It's time to say goodbye

+1 what @Jaco2k said. My mate has just got shut of his, but it was stage 1 and rapid! I'm sure it was about 440ps or something. They aren't exactly slow stock either!

S4 are nice, upgrade from a VRS in a number of ways. Enjoy!

Car is actually a couple of years older than the vRS but it has done 8k miles less and I only do about 8k miles a year now.  The weak point of the S4 of this age is that there can be gearboxes issues.  This one has a receipt from Audi in 2014 for £6k for a new mechtronic unit so I'm confident that this will not be an issue going forwards!

Looking at about 400bhp with a stage 1 remap, and 460bhp with a pulley filter and stage 2 remap, vRS had a DTUK box on it and I'm not sure how long the S4 will remain standard for!

Edited by mk4gtiturbo

27 minutes ago, mk4gtiturbo said:

Looking at about 400bhp with a stage 1 remap, and 460bhp with a pulley filter and stage 2 remap, vRS had a DTUK box on it and I'm not sure how long the S4 will remain standard for!

Keep an eye out for the unmarked Hampshire Police cars on the M27 and A3(M)!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SWBoy said:

Keep an eye out for the unmarked Hampshire Police cars on the M27 and A3(M)!

Just cos it goes fast doesn't mean you have to drive it fast!!  :tongueout: ;)

5 hours ago, mk4gtiturbo said:

Just cos it goes fast doesn't mean you have to drive it fast!!  :tongueout: ;)

I only went fast *once* in my B7 RS4, and just my luck there was an unmarked Mazda 3 MPS out on the M27 near junction 8, but he was very nice we had a "chat" and he let me go with a warning - when I said my GPS showed I was doing **mph he seemed happy that whilst I was speeding I was aware what was around me.

Very nice - I almost bought an S5 before the vRS - it was only that Portsmouth Audi wouldn't do a deal on it - I only wanted to drop 2K off the price that they had it up for and they wouldn't deal on it, sales guy was a bit rude actually. I watched it on AutoTrader and it didn't sell until they dropped 2K off the advertised price - funny that.

In the end test drove the vRS and it was only 5 month old (ex demonstrator), had all the options I wanted, was a great deal and works better with the Grandkids.

But that V6 Turbo is still on my list for next time when the Grandkids are a bit older. :biggrin:

34 minutes ago, Gti Jazz Blue said:

Sorry I though the the newer S5 was a Turbo as it wears a V6T Badge.

OK so that V6 with Forced Induction is still on my list :D

Enjoy your new Motor - I'm sure you will :biggrin:

They are very misleading V6T and I'll probably lose mine as I don't like them.

My brother has a new RS5, that is 2.9 V6 with twin turbos, we did launch control and it's very Tesla-esque - literally takes your breath away!!

• Like 1

On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 15:38, mk4gtiturbo said:

So after four and a half years of vRS ownership I have part exchanged it for an S4 Avant.  There have been a couple of little issues with the vRS recently, probably because of the reduced mileage I am now doing so what better excuse do I need to get something a little bit stupid, but then absolutely practical.  Don't get me wrong I still love the vRS but I feel like with it being a diesel I'm killing it slowly.  The S4 is car I have been hankering after for a few months now and this one is a well speced - Super Sport Seats, B&O audio, 19's, Pan Roof, Electric Tail and then there is the 3.0 V6 supercharged engine and 4 wheel drive!!  Anyway I'll still be at the Meon meets and I'll pop on here from time to time.

Here's a few pics.

s4 1.jpg

s4 7.jpg

s4 26.jpg

s4 29.jpg

s4 31.jpg

Nice spec love the seats.:biggrin:

I'm very tempted to lose the V6T badges, and just leave nothing to try to make it a bit more stealth however I think you'll be able to tell from the noise it makes that it's not a 2.0TDI S-line!!

45 minutes ago, mk4gtiturbo said:

I'm very tempted to lose the V6T badges, and just leave nothing to try to make it a bit more stealth however I think you'll be able to tell from the noise it makes that it's not a 2.0TDI S-line!!

YOU could always copy the owner of the 520bhp Superb and put a 2.0Tdi badge on the boot instead!:D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

YOU could always copy the owner of the 520bhp Superb and put a 2.0Tdi badge on the boot instead!:D

I never understand why anyone does this. Those "in the know"  will know it's no 2.0 TDI, and those that don't probably won't even care what it is or how fast it goes.

1 hour ago, ahenners said:

I never understand why anyone does this. Those "in the know"  will know it's no 2.0 TDI, and those that don't probably won't even care what it is or how fast it goes.

I bought a Opel Kadett  1.3 S in Berlin, which had been a large Opel dealership show car with flash alloys, dark tints and a stick on go faster kit with a 2.0 badge on the hatch boot, despite its 75hp engine. Before you laugh, it was 1983 and was pretty decent for the time. It had lots of people determined to try out traffic light grand prix, until I removed it and put the correct badge on. 

4 minutes ago, Redboy said:

I bought a Opel Kadett  1.3 S in Berlin, which had been a large Opel dealership show car with flash alloys, dark tints and a stick on go faster kit with a 2.0 badge on the hatch boot, despite its 75hp engine. Before you laugh, it was 1983 and was pretty decent for the time. It had lots of people determined to try out traffic light grand prix, until I removed it and put the correct badge on. 

My mum had a British registered 1983 Opel Kadett on an A reg and just passed my test (1st time of course) so it was quite exciting being able to take my mates to Grammar School in it while I took my 'A' levels. Dad later bought her a used 3.0litre Opel Monza now that was a stylish car!:party:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

My mum had a British registered 1983 Opel Kadett on an A reg and just passed my test (1st time of course) so it was quite exciting being able to take my mates to Grammar School in it while I took my 'A' levels. Dad later bought her a used 3.0litre Opel Monza now that was a stylish car!:party:

Nice car. In the 80s I still remember seeing a 3.0 Monza left for dead by a 7 Series and a S Class on the autobahn , I was sat at around 100 Mph and they swept by around 120- 130 up an incline and they gapped the Monza. Enough reminiscing.