Grinding noise

No.  😞

I have started doubting  that noise is coming from Electronic steering rack. I have heard that there was a technical issue with it until 3rd quarter of 2019.

Very soon I'll start with recording of sounds inside chassis components with multichannel  electronic stethoscope ;) 

This is something what Skoda should of done long before, maybe did, but I couldn't find this info.  My workshop wanted to do it (that was instruction of Skoda importer of my country), but instead of that they have tried to put some rubber-metal weight on left drive shaft (instruction of Skoda factory) but without success - noise was still there. They left me waiting for Skoda's final word - solution (probably ma death comes much earlier :D )

So I have decided to do it by my self, introduce some science, to track and record the source of noise and stop with guesswork.

• 1 month later...
The final-last update.
Problem is solved. NO NOISE ANY MORE!
Very long story in short:
I have made sound recordings in parts of the chassis with electronic stethoscope. 🙂
The proper Test report documentation (with recordings) was sent to Skoda. My conclusion was that sound comes from DSG mount. After that, 3 weeks silence. No call, no email response...nothing from Skoda. Last Monday I got a call from my garage with appointment for Wednesday. Thy have exchanged the DSG mount. New installed part is from VW Tuaran.
Old part (Skoda): 5QA 199 555 AK
New part (VW): 5QA 199 555 C

• 3 weeks later...

Well after 3 years and 6 months justice has finally been served on Volkswagen! A legally binding decision by the Financial Ombudsman has upheld my wife's dispute with VWFS.

This was not where my wife wanted to be having ordered her Tiguan in good faith in October 2016 before taking delivery on 3 March 2017. The attitude of the dealer, VW and VWFS combined was to ignore my wife's genuine concerns, baffle her with claims of 'normal characteristic' and to frustrate her with delay after delay after delay, whilst the Motor Ombudsman, our legal representatives and the Financial Ombudsman attempted to obtain relevant information.

On 16 September 2020 the Financial Ombudsman in her 7 page report confirmed that "Mrs W’s car was not of satisfactory quality"! The FO also stated "My overall impression is that these noises do not appear to be in line with what a reasonable person might expect from a car of this price and description" - "I think Mrs W should now be allowed her final right to reject the car"
The full 7 page report will be available on the Financial Ombudsmans Website in due course.

Relief is an understatement, we are elated! After 3 years and 6 months we can now finally move on with our lives. It gives us tremendous pleasure knowing that the 'little man' on the street won a dispute against a large car corporation who knew they were wrong in the first instance but they continued to heap financial stress, mental distress and great inconvenience upon us for daring to take them on! This decsion also proves that our concerns with the noise issue that is affecting many Tiguans is not acceptable.

I sincerely hope all other Tiguan and other VAG brand owners who have encountered a similar issues or experience with Volkswagen or any other car manufacturer draw the strength to take these car corporations on and get the justice you deserve!

I think its fair comment to say that we will never be purchasing another VAG car in the future after this regretable experience!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hello 

I own skoda kodiaq 2018 2.0 tdi 

And I have noise when turning left. 

Today I fix problem by  my self.

Simple engine alignment. Somebody post the picture how should be done correctly .

And also I find on German forum how to do that.

That was not  a road noise or break noise or bearing noise. 

Its happen all the time when turning left on gear without gear up hill and down hill.

Was verry enjoying. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good!

But take care, those bolts must be replaced after dismounting or releasing the tension.

Could you make picture of actual state of the screws-mount?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 03/10/2020 at 11:52, ppejic said:
The final-last update.
Problem is solved. NO NOISE ANY MORE!
Very long story in short:
I have made sound recordings in parts of the chassis with electronic stethoscope. 🙂
The proper Test report documentation (with recordings) was sent to Skoda. My conclusion was that sound comes from DSG mount. After that, 3 weeks silence. No call, no email response...nothing from Skoda. Last Monday I got a call from my garage with appointment for Wednesday. Thy have exchanged the DSG mount. New installed part is from VW Tuaran.
Old part (Skoda): 5QA 199 555 AK
New part (VW): 5QA 199 555 C

can you give us an updated on this issue? Thanks!

• 2 months later...