VRS 0-60 times

shyVRS245,

Did you see where Skoda / VW sandbagged a Mk2 Fabia vRS and fitted as standard in 2010 a Spare wheel while making those an Option in the Sister cars from VW, SEAT & Audi.

Weights added but not as with Audi TT that needed them because the suspension was a bit sh!te.

Euro 5 less paint, light glass, leaving off wheel arch inners and no spare wheel and Skoda are adding ballast.   That is almost like criminal.  Engineers Engineer Dr Martin Winterkorn should be held responsible, but then he resigned because he had to admit he was a bit of a cheat.

imageproxy.jpeg

Took alittle bit of setting up but the app is good fun,ive been meaning to try and better these times especially the reaction times. 6.53 from a standard car is not too shabby.

Im going to experiment with different modes ie traction control on/off sport mode etc

Screenshot_2018-07-01-20-33-50.png

Screenshot_2018-07-01-20-33-56.png

2 hours ago, teescom09 said:

Yes I explained it? Nearer 97% to front.  The crown gear system used on larger Quattro Audi's and some VW's is very different with a permanent 40:60 when no slip is present then increases front or back to suit traction. There have been many quattro systems

Sorry - my bad! I was reading it on the go and didn't take the time to read properly :)

furn, can that be set for 0-62 mph so that a comparison with the figures usually used which is 0-100 kph?

Why reaction times, were you starting with starting lights or something?

Usually times like Official figures are go when you go, so no reaction time, you are stationary and then go when you want, 

so not like a Traffic Light Grand Prix or Drag start.

It is nice to know the times without launch control or any such which is all a bit odd if sitting just at the traffic lights and trying to blow off a Pizza Delivery Scooter.

Edited by Offski

There are some that do that kind of thing, and some that have 300+ BHP and leave others in their wake with faster cars, but then the other drivers might not know they were in a race, just heading home.

0-40 to 0 again can be a pretty relevant time and one that fat cars are not that good at no mater how much power they have,

and tail ending someone better at it is Simply not Clever.

Edited by Offski
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Offski said:

furn, can that be set for 0-62 mph so that a comparison with the figures usually used which is 0-100 kph?

Why reaction times, were you starting with starting lights or something?

Usually times like Official figures are go when you go, so no reaction time, you are stationary and then go when you want, 

so not like a Traffic Light Grand Prix or Drag start.

It is nice to know the times without launch control or any such which is all a bit odd if sitting just at the traffic lights and trying to blow off a Pizza Delivery Scooter.

i think its only 0-60mph unfortunately.

As for the reaction times the app does a countdown then a green light and you set off, its quite fun the worst time was my first attempt when i didnt know what to expect.

I think that many people seem to have forgotten that the Fabia 2.0 petrol is always the fasts Skoda in any race 

'Keepin' the faith alive' 

I tried launch control in my car recently (none Skoda) and reckon that the 0-20ish time was about 5 seconds :D 

Edited by Lady Elanore