Extreme replacement wheel cost?

Does anyone know the cost of a single vRS 19" extreme wheel? Think I have buggered one of mine last night coming out of multistory car park last night. Its taken the edge right off the diamond cut section , Not sure its repairable.  Gutted!! 

Edited by moonwrasse

Have seen replacement wheels for £200 delivered from Simpson's on eBay,  however if you want to replace a wheel every time you clip one it's going to be a major expense as these alloys are curb magnets , get on first name terms with your local wheel refurbisher .

Mine charges £60 and I have had both my fronts done , second time was a right mess as I clipped a roundabout at speed (don't ask)

Good luck 

11 minutes ago, Almighty_Dirk said:

How do they cope with wheel spin?  just had a stage 1 and my pilotsport 4s just cannot cope 

Anything close to 300 bhp and fwd will have wheel spin, no matter what tyres you have on. I currently run Michelin pilot sports 4s on a 245 section tires and first and second gear still light them up, so forget about solving that with hardware.

So you just need to moderate the accelerator, and not use it as a on/off button. Anything over 5000 in second and later is quite ok actually.

1 hour ago, Almighty_Dirk said:

Mine charges £60 and I have had both my fronts done , second time was a right mess as I clipped a roundabout at speed (don't ask)

Where abouts in Yorkshire is your refurb guy?  Did he fix up your Exteme wheels with the diamond cut damaged for that price?... :)

27 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

@Magget

Can you tell me please " How do you find the Dunlops ? "

Thanks

AG 

Dunlop's are great for the money, but not on par with pilot sports 4s. Dunlop's got better turn in feel as they got stiffer side walls, but dry grip after ps4s hook in, is loads better with pilot sports.

I think pilots are faster but Dunlop's feel better on turn in, which makes Dunlops more engaging to drive, but they definitely let go faster than pilots.

I'd take Dunlop's again if I'd want to save some cash on tyres, and I had them on a few cars already 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, buaan said:

Where abouts in Yorkshire is your refurb guy?  Did he fix up your Exteme wheels with the diamond cut damaged for that price?... :)

http://raw-wheels.co.uk

Friendly chaps but once you have ground down the diamond cut its smooth and polish and fade in paint, will post there work on mine once I get a sec

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Magget said:

Anything close to 300 bhp and fwd will have wheel spin, no matter what tyres you have on. I currently run Michelin pilot sports 4s on a 245 section tires and first and second gear still light them up, so forget about solving that with hardware.

So you just need to moderate the accelerator, and not use it as a on/off button. Anything over 5000 in second and later is quite ok actually.

Good call, I guess I need to relearn how it behaves 

7 hours ago, buaan said:

http://raw-wheels.co.uk

Friendly chaps but once you have ground down the diamond cut its smooth and polish and fade in paint, will post there work on mine once I get a sec

IMG_20180730_090141.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Almighty_Dirk said:

Have seen replacement wheels for £200 delivered from Simpson's on eBay,  however if you want to replace a wheel every time you clip one it's going to be a major expense as these alloys are curb magnets , get on first name terms with your local wheel refurbisher .

Good luck 

Must be one of those new moving roundabouts!:dry:

theres a limit to how much you can take off the diamond cut before it goes flat, you should be good for one repair.

I have sources good reps for £120 a wheel and there is little or no difference in the weight or look, i got one for a spare and the finish is actually better than the OEM which had a lot of dust specs in the laquer.

5 minutes ago, JohnnyType2 said:

theres a limit to how much you can take off the diamond cut before it goes flat, you should be good for one repair.

I have sources good reps for £120 a wheel and there is little or no difference in the weight or look, i got one for a spare and the finish is actually better than the OEM which had a lot of dust specs in the laquer.

Link please 

15 hours ago, Almighty_Dirk said:

Work was done on the 3 and 5 o'clock part

Cheers, good to know damage can be sorted on these.  Mine only has a tiny bit of damage to the diamond cut in one area that I might be able to wetndry then touch up with lacquer