I'm impressed!

I've had my Citigo (14 reg) for 2 days and I've driven ~ 80 miles in total so far. 

I learned in a diesel car so I was expecting to stall 24/7 at junctions with this diddy 1.0 L engine, but no!! I can sometimes even move off without any gas/hardly any at all. Dead easy to park too and visibility is excellent. 

Fantastic little car

I’m guessing you’ve just passed and got your first car??? If so then your just like me I learned to drive in a Corsa and the Citigo is a much better car. I was also surprised by how easy it is to get going in it haven’t stalled once in the week I’ve owned it.

1 hour ago, BigManLou said:

I’m guessing you’ve just passed and got your first car??? If so then your just like me I learned to drive in a Corsa and the Citigo is a much better car. I was also surprised by how easy it is to get going in it haven’t stalled once in the week I’ve owned it.

I passed a year ago and I got my first car yesterday :) I also learned in a Corsa.

13 minutes ago, Jonny118118 said:

Yes the Citigo is a great car to learn to drive in and then use once passed. I passed in November and been driving this Citigo since and it’s been great!

enjoy it!

Yeah! Very learner-friendly :) 

Edited by Guest

25 minutes ago, Gyp said:

I passed my test 37 years ago. It's still a brilliant car!

:o and you have a Superb!! 

I love the look of the estate version of it :D

3 minutes ago, Vitas said:

i learned in a Fiesta. Passed in march last year, got my sport in april, not regretted it.

Funnily enough my first attempt at parking it was behind a Citigo Sport!!

On 17/07/2018 at 20:56, Gyp said:

I passed my test 37 years ago. It's still a brilliant car!

Beat that - 38 years ago! And I second that, it's a super little car, in fact I drive it more often than the VRS.

Great choice for your first car, you won't forget this one in a hurry...

I took it on the motorway for a bit two days in a row! Bloody hell I thought I'll struggle to merge and get up to speed with this engine - apparently not! 

Can even overtake without downshifting from 5th XD

Edited by Guest

On 17/07/2018 at 21:21, Blue_Cow said:

:o and you have a Superb!! 

I love the look of the estate version of it :D

I've been thinking over the last couple of says; the great thing about the Citigo is that it is "involving". When you drive it you feel that you're part of the whole driving process.

The Superb is quieter, more refined, more spacious, better equipped etc  but despite being sat in the seat with the steering wheel, I feel more like a passenger in the car. Less engaged. As if I'm solely there as an observer to meet the legal requirement for a "responsible person" should something go wrong.

I think of the Citigo in a similar way to our MX-5. It's a car to be driven. Where the driver is a key component. A necessary participant in the journey. A Citigo is not simply a way to get from A to B.

• Like 1

I may be wrong but the engine management system on my '13 Citigo makes it almost impossible to stall.  Try taking your foor off the gas, on a quiet long stretch of road. You just keep going. Be careful when reversing as I find the "crawl" speed too fast.

Have you also discovered the Hill Hold control?

1 hour ago, Gyp said:

I've been thinking over the last couple of says; the great thing about the Citigo is that it is "involving". When you drive it you feel that you're part of the whole driving process.

The Superb is quieter, more refined, more spacious, better equipped etc  but despite being sat in the seat with the steering wheel, I feel more like a passenger in the car. Less engaged. As if I'm solely there as an observer to meet the legal requirement for a "responsible person" should something go wrong.

I think of the Citigo in a similar way to our MX-5. It's a car to be driven. Where the driver is a key component. A necessary participant in the journey. A Citigo is not simply a way to get from A to B.

It sounds like you have the same 3 cars as I have...Superb (Estate?)...Citigo..MX5. Great combination !!! ...a car for every occasion. Well nearly!

1 minute ago, superskoda2 said:

It sounds like you have the same 3 cars as I have...Superb (Estate?)...Citigo..MX5. Great combination !!! ...a car for every occasion. Well nearly!

Indeed :-)

The only problem is that the only thing I've got with a tow hitch is my motorbike...

6 hours ago, DILLIGAFF said:

I may be wrong but the engine management system on my '13 Citigo makes it almost impossible to stall.  Try taking your foor off the gas, on a quiet long stretch of road. You just keep going. Be careful when reversing as I find the "crawl" speed too fast.

Have you also discovered the Hill Hold control?

Is Hill Hold on the SE? I don't recall seeing a button for it (if there is one) 

From the Citigo manual:

When driving on slopes, HHC allows you to move your foot from the brake pedal to the accelerator pedal without having to use the handbrake.
The system holds the brake pressure produced by the activation of the brake pedal for approx. 2 seconds after the brake pedal is released.
The brake pressure drops gradually the more you operate the accelerator pedal. If the vehicle does not start off within 2 seconds, it starts to roll back.
The HHC is active as of a 5 % slope, if the driver door is closed. HHC is always only active on slopes when in forward or reverse start off.

Edited by Eltezz

• Administrators

It is a good car. You'll learn how to drive with momentum, reading the road, holding on, rather than a big slug of right foot on the loud pedal. Work colleagues are amazed I took it on a trackday... I know more about what it can do now :D  To be honest, the only other car I've felt as engaged with ( when pressing on ) was an mx5... that is not saying it's as good as, rather, to make brisk progress one has to think far more. I borrowed a vRS245 for a week; just in case I wanted it, and I was quite bored by the end of it.

I passed 20+ years ago and have had the citigo for the last 4. I came out of a 200+ superb. I do miss the bigger car comforts, but did most of the North Coast 500 in May in it and kept a good average ;) Didn't really have to worry about the police, to busy looking at the porsches and other exotica ;) So I could carry on and have my fun :)

Mine has Hill hold, I don't tend to notice it as I use the handbrake. Live in Sheffield, a city of seven hills. Basically everywhere is a slope. :D I am getting on my 13 a lot of drum brake sticky-ness and a little bit of a slip unless I yank it on. That is the only fault/issue I have on a 5yr old car :D

Passed my test in 2015, got my Citigo as my first car in 2016, have had it for 2 years and 3 months, and 21 thousand miles in all weathers. Have been all over North Wales, up in Liverpool, over at Southend on Sea in Essex, even gone to South Wales for a day visiting a friend in Neath (my family live south of Oxford, so a reasonable distance to all these places!), and not once have I ever had a single issue with it! Except for the one time it blew the washer system fuse back in March when I woke up at my partner's house, on top of a Derbyshire hill to about 4 inches of snow and a temperature of -6 degrees Celsius. Proceeded to drive about 80 miles from said small village to my sister's house on the Wirral, using the A6, M60, and M56, with no functioning washer system, on a day where spray was mostly salt which built up on your windscreen like nobody's business. Had to keep pulling over and pouring water over my windscreen just so I could see where I was going! Fantastic little car, and mine is the SE L so I've got the lovely heated seats, they do wonders for your back on long winter journeys. Have even driven across the Cat 'n' Fiddle a couple of times in snow and it's always bravely motored wherever I took it!

I've been pondering what would make a suitable replacement for it, and so far there aren't many cars which can offer the value for money that this car has given me. It'll be seeing me through university, and summer of 2019 I'll be looking to replace, and would like something bigger but unfortunately nothing seems to be a worthy contender as a replacement for a Citigo! I do quite fancy an Up! GTI though... A Citigo, essentially, but with almost twice the power? That sounds like a right laugh!

Edited by TheInsanity1234
Adding a bit more to my post
  • Like 1