used ones and older ones.  I still have one i will keep on the road for a while yet.

Edited by Offski

I've never driven the Jimney but lots of our friends have had them and some still do own them. They swear by them. Indeed, one of friends lives in the Welsh hills and has a big holding, that's different to a small holding, it's bigger!  Apart from it being one of their daily drivers they take it off road through some quite serious stuff to get to where they park their plane. He uses it to pull the plane out of the hanger and then takes off (in the plane!) down the side of a really big steep hill!  Landing has always been an exciting thing, as he comes in really slow and lands uphill then goes to near full throttle to climb back to the top of the hill. The Jimney then comes into play again to tow the plane back into the hanger. They've never had any trouble with it either. 

YAY! Citroen dealer phoned yesterday to say our new car is going to be ready for collection on Friday next! That's just over 3 weeks from when we actually ordered it and put the deposit down. Can't wait! 

Yesterday I was cruising the dualcarriageway on my GTS and found myself following a new C3 Citroen. This particular dualcarriageway is incredibly rough in places and it was very interesting to compare the way the C3 was riding the bumps against all the other traffic. Most noticeable was the lack of any body movement on the C3 but the suspension was just soaking up the undulations. That's compared to most of the other traffic that appeared to be crashing through/hitting the bumps and their bodywork was jumping about all over the place. I know that to be the case from driving our Skoda Fabia regularly along that section of roadway and it's not nice. It's one of the reasons we want to change. 

I'll be sad to see the Fabia go even though I've fallen out of love with it's looks, but it's necessary for us to change. 

I won't be posting for a while now until I do a comparison between the Fabia and C3 review.

So take car all of you and enjoy the summer!  Bye fo now.

Crikey Ian you've got your C3 glasses on there mate, watching the C3 soaking up the bumps compared to most other traffic. :inlove:B).

Glad it's arriving, you must be excited, always nice to get a new car. Hope it lives up to your expectations, keep in touch.

Harry

5 hours ago, Estate Man said:

YAY! Citroen dealer phoned yesterday to say our new car is going to be ready for collection on Friday next! That's just over 3 weeks from when we actually ordered it and put the deposit down. Can't wait! 

Yesterday I was cruising the dualcarriageway on my GTS and found myself following a new C3 Citroen. This particular dualcarriageway is incredibly rough in places and it was very interesting to compare the way the C3 was riding the bumps against all the other traffic. Most noticeable was the lack of any body movement on the C3 but the suspension was just soaking up the undulations. That's compared to most of the other traffic that appeared to be crashing through/hitting the bumps and their bodywork was jumping about all over the place. I know that to be the case from driving our Skoda Fabia regularly along that section of roadway and it's not nice. It's one of the reasons we want to change. 

I'll be sad to see the Fabia go even though I've fallen out of love with it's looks, but it's necessary for us to change. 

I won't be posting for a while now until I do a comparison between the Fabia and C3 review.

So take car all of you and enjoy the summer!  Bye fo now.

I thought you would be to busy trying to keep your Vespa on an even keel to watch everything else!

Bill :)

Surprisingly Bill, the modern GTS Vespas are very stable at any speed, and over rough roads. They handle very much like a motorcycle these days. It's the trailing link suspension and something called ESS (enhanced sliding suspension) that does it. This keeps the suspension and wheel geometry in total alignment at all times. Couple that with a very stiff monocoque steel frame, the abs, traction control and very sticky radial tyres, and she's happy to glide along at a comfortable 75-80mph all day (subject to speed enforcement). The engines are modern fuel injected liquid cooled units with fully automatic transmission, and will usually go around 100,000 miles between overhauls. They are good. Are you a bike man?

My GTS300ie...

IMG_20171113_115052.thumb.jpg.e6ce622fee96a411f5d2c7b680302531.jpg

10 hours ago, horkin said:

Crikey Ian you've got your C3 glasses on there mate, watching the C3 soaking up the bumps compared to most other traffic. :inlove:B).

Glad it's arriving, you must be excited, always nice to get a new car. Hope it lives up to your expectations, keep in touch.

Harry

Will do Harry!

16 hours ago, Estate Man said:

Surprisingly Bill, the modern GTS Vespas are very stable at any speed, and over rough roads. They handle very much like a motorcycle these days. It's the trailing link suspension and something called ESS (enhanced sliding suspension) that does it. This keeps the suspension and wheel geometry in total alignment at all times. Couple that with a very stiff monocoque steel frame, the abs, traction control and very sticky radial tyres, and she's happy to glide along at a comfortable 75-80mph all day (subject to speed enforcement). The engines are modern fuel injected liquid cooled units with fully automatic transmission, and will usually go around 100,000 miles between overhauls. They are good. Are you a bike man?

My GTS300ie...

IMG_20171113_115052.thumb.jpg.e6ce622fee96a411f5d2c7b680302531.jpg

Yes,

First bike was an SS80 (BSA - not a Brough Superior sadly). Had various Honda's and BMW's. Quite fancy a BMW R nineT but speccing it up is expensive. Still have a fondness for two wheels but sadly due to a fatality in our in-laws family (20 year old with a new bigger bike on his first extended trip - collided with a van - sadly his fault - not that that makes much difference - a death is still a death no matter what the cause) my daughter would deem it extremely unwise. Strange thing is the lad's mother and two Uncle's have bikes.

I did find a halfway house solution a few years ago - an MX5 - open air motoring - a bike with 4 wheels! Also enjoyed my wife's Audi TT - but it was a tin-top. Perfect in these higher temperatures - you don't see many rag tops on the continent - too hot!

Bill :)