Si's clio 172 budget track car

SNH

• 2 weeks later...

Picked it up yesterday and what a hoot it is to drive, I'd forgotten what a car on coilovers felt like :D

Exhaust is nice not to loud or droney but the noise is there when the pedals pressed. 

Headlights need a good scrub as they've gone all weird, wheels could do with tidying up but I'm not sure i want to keep them yet. 

Came with no stereo so fitted a spare i had, forgot to check the lives before fitting and it loses memory :D

So need to pull that back out today as its annoying.

Rear wiper delete should be here today as thats noisey but was being binned anyway. 

Noticed last night it had a bulb out and the sidelights were odd so I'll look into that today to. 

Also noticed looking through the masses of reciepts and paperwork that its had a ktec panel filter so ill have a check of that to.

20180914_141339.jpg

Edited by SNH
  • Like 2

Productive day today. 

Rear wiper removed and kill all wipers delete fitted.

Headlight ballast sorted (light out issue cured).

Stereo rewired. 

Front fogs removed.

Discovered it does have a k&n panel filter :)

20180915_093519.jpg

20180915_105757.jpg

20180915_182634.jpg

20180915_113507.jpg

Edited by SNH
  • Like 2

I'd seen threads on the seating position being a bit high and how to lower by removing some plastic spacers. 

Seats are bolted underneath the car to make life hard :Dso had to scramble round for a trolley as mines given up the ghost. 

All done, carpet trimmed so it still slides and its about 15mm lower now making it much nicer to drive position wise. 

Also removed the CD changer (didn't even know it had one). 

20180916_132933.jpg

20180916_140135.jpg

Edited by SNH
  • Like 1

Had the fuel rail guard of to paint it so its not so in your face, horrible looking thing but apparently its there to protect the plastic fuel rail in the event of a front end prang and stop you being killed by fire :D

I do fancy a billet rail so i can lose the unsightly gaurd altogether :)

Some left over Kawasaki green paint fell onto the calipers the same as it has on the last few cars ;)

I've also noticed a suspension noise which sounds suspiciously like a snapped spring. Its the metal twang noise when steering which i remember well from back in my mk1 octy vrs days. 

Weitecs are a few years old so i need to get them off for a closer look to see whether its worth just swapping springs or whether it'll be a new setup altogether :(

20180915_105757.jpg

20180919_145548.jpg

20180919_191857.jpg

Edited by SNH
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, TrevorB33 said:

Looking good Si, What wax did you use?

Cheers pal, its a lot of fun :D

Just some cheap ceramic from in2detailing. Seems pretty good, easy to use and smells decent lol. 

https://www.in2detailing.co.uk/in2detailing-ceramic-crystal-wax-200g.html

They also do a cherry one now

https://www.in2detailing.co.uk/in2detailing-black-edition-ceramic-crystal-wax-200g.html

Edited by SNH
  • Like 1

This weight loss is getting out of control, i should have my tools removed :D

On the hunt for a 182 breaking so i can cut the floor and and get rid of my wheel well, also think i need to change the stealth tailpie now. 

20180928_160118.jpg

20180928_160109.jpg

20180928_160101.jpg

Edited by SNH

4 hours ago, TrevorB33 said:

Wheel well out and a diffuser setup would look great 

Wheel well is deffo coming out as soon as i find a local 182 breaking to cut the floor out of. Matches up to my floor so it doesn't look like a plate just welded in. 

• Like 1