What does the sound system ..... sound like !

Hudson1

I am considering buying a new (MY 2019) 1.0tsi 110 Fabia Estate DSG in the SEL spec and wanted to know what the standard head- unit and speakers really sound like...... i am disappointed that Skoda have not added the option to spec the car with the Canton (like the Octavia). I have owned cars with upgraded sound systems in the past and i like them, but alas the Fabia appears to low down in the range to qualify. 

So what does it actually sound like compared to the likes of the Canton ?

I'm pretty happy with the standard setup in my 2016 Fabia SE, which has the Bolero. The infotainment system itself is superb, and the sound quality is pretty decent. However, I'm no audiophile!

Thanks for all the posts, i like the car enough to accept what it comes with but historically i tend to find that the amplification of the standard head-units in all cars is very low and the quality of the paper cone speakers is also not very good, but let's see.

Sit in the showroom with the sound full on,preferably playing Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple.

It would possibly help you make up your mind.

7 hours ago, RickW said:

Sit in the showroom with the sound full on,preferably playing Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple.

Can I listen as well, and add Mandrake Root, please.

I also agree that the Bolero sound system is much better than I expected.

With the Bolero system you can add two extras if the music is NOT coming from the radio.

So from your phone, memory stick or SD card you can add:-

ŠKODA Surround - Switching the surround sound and  Virtual Subwoofer- Switching the virtual sub woofer

One of those ' with the right weather, driving conditions and music'  :biggrin:  :rock:

Thanks AG Falco

• Like 1

On 03/09/2018 at 18:50, Hudson1 said:

... i tend to find that the amplification of the standard head-units in all cars is very low and the quality of the paper cone speakers is also not very good, but let's see.

I would say that's a pretty fair assessment. And nothing that performing an after market upgrade wouldn't fix. :biggrin:

As per my previous post I would classify the standard system as "reasonable", for a cheap (ish) car.

As a hifi 'enthusiast' I find the swing radio in my fabia perfectly adequate. You don't need as 'good' a system as you think you do due to road/wind noise entering the cabin sonically destroying all it's wake.

If you want it to sound amazing when not moving or require stupid-o-bass look elsewhere.

I have the basic standard unit with 4 loudspeakers, and I find it better than the standard in Fabia II.

However when listening to Pink Floyds 'One of these days' I need to turn the bass off to prevent damage to the mid-range loudspeakers.

The standard system does not have bass loudspeakers.

Edited by torslunde

• 11 months later...
On 03/09/2018 at 22:03, AGFalco said:

Can I listen as well, and add Mandrake Root, please.

I also agree that the Bolero sound system is much better than I expected.

With the Bolero system you can add two extras if the music is NOT coming from the radio.

So from your phone, memory stick or SD card you can add:-

ŠKODA Surround - Switching the surround sound and  Virtual Subwoofer- Switching the virtual sub woofer

One of those ' with the right weather, driving conditions and music'  :biggrin:  :rock:

Thanks AG Falco

Hi,

How can I add this two extras?

13 minutes ago, Zippair said:

13 minutes ago, Zippair said:

This post is in the Skoda Fabia III section.

If you have a Bolero Infotainment system:-

Push the Sound button.

Then in this submenu you will find:-

Skoda Surround

Virtual Subwoofer

Thanks AG Falco

Edited by AGFalco
Added Fabia III part.

What Infotainment system do you have in your Skoda Octavia 3?

3 hours ago, Zippair said:

No, You either have a Bolero Infotainment system or you don't.

Thanks AG Falco

16 minutes ago, AGFalco said:

What Infotainment system do you have in your Skoda Octavia 3?

No, You either have a Bolero Infotainment system or you don't.

Thanks AG Falco

Fortunatelly I have a Bolero

Is it definitely a Bolero thing, or is it a Bolero thing in the UK? I could see it being an option elsewhere, just like SmartLink is on all Fabia Boleros in the UK but not in other markets.

i have the swing plus in a new Fabia SE. Its pretty good - good enough not to need upgrading. Plenty of options to tweak it. 6 speakers, balance, treble, bass, virtual subwoofer and surround, and plenty of volume. Only has option for mp3 files on sd card (amundsun head has mp3 and flac). Put a 128 gb card in it and have my entire cd collection on it :-)