Updated Speed Camera SD card files (July 2018) for Amundsen Sat Nav Unit

Right, I managed to install this and it seems to work OK, even if the notification noise is a weird boop sound.  The only problem I had was with the txt file.  I couldn't get it to unzip using either the built in zip function in Windows 10, or the default archive manager in Ubuntu.  Windows just went !!!!! and Ubuntu asked for the password then gave up.  I used 7zip in the end and that worked fine.  You do need to put the folder and txt file in the root folder of the SD card, the HU can't find it if it is in another folder.

7 hours ago, ChrisWallRS said:

I'm going to give this a try!

How do I update my maps? Mine should be ok (65 plate) but the dealer gave me a CD case with the nav SD card inside (assuming it's in the car as it's not in the case!)

To update the maps, go to the following website and put in the VIN for your car, then download the mahoosive 12gb zip file and follow the directions.  If yours is a 65 plate then you will run out the 3 years of free updates shortly, so do it now.

http://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, trundlenut said:

Right, I managed to install this and it seems to work OK, even if the notification noise is a weird boop sound.  The only problem I had was with the txt file.  I couldn't get it to unzip using either the built in zip function in Windows 10, or the default archive manager in Ubuntu.  Windows just went !!!!! and Ubuntu asked for the password then gave up.  I used 7zip in the end and that worked fine.  You do need to put the folder and txt file in the root folder of the SD card, the HU can't find it if it is in another folder.

I don't think the text file is too important. Glad the cameras are working for you though :)

13 minutes ago, DavidY said:

I'm not sure the limit to 3 years of free updates is still in place?

I just downloaded the update for my 2013 car from that site.

12 minutes ago, ZaphodB said:

AFAIK, the 3 updates limit has been removed.

Zaph

That's a bonus.

Sorry to ask a silly question - but can you copy the file onto the SD card with the maps currently on, provided my Skoda? Or does it have to be a separate card? I don't want to muck up and end up with deleting all the navigation data!

My car is a 16 plate and I will need to update the maps as mentioned above - thanks for the instructions.

Thanks

I've downloaded it onto the same memory card which has music and radio station logos on. I can see the file there when on my computer. When I follow the instructions above, to update POI, it doesnt recognise a file being present. Any ideas?

Thanks

Edited by Robkernow

How do you identify the unit in your car? Iv got a 16 plate, the infotainment booklet says it covers the Amundsen and Bolero but I can't see where it tells you which is in  my car.

take it easy on me Iv only had the car a few weeks :biggrin:

16 minutes ago, Robkernow said:

I've downloaded it onto the same memory card which has music and radio station logos on. I can see the file there when on my computer. When I follow the instructions above, to update POI, it doesnt recognise a file being present. Any ideas?

Thanks

Fixed - it works great. Thank you!

9 minutes ago, Greenie58 said:

How do you identify the unit in your car? Iv got a 16 plate, the infotainment booklet says it covers the Amundsen and Bolero but I can't see where it tells you which is in  my car.

One important thing to look out for is the MIB (modular Infotainment system) version. The unit will be MIB1 if there is a CD player in the glovebox and the the SD card capacity is around  8Gb (I can't remember the exact capacity). The more recent MIB2 units don't have a CD player and the SD card capacity is much greater (32Gb?). Map update file names starting STD1 are for MIB1 and those starting STD2 are for the MIB2 units.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Welsh Boyo said:

One important thing to look out for is the MIB (modular Infotainment system) version. The unit will be MIB1 if there is a CD player in the glovebox and the the SD card capacity is around  8Gb (I can't remember the exact capacity). The more recent MIB2 units don't have a CD player and the SD card capacity is much greater (32Gb?). Map update file names starting STD1 are for MIB1 and those starting STD2 are for the MIB2 units.

Thanks no CD player just 2 SD card slots so it’s the MIB2 in mine. 

16 hours ago, Greenie58 said:

Simple answer, if you have sat nav then it's Amundsen, no sat nav would be Bolero.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kahunajb said:

Hi are these UK only speed cameras only or do they cover Europe also? Thanks

UK Only (Briskoda is a British Skoda Group). 

You could build your own version though using the POInspector software.  The unregistered trial version imports a small number of POI's for evaluation purposes and registration is about 9 Euro for life.  You will then need up-to-date camera files from a reliable source to build your own database by importing these as POI's and export that to an SD card using the “Discover (Pro & Media) Navi”  output option. I hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/08/2018 at 19:57, Welsh Boyo said:

I have compiled an up-to-date Speed Camera file (July 2018) for the Amundsen Sat Nav using the excellent POInspector software configured for a “Discover (Pro & Media) Navi” SD card. You can download the Camera POI file (attached). The password is my username in lower case with no space between the two words. It's working welll on my Octavia lll MY2018 and may well be OK for other vehicles.

Unzip and copy the zip contents to an SD card (any card will do provided it has a capacity more than 2Gb) To activate, place the SD card into your Sat Nav unit then go to "Settings", "Manage my memory", "Update my POI's" which will upload the data to your unit.

Next, ensure that in "Settings", "Map", "Show POI's" is enabled and also in "Select Categories" scroll down to the camera POI's (FIXED,AVERAGE,REDLIGHT,VARIABLE,SECTION END and MOBILE) and ticked each one. Also, in "Nav announcements"  enable "Note my POI's".

The unit will make an audible  sound when you are near a camera and the display will show which type it is. The Amundsen system is not intelligent enough to know which direction you are travelling in though so you will get warnings for any cameras in your vicinity and that is the best it can do. That should be enough to avoid unexpected fines though!

If you would like me to provide regular updates  (if I can) then please like this post and reply accordingly.

Enjoy :)

Amundsen Cameras July 2018.zip

I get errors unpacking your archive on my windows 10 PC. I get no errors downloading it and have tried it 3 times. Damn annoying windows unspecified error. Any idea