Creaky door handles anyone?

SizzlingPotato

I've checked my brother's Seat Ateca for that issue. Door handles of Ateca are very robust and stiff.

IMO dealer can nothing to do about this problem. Most of the Karoqs have the same :(  But I will give it a try and visit the dealer soon

I have a karoq on order for January delivery, the demonstrator I drove had creaky door handles but no squeaks or rattles once on the move. My wife's 2 year old "bullet proof" volvo also has creaky handles. There are very few cars out there I think that don't have some type of build issue. Even my daughter's 2014 e class Mercedes has a a dash rattle that proved impossible to get rid of. Not putting me off getting my new wheels anyway. 

I'm surprised how it can be made stiff too when it's constructed by joining trims of plastic on a handle that you have to pull the whole weight of the door.

Couldn't count earlier. Score is actually 5-1. Creakers are winning and 33q is the man of envy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SizzlingPotato said:

I'm surprised how it can be made stiff too when it's constructed by joining trims of plastic on a handle that you have to pull the whole weight of the door.

Couldn't count earlier. Score is actually 5-1. Creakers are winning and 33q is the man of envy.

The car is tucked up in the garage....I'm going to have to check again

Right you lot!

i have been out to the garage and pulled and tugged and twisted on the door pull handle 

I agree there is a bit of movement and there is a slight noise of plastic moving against one another but I would not call it creaking

Tomorow I will try some gummi pledge on the joint and see what effect it has. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 33q said:

Right you lot!

i have been out to the garage and pulled and tugged and twisted on the door pull handle 

I agree there is a bit of movement and there is a slight noise of plastic moving against one another but I would not call it creaking

Tomorow I will try some gummi pledge on the joint and see what effect it has. 

Ok mine is better than this guy's Kodiaq on YouTube here. But even if i gently pull the door to close, there will be a bit of a squeek or creak. Exactly the plastic trim flexing or joints rubbing each other. I guess I'm being picky because I've never had it on any old car before and this my first brand new car from the VAG group, not Vauxhall or Dacia.

What does Gummi Pledge do? Is it a lubricant?

I used to have an old BMW - Gummi Pflege was usually the advised/go to product for lubricating rubber as well as protecting old (and new) rubber for hot/cold extremes and UV.

I've used it on cars as well as house window seals that get exposed to a lot of UV/wind cold at the front of my Atlantic facing house. 

It can be had in a tube with an applicator like you get with "Pritt Stick" glue . Easy to use and cost about a fiver.

3 hours ago, TheRobinK said:

I used to have an old BMW - Gummi Pflege was usually the advised/go to product for lubricating rubber as well as protecting old (and new) rubber for hot/cold extremes and UV.

I've used it on cars as well as house window seals that get exposed to a lot of UV/wind cold at the front of my Atlantic facing house. 

It can be had in a tube with an applicator like you get with "Pritt Stick" glue . Easy to use and cost about a fiver.

I got some silicone lubricant in a can from Halfords long time ago. Similar stuff?

Seems 100% sorted I carefully ran the spray using the straw along all the joints including around the window switches and the top of the handle

left it for a few minutes and then wiped everywhere 

• Thanks 1