Si's clio 172 budget track car

SNH

Interiors cage ready. 

Rest of the dash stripped out ready to go to flocking with the top half, not sure I'll have to trim any of it to fit round the cage so I might hold off flocking for the minute. 

More wiring gone so now all that's left are the essentials to run what's left in it. 

20190201_140324.jpg

20190201_121453.jpg

20190201_121517.jpg

Edited by SNH
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Rear quarter windows removed........with force :D

PMS rear axle strengthening kit order. 

Collecting the super t's in the morning and dropping the dash and bits off for flocking.

Not done anything for days, not even opened the garage :D

20190216_164713.jpg

• Like 1

Dash and all the little bits are flocked and ready to collect. Only dropped it off sunday :)

Stronglflex rear axle bushes arrived :)

Today i set about the rear beam to mock up the PMS kit. 

Decided to fit it all and removed the spring platform which means my suspension choice is now gaz golds 

20190221_161711.jpg

20190221_161949.jpg

20190221_163435.jpg

Edited by SNH

On 28/09/2018 at 18:04, SNH said:

This weight loss is getting out of control, i should have my tools removed :D

On the hunt for a 182 breaking so i can cut the floor and and get rid of my wheel well, also think i need to change the stealth tailpie now. 

20180928_160118.jpg

20180928_160109.jpg

20180928_160101.jpg

That exhaust reminds me of most of the diesels I have owned pointing down to the ground as to not offend the noise police LOL.:D

19 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

That exhaust reminds me of most of the diesels I have owned pointing down to the ground as to not offend the noise police LOL.:D

It was a lot quieter with that one on than it is with the straight one :D

It runs! 

Now its all stripped out and on stands I've gone over the exhaust manifold and system and i must say whoever or whichever powerflow dealer built the centre section needs to be ashamed. 

I've got to weld up the joiner as swapping manifolds means the system is different but the original welds on the rest of the system are shocking. Holes galore and look like pigeon poop, i could have done better and i can't weld for toffee :D

20190303_105726.jpg

Exhaust is welded up and on, no blowing.....its loud :D

Axle has gone off to be welded, battery box being built this week hopefully and space measured up for the alloy header, power steering and catch can combo. 

Dash is in and wired up but ive got my eye on a carued tyre pressure and temp monitor to fit where the standard clock display is. 

Fuse box relocated and mounted.

Quick release bumper thingies fitted.

20190304_162643.jpg

20190309_141538.jpg

20190309_120442.jpg

20190309_141631.jpg

20190309_141553.jpg

Edited by SNH

Cup wishbones collected (added castor over standard) 

PMS wishbone strengthening kit ordered 

Bigger induction piping and xl ramair filter ordered to finish that side of things off. 

Silicone pipework for the catch can ordered 

Spigots for the oz's arrived.

Need to collect the axle from the welders and hopefully he's finished the battery tray and tanks and I'll get him to weld the wishbone plates while I'm there. 

Order poly bushes for the wishbones and get those and the rear beam ones pressed in and get that lot built back up.