ESP on Fabia 3

26DIPP

My daughter bought a Fabia 3 from 2009. I read that ESP was an optional extra on the Fabia 2 , but Fabia 3 / Elegance models have ESP / ESC as a standard factory fit option. She does not have a switch in the dash, which was also mentioned when reading the internet.

Is the ESP automatically on in the Fabia?

Edited by 26DIPP

Skoda were still having ESP as an option on some Mk2 Fabia up until 2011/12 when they had no choice but to fit it as a Standard Factory Fit because the EU eventually brought in the legislation.

Others might know about the particular car you are asking about.

ESP does not require a switch on the car for On / OFF as it should not be Off.   

ASR / TC is a different thing from ESP even if part of the same system.

I had a 2012 Fabia 2 with no ESP. It was mandatory for new models starting that specific year, but the ongoing models were allowed to be sold.

Fabia from 2009 is considered a Mark 2 Fabia. From 2011 onward it was Mark 2 Facelift and from 2015 it was the Mark 3 Fabia.

All Mark 3 Fabia have ESP. If you have a Fabia with a central touch screen, you can disable the ESP from the menu. In some developing countries, including mine, there was a cheaper,  non-touchscreen option available that still had ESP and you would disable that from a button left from the steering wheel (left hand drive car).

In Fabia MK2, you disable the ESP by pressing the ESP button and holding it for a second. The button is located near the defrost option for the rear windshield. 

^^^ There were Mk2 Fabia called the Fabia 3. (level 3)

The Face Lift Mk2 was in 2010.

Mk3 Fabia were from 2014  (The All New Third Generation Fabia from October 2014.)

but in the UK Customers really started getting them early 2015 but there are 2014 ones about.

There are Mk2 Fabia First Registered in 2015 yet they were built in 2014 when production stopped.

eg

Edited by Offski

?

Is that only putting off the front ASR and not the ESC / ESP at the rear?

Anti Slip Regulation / Traction Control off,  to get moving out of snow etc. If snow chains are fitted or for other reasons.

'ESC'  Electronic Stability Control / 'ESP' Electronic Stability Programme.

Edited by Offski

Offski is right, but I think we are splitting hais at this point. My own car in made in November of 2010 and it's a Facelift. I was talking about the rear defroster button. If your car does not have ESP, that button is missing. Like they say, a picture speaks like a 1000 words. This is from my car:

3.PNG

Edited by mbc

6 hours ago, Offski said:

?

Is that only putting off the front ASR and not the ESC / ESP at the rear?

Yes, mate. I was talking about the button itself has the ESP lettering. The MkII pre-fl went very cheapo after the MkI, so they must have had a heap of those buttons left over. Same thing with the rounded heater knobs, I hated them so much that I got the fl's oblong shape ones, it was a straight fit.

All in all, you are right about what is button for!

Edited by paddyjoe

Point being it does not have ESP disabled only the front part, ie nipping brakes which was ASR / TC. 

Things got and get lost in translation, with Owner Manuals, and Buttons and even symbols.

Someones car has ESP / ESC and a button they think puts it off, but the Traction Control / Anti Slip Regulation is being switched off of a FWD while the ESP / ESC can still be enabled at the back end.

DSCN4573.JPG

DSCN4575.JPG

DSCN4581.JPG

Edited by Offski

Take a picture of the sticker in the boot and I’ll let you know. 

My fabia has both ASR and esp. you can turn off asr via the button but not esp as that stays on. Only way to take it off is pull the fuse but the same fuse also does abs and I kinda like that. 

I contacted Skoda customer service via email. They asked for the VIN and got back saying the car  - Fabia 3 (MK2) 2009 - does have ESP. Yet there is no button to disable any part of it next to the radio.

Despite this we do not have the equivalent PR code for ESP on the sticker in the boot.

I cannot remember where I read that ESP was standard on the Fabia 3 and elegance.

Also ESP works by applying the brakes on any wheel and also usually reduced power, not just front or back as mentioned here.

Problem is the main Skoda deler in my city told me my EGR was working perfectly, but it was not. If you would like, I can double check your VIN and send you a list of your car specs. Please PM me your VIN in order to do this and I will get back with a list in the morning.

Mk2 fabia could and did have ESP / ESC without a button.  Some cars standard and with some an option you had to pay for.  And some cars had tear drums and some had discs.  If you look at old threads if they still exist you will see people asking back then or ad face lift models were introduced.

19 hours ago, 26DIPP said:

I contacted Skoda customer service via email. They asked for the VIN and got back saying the car  - Fabia 3 (MK2) 2009 - does have ESP. Yet there is no button to disable any part of it next to the radio.

Despite this we do not have the equivalent PR code for ESP on the sticker in the boot.

I cannot remember where I read that ESP was standard on the Fabia 3 and elegance.

Also ESP works by applying the brakes on any wheel and also usually reduced power, not just front or back as mentioned here.

If it has esp it won’t have a button anyway as you can’t turn it off.