Updated Speed Camera SD card files (July 2018) for Amundsen Sat Nav Unit

1 hour ago, Doogle69 said:

Well said Dasycneme. I use the previous version daily and am very grateful for the efforts put in by Welsh Boyo 

I don't use it daily, but do use it whenever I go out in the car, and am also very grateful to Welsh Boyo. I found it very useful on a recent trip from Norfolk to Dorset, much of it on unfamiliar roads.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know where I can get a variable speedcam database like this but with co ordinates. I downloaded this one for the Amundsen but the co ordinated are stored in Morton and my RNS510 needs Lat/Long.

Any help appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly I'd like to thank WelshBoyo for going to the trouble of producing this database - Its very much appreciated.

Secondly I'd like to share my updating experience as it hasn't been straightforward and has taken a lot of perseverance on my behalf, which hopefully will help some others out there who may be struggling.

My car is a 2019 Skoda Octavia.

I won't give the whole trial and error process I've gone through but here are the steps that have worked for me;

1. Extract the zip onto a suitably sized SD card, check the unzipped files consist of just the "metainfo2.txt" file and a folder entitled "PersonalPOI".

2. Follow Welshboyos update procedure down as far as "Update my POI's" step.

3. At that point insert the SD card into (in my case with an MIB2 style unit) into SD slot 2 (the first slot contains the Skoda Nav SD card).

4. Now select the "Update POI's", at this point the card will be read and should go through the update process.

5. Carry on following Welshboyos guide in order to show the POI's etc...

One further addendum to the process - I've just remembered the first attempt of doing this resulted in the splash screen showing "searching for updates" and a spinning circle which went on forever. At this point I selected the "cancel" option and re-selected the Update my POIs step, and this time it worked. What I guess I'm saying is persevere as I did and you will get there.

• 5 months later...
On 03/12/2019 at 16:00, robmsharp said:

Firstly I'd like to thank WelshBoyo for going to the trouble of producing this database - Its very much appreciated.

Secondly I'd like to share my updating experience as it hasn't been straightforward and has taken a lot of perseverance on my behalf, which hopefully will help some others out there who may be struggling.

My car is a 2019 Skoda Octavia.

I won't give the whole trial and error process I've gone through but here are the steps that have worked for me;

1. Extract the zip onto a suitably sized SD card, check the unzipped files consist of just the "metainfo2.txt" file and a folder entitled "PersonalPOI".

2. Follow Welshboyos update procedure down as far as "Update my POI's" step.

3. At that point insert the SD card into (in my case with an MIB2 style unit) into SD slot 2 (the first slot contains the Skoda Nav SD card).

4. Now select the "Update POI's", at this point the card will be read and should go through the update process.

5. Carry on following Welshboyos guide in order to show the POI's etc...

I have just come across your post. I'm at a loss how to set out the sd card. Do I give the sd card a name when I format it fat32. Do I then make a folder "PersonalPOI". Then unzip the camera files to that folder. I get my speed camera files from PockerGPSworld. What if I have other poi's. Say, shops or zoos, do they all go into the same folder, "PersonalPOI"..Sorry if I seem a bit confused. Thank you for your reply in advance. 

Edd156, I posted this some time ago so I hope my answer is correct, but from memory you want to format it as a FAT32 card and giving it a name is not important, what matters is you can extract the zip file to the card. Hope this helps.

Hi Rob, I download speed cameras from PocketGPSworld.co.uk, Their files are CSV, GPX, ACS, OV2.  I might be wrong but Amundsen Navigator uses db3 files. I'm at a loss, as I pay for Pocketgpsworld's files. Thanks anyway.

• 8 months later...
On 03/08/2018 at 19:57, Welsh Boyo said:

I have compiled an up-to-date Speed Camera file (July 2018) for the Amundsen Sat Nav using the excellent POInspector software configured for a “Discover (Pro & Media) Navi” SD card. You can download the Camera POI file (attached). The password is my username in lower case with no space between the two words. It's working welll on my Octavia lll MY2018 and may well be OK for other vehicles.

Unzip and copy the zip contents to an SD card (any card will do provided it has a capacity more than 2Gb) To activate, place the SD card into your Sat Nav unit then go to "Settings", "Manage my memory", "Update my POI's" which will upload the data to your unit.

Next, ensure that in "Settings", "Map", "Show POI's" is enabled and also in "Select Categories" scroll down to the camera POI's (FIXED,AVERAGE,REDLIGHT,VARIABLE,SECTION END and MOBILE) and ticked each one. Also, in "Nav announcements"  enable "Note my POI's".

The unit will make an audible  sound when you are near a camera and the display will show which type it is. The Amundsen system is not intelligent enough to know which direction you are travelling in though so you will get warnings for any cameras in your vicinity and that is the best it can do. That should be enough to avoid unexpected fines though!

If you would like me to provide regular updates  (if I can) then please like this post and reply accordingly.

Enjoy :)

Amundsen Cameras July 2018.zip 871.57 kB · 495 downloads

HI DO YOU HAVE THE MOST UP TO DATE ONES PLEASE REGARDS DON I HAVE A MK3 2018 SURPERB

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/08/2018 at 19:57, Welsh Boyo said:

I have compiled an up-to-date Speed Camera file (July 2018) for the Amundsen Sat Nav using the excellent POInspector software configured for a “Discover (Pro & Media) Navi” SD card. You can download the Camera POI file (attached). The password is my username in lower case with no space between the two words. It's working welll on my Octavia lll MY2018 and may well be OK for other vehicles.

Unzip and copy the zip contents to an SD card (any card will do provided it has a capacity more than 2Gb) To activate, place the SD card into your Sat Nav unit then go to "Settings", "Manage my memory", "Update my POI's" which will upload the data to your unit.

Next, ensure that in "Settings", "Map", "Show POI's" is enabled and also in "Select Categories" scroll down to the camera POI's (FIXED,AVERAGE,REDLIGHT,VARIABLE,SECTION END and MOBILE) and ticked each one. Also, in "Nav announcements"  enable "Note my POI's".

The unit will make an audible  sound when you are near a camera and the display will show which type it is. The Amundsen system is not intelligent enough to know which direction you are travelling in though so you will get warnings for any cameras in your vicinity and that is the best it can do. That should be enough to avoid unexpected fines though!

If you would like me to provide regular updates  (if I can) then please like this post and reply accordingly.

Enjoy :)

Amundsen Cameras July 2018.zip 871.57 kB · 512 downloads

well done do you have a more updated one 2020 please

• 5 months later...

Thank you very much to Welsh Boyo for this great addition to our Amundsen 2 unit in our 2017 Skoda Yeti Drive.

Brilliant, and really clear instructions especially as we use 7-Zip as our go to unzipper anyway.

The instructions are just PERFECT.