Citigo Electric

Ronn

Yep, that my next car Suzuki SZ-5 Boosterjet Hybrid, on order as we speak!

Drives really well, very high spec & of course TURBO + ELECTRIC MOTOR ASSIST to improve performance & economy even more.

The Suzuki way of 'thinking out of the Box' on a Electric Hybrid.

Problem with Toyota Yaris Hybrid (it's getting rather long in the tooth now) is, it's been set up for City Driving & it's long distance & Motorway performance is very uninspiring. :sick:

Lugging all that extra weight around all the time, that's why it's got a mildly tuned 1.5 engine & no Turbo :crying:.

So until EV in small cars becomes an all-round proposition, it's the Suzuki for me.

Sorry Skoffski, I directed my question to you by mistake.

It should have been directed to Emile be sure he says Suzuki don't market the Swift SZ-5 Boosterjet Hybrid where he lives.

I'll try again!

Emile!

Where do you live?

Then again. I read our local car magazine. They wrote that Swift is good for city driving but not so good for longer journeys. Steering does not suit for highway. And that would be very important for me. And so is road noise. I can't stand it. 

They say it doesn't go straight on its own. And that's big no no for me. 

(Our up! TSI does not go straight neither. That's how they develope these cars. Our -15 Citigo has better steering control.)

For S read S

For V read Z

For 5 read 5

:giggle:

I want to live in a EU FREE country!

And, I blame the EU for making me feel this way.

For S read S

For V read Z

For 5 read 5

:giggle:

I want to live in a EU FREE country!

And, I blame the EU for making me feel this way.

That's the trouble with the motoring press in Timbuktu, they ain't very knowledgeable.

Regarding the road noise that you don't like, why don't you petition the Mali government to put some tarmac on the dirt roads?

They drive a lot of Suzuki Swifts in India & they cure road noise with tarmac there.

By the way Mr Emile.

The Suzuki Swift SZ-5 Hybrid (or SV-5 if you prefer to call it that), has a 'Labe Changer' warning device.

This is so you don't drift into the lane next to you on the Motorway, due to you falling asleep at the wheel because of the comfort of the Swift ride sending you into a slumber. :sleepy:

A life saving feature for anybody who tends to suddenly fall asleep at the wheel.

Mind you, it probably is of no use to you because road noise keeps you awake anyway!

Emile! Emile! are you still there or have you dropped off to sleep?

Taking now about the VW 'cartel', (due you get my pun Emile, CARtel) :biggrin:

It seems to me that VW call all the tunes & that Skoda & Seat have to do as their told!

Skoda & Seat cannot develop a better version of an existing VW car because VW wouldn't allow it to happen.

Also, it seems that Skoda & Seat cannot put refinement on their cars that VW already may have on VW cars without the permission of VW.

The relationship that Skoda & Seat have with VW is similar to how the EU treats its member countries including the UK.

The EU acts like some fat matriach sitting in her rocking chair with her children (the member countries) at her feet.

She hands out the Sweeties & Chocolates but, if any member state (the children) wishes some free expression, Mommy EU sends them to the 'Naughty Corner' and instructs the other children NOT to talk to them and to be spiteful towards them and to treat them badly.

Edited by Ronn

Wow! I guess you really know quite a lot about cars. But also you know how to check where I'm from. :D

But tell us more about: "Labe changer warning device". 

I guess you are one of those who wote yes for brexit. You seem to be so smart. :D

• Like 1

Are VW Group still to build e-UP! so e-Citigo & e-Mii if they do those or the cars replacing them in the next decade in Slovakia?

Hopefully not long now until there are leaks of pics of the new cars roadtesting.

Then more 'exclusives' on what they actually will be, when due to be revealed, then launched.

If a e-Citigo with 2 people and a bike rack with 2 bikes can do 160 miles safely with a few miles more to find a charger working i would have one.

I would like that a Towbar type bike rack could be fitted and a light board.

Sadly with some EV's like a e-Niro a towbar / bike rack bar can not be fitted in the EU. Or if you do it raises issues.

A hanging bike rack is not so handy.

Edited by Skoffski

e-up (sounds like a car from Yorkshire), is going to have the new longer range battery put in it, the same as the new EV Citigo & Seat Mii EV are going to have.

There is no mention of dropping the e-up.

Also, don't think the new EV Citigo will look any diffent to the existing one.

Don't think they're bringing out a new car, just a new version of the same car.

Edited by Ronn

Why would they drop the e-Up! when their mission is supposed to be about going Electric and these 'I.D. Vehicles they have spoken about for long enough and never manage to get into production and out on sale.

Part of the problem with their plants in Slovakia, Czech Republic, Hungary etc is they thought Low Wages and plenty Skilled Labour was going to be there for ever but there is a Labour Shortage and Governments and Unions and just employees are not that stupid as to have VW Group and other manufacturers taking the pith for ever.

Then there is the Elephant in the room, Batteries, and Electric Motors, and just how limited production and availability is in 2019, and still will be in 2020 and maybe into the future.

Screenshot 2019-04-07 at 08.12.54.png

Screenshot 2019-04-07 at 08.13.32.png

Edited by Skoffski

There is certainly a lot of fuss & commotion around the 'new' Citigo EV.

After all, it's just a Citigo with an electric motor in it that requires frequent charging.

No big deal in 2019.

VW have had their e-up in the market place for quite some time, - that also requires frequent recharching, - it's sold that well in the UK that I've NEVER seen one!

Any that exist are probably with their owners at home, being recharged!!!!

• Haha 1

'I have told you a million times, do not exaggerate!.

'Where is the lots of fuss and commotion?, i just see discussion on some forums.

Nobody can comment on your eye sight but you.

There are e-Up! around, often sitting on a forecourt or around the back waiting for a buyer.

They never sold many, they did First Register to VW Group and flog to VW as new.

e-Up! spotting takes more effort than Stobbart Spotting.

200 on the DVLA Data Base in the UK, not many will be visiting from overseas.

Screenshot 2019-04-07 at 08.46.13.png

Screenshot 2019-04-07 at 08.55.17.png

Edited by Skoffski

If any car manufacturer brought out a Petrol Powered car that only did 168 miles (Skoda's figure not mine) before you had to drive it to a Petrol Station to be filled up again, they'd be a 'Laughing Stock'.

Yet getting 168 miles out of a full charge on a EV car is greeted by enthusiasts as 'WONDERFUL'.

Encouraging - YES

Wonderful - NO!

Worlds gone Mad!!!

Plenty about will not do 186 miles in a month popping down to the shops.

My Suzuki Jimny Automatic did 800 miles a year between MOT;s for about 5 years, and never got more than 200 miles from a tank fill.

Gone now, as i did 4,000 miles on one electric bike in 20 months, and 300 miles on another instead of using the Jimny & pushbikes..

Edited by Skoffski

53 minutes ago, Ronn said:

If any car manufacturer brought out a Petrol Powered car that only did 168 miles (Skoda's figure not mine) before you had to drive it to a Petrol Station to be filled up again, they'd be a 'Laughing Stock'.

Yet getting 168 miles out of a full charge on a EV car is greeted by enthusiasts as 'WONDERFUL'.

Encouraging - YES

Wonderful - NO!

Worlds gone Mad!!!

if a car manufacturer brought out a petrol car that only did 168 miles but you could top it up for free or that they would refill for you every night while you slept for a couple of quid I suspect quite a few people would get over their "but I have to be able to drive 500 miles without stopping" *******s and actually give it a go because they realise they actually only regularly  do about 40 miles a day or a few miles to the shops and back. 

1 hour ago, Ronn said:

Encouraging - YES

Wonderful - NO!

Worlds gone Mad!!!

You made your point. Why you repeat yourself? 

What if some of us want to think environmental point of view? Is it wrong? 

Emile, if you're serious about making an environmental statement, sell you car & give the proceeds to an African charity. 

Then buy a bicycle or, better still, move to a South Sea Island & live off Coconuts!!!

The 'pretend' Ecco Warriors who won't give up their car for the sake of saving the Planet don't convince me!

You cannot satisfy your Western Consumer Conscience by buying an Electric Car.

domhnall,

It's a sprate to catch a makerell.

You'd fall for the 3 Card Trick :biggrin:

Remember that when buying a low emissions car you would get cheap or zero road tax?

Not any more!!

Same will happen to EV cars.

The Government will suck all you vulnerable EV lovers in to buying Electric then Whollop you'll be clobbered with high Road Tax & Expensive Electricity!!!

The Government have got to get there cash from somewhere & as soon as petrol sales start dropping that's when Electric car owners will be stung!

In the meantime you EV lovers, spend your £20,000 or £25,000 on new cars instead of £12,000 cost of Petrol equivalent and wait to get STUNG!!

I can buy a lot of Petrol & Road Tax for £12,000 :biggrin:

£12,000 being the difference between buying a new Petrol car against buying a new Electric car.

@Ronn  those supposed low emissions cars were and are not that low emissions or low fuel consumers in lots of cases,

There will be many UP!MiiCitigo owners that will be interested, not that really there are all that many Citigo owners as it was and is not a volume seller.

Many others are waiting foe City Cars / Small car EV's that are affordable. As i  affordable to them and suitable for their use or needs.

Some people will just pay the Monthlies, look at not buying fuel other than Electricity, and having reduced servicing costs if any.

Just as well there are people that buy or lease new or there would be no Used Cars for those that want to buy those.

If you lease a car for 3 years at £3,300 say you can maybe spend another £1,200 on fuel or more.

Or lease at £4,000 a year and not spend on fuel, parking, congestion charges.

It is all about what suits some and might not suit others.

As for your predictions on EV VED, maybe Road Charging, 

then having to have a MOT maybe, if that is 4 or 5 years off from now then hardly relevant to those looking to get an EV this years or next.

Edited by Skoffski

Errrr, Skoffski,

Don't hold your breath on cheaper serving costs for EV Cars.

Manufacturers have already put the poison down regarding this.

Manufactures have said - Service Costs for EV cars will be about THE SAME as Petrol cars.

So, that's hit that on the Head.