Karoqs LED Lights

Livrishind

Has anyone changed the rear indicator and reversing lights to LED without the Fault indicator coming on? If so what make have you used? I am looking at Cree lights, but the only type I can get in amber for the rear indicators is 25w, will these be too bright?

Try Ali Express. Excellent service, even though it takes a few weeks for delivery. I bought  the following: Vanssi 2 x 921 T15 W16W (a pair of Amber & a pair of White). Fantastic upgrade which should have been done at the production stage, given that everything else is LED. Total inc shipping was $15.79 at the time (May 2018). There is a thread somewhere of here about the purchase/fitting etc with before & after photo's.

Hope this helps..

Do these LEDs have EU homologation? I doubt. If not, they are illegal and using them can cause potential issues (with police or insurance company in case of accident). That is also probably a reason why they are not used by Skoda at manufacture. Btw. what bulbs does Karoq have in the license plate light? Do they use white bulbs LED or standards bulbs?  

But have to admit they look very good. 

Edited by Swordfish76CZ

9 hours ago, Swordfish76CZ said:

Do these LEDs have EU homologation? I doubt. If not, they are illegal and using them can cause potential issues (with police or insurance company in case of accident). That is also probably a reason why they are not used by Skoda at manufacture. Btw. what bulbs does Karoq have in the license plate light? Do they use white bulbs LED or standards bulbs?  

But have to admit they look very good. 

White LED number plate 

1 hour ago, skoda1982 said:

Karoq SEL has high functionality LED rear Lights as the SE has low functionality  What ever that means

I would love to know what that means.  Taken literally, it means the high functionality ones work well and the low functionality works less well which makes the description meaningless.  Are the 'high functionality' lights LED from the factory?

I think Skoda have screwed up?

There seem to be a couple of posts claiming that the Edition has all-LED rear lights.

All of the Edition models I've seen online have LED tail and brake lights, but the indicator and reverse lights are regular bulbs.

The same seems to apply to all models infact, SE, SE Technology, SE L and Edition all have the same rear lights.

There seems to be no discernible difference between 'low' and 'high' functionality (unlike other Skoda models) i.e. all models have the extra LED strip in the tailgate clusters, despite what Skoda claim in their brochure, online configurator and pricing and specifications list.

On the Kodiaq the 'low functionality' utilises regular bulbs for the rear indicators, along with a single (albeit LED) reverse light. 'High functionality' gets LED rear indicators and LED reverse lights on both sides.

These are the only Karoq rear lights I've seen (note: LED tail lights, LED brake lights, LED rear single-sided fog light, but incandescent reverse and indicator bulbs)...

skoda-karoq-rear-lights.jpg.2e63d994ea6bd9c2cab93a5e811067e7.jpg

Edited by silver1011
  • Like 2

On a s3 superb the difference between low and high functionality include led number plate lights and the rear led tail lights extend into the tailgate.  Low function is only the outer section. I would assume its the same for the karoq

It isn't.

As mentioned earlier, all Karoq models get the LED strip on the tailgate, irrespective of specification.

If the only difference between 'low' and 'high' functionality are the number plate lights then that would be a bit lame!

5 hours ago, Adrian55555 said:

On a s3 superb the difference between low and high functionality include led number plate lights and the rear led tail lights extend into the tailgate.  Low function is only the outer section. I would assume its the same for the karoq

My SE extends into the tailgate

On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 21:57, silver1011 said:

Nope, the brake lights are only on the outer clusters.

I'm guessing another Skoda UK ****-up! 

Which now seems to have been resolved.  Latest specification and price list shows high functionality rear lights for all models.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hello.

I'm new here I ordered my new karoq the 30th of September.

It is a company car so I wasn't able to choose all the options I wanted starting with the led for the front lights.

I bought some Philips whitevision h7 for the front lights. (To stay in the legality) but I was wondering if it was possible to change the indicators (turn signals) for led bulbs for the front?

I already ordered from AliExpress for the reverse and indicators on the back.

I have the standard led DRL but is there a position light also( w5w)?

Thanks.

See this thread for a discussion over the legality of adding unapproved LED bulbs to the exterior of a car: 

As they are not road-legal (acknowledged by reputable traders such as powerbulbs) you fit them at your own risk.

Edited by CJJE
  • Like 1