DSG not engaging

Channel

I wonder whether this has happened to anyone else with a Karoq 4x4 SEL DSG.  Twice in the last 2 months drive has stopped.  First having parked in a shop parking area and then moved off to the main road to turn left a minor wait before turning onto the main road, and then no acceleration at all in any gear position and no rev increase even when in neutral.  Second time, arriving at home stopped, engine stopped on the stop start system, lever into park.  Opened the gate moved off stopped to avoid the dog from then on no drive in any position.  Both these problems were sorted by shutting down and restarting. Any thought would be appreciated.  It has not been a great problem locally but it be more than exciting on the M6.

I have been invited to attend Mitchell Skoda Technical department on Thursday.  I wonder what they will say if it cannot be replicated.  I have tried 4 times to get it to do it again but no success.

No need to replicate it.  Tell them how it is a risk to life and limb.  The master tech can check for fault codes and then take their life in their hand and drive it.   They can send you on your way.   If it ever happens again. Call Skoda assist,  have them recover the car and get a courtesy car and then they can get serious,  get someone that can fix faulty cars.

The same problem on mine:

And here:

On my side I noticed the ESP blinking, without reason, of course. Did you notice the same?

Since then, it hasn't happened. 

At the service they didn't find any error logged and could't tell what was the problem.

I hope that it will not kill my wallet after the warranty passes.

Edited by Gabi4

Just received this from a vehicle engineer.  Did not notice anything flashing.

Strange. The accelerator pedal on a modern car is actually nothing more than an electrical potentiometer switch that sends a signal to the throttle body. Something is interfering with this.  It's not the phenomenon of the engine stop/start stopping the engine then the driver forgetting to shut the car off. Seems to be the opposite of that. I think it's a faulty accelerator pedal switch.

On 01/11/2018 at 13:25, Channel said:

I wonder whether this has happened to anyone else with a Karoq 4x4 SEL DSG.  Twice in the last 2 months drive has stopped.  First having parked in a shop parking area and then moved off to the main road to turn left a minor wait before turning onto the main road, and then no acceleration at all in any gear position and no rev increase even when in neutral.  Second time, arriving at home stopped, engine stopped on the stop start system, lever into park.  Opened the gate moved off stopped to avoid the dog from then on no drive in any position.  Both these problems were sorted by shutting down and restarting. Any thought would be appreciated.  It has not been a great problem locally but it be more than exciting on the M6.

Regarding the posible interferencies, at that moment, as soon as I started the engine, I've made a phone call through AndroidAuto, the phone being in the PhoneBox, and then I started to drive by making an U turn.

Anything similar in your cases?

I've tried the same scenario, in the same place, but it didn't reproduce.

Just to remember, the ESP was blinking. Did you notice the same?

Edited by Gabi4
  • Like 1

Just been on an Ateca forum and a guy on there has experienced the same problem on numerous occasions.

He isn't getting anywhere with SEAT as it's not showing in the diagnostics.

It will be interesting to see whether mine will show up on diagnostics when I take it in on Thursday.  If not what then? perhaps they will let me change for a newer one!!!

Karoq 2.0 SEL 4x4 heated seats and windscreen/steering wheel Adaptive cruise control

Has anyone experiencing this issue considered installing a dual lens dash cam? A picture paints a thousand words. 

Especially as it would seem this issue is not being logged by the system/ECU. 

22 hours ago, VAGCF said:

Just been on an Ateca forum and a guy on there has experienced the same problem on numerous occasions.

He isn't getting anywhere with SEAT as it's not showing in the diagnostics.

Can you paste a link to that topic on Seat Ateca?

Is the problem only on 2.0 DSG 4x4?

Thank you for posting the link!

Ateca 2.0 TDI, 4x4, DSG. Since one year, the problem reproduced 14 times. Below, a copy paste from that topic:

Here we are at 20th October and since the original error was posted I have now recorded a total of fourteen instances when the car would not drive. again the engine starts but the car will not drive. the dealer and headquarters at Milton Keynes have no positive comments to offer.

Edited by Gabi4

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new to this forum and Skoda's but so glad I found your post.

I have a Karoq SE L DSG 1.5.

The exact same thing has happened to me on 7 occasions now over the last 2 months (1500 miles).

It has only happened when the car is cold, the outside temp is cold, and most electrics are on (heated seat/windows/blower etc).

No warning lights, and no fault codes.

It has happened twice when initially trying to pull away from the overnight parking space, reverse and drive none responsive but it's the most dangerous at a junction. If you have a little momentum from approaching the give way line you end up in the middle of the roundabout/crossroads with no power to accelerate. I have to hit the hazards turn off the car and back on again and it works fine. The local garage couldn't replicate the fault so wont do anything, I've asked to have a copy of the report they've sent to Skoda but haven't received anything yet, I'm waiting for them to call me back now after happening again this morning. I've told them that it's not safe and I'm not prepared to put my son in the car.

The service receptionist told me that it took her ages to get used to the lag from a DSG box too!!:dull:

Offski - that's a good idea calling Skoda assist.

Skoda Assist for Recovery to a Dealership for diagnosis and repair.

Skoda UK to tell them a potential death trap and remind them of Corporate Responsibility and yto have them remind Rod McLeod and Paul Willis 

bosses of Skoda UK & VW UK that they know of the issues, appear to be taking no action but actions might be against them in a Court or maybe they could be in a Coroners Court at some point.

http://skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us

MauMauM.jpg.a730f8af9f11981f15b1387419a3b965.jpg.1c5f154eb3a9e5b957c098c67aac4000.jpg

7 hours ago, jimlemans said:

The service receptionist told me that it took her ages to get used to the lag from a DSG box too!!:dull:

Well there you have it an official technical reply from a Skoda representative but just remember ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if her lips moved she was lying.

• Haha 1

Hi All...have just posted something regarding this on the Ateca forum as we're experiencing the very same issue. Downright dangerous.

https://www.atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2782

Channel, did you get anywhere on Thursday?

Offski, can I confirm that this is a "know issue" (that's how I read your post). If so, are there any other threads about this or something similar as I'd probably like to take this further and possibly reject our car. The safety of my wife and son is paramount.

Does it appear to be a 1.5 with DSG issue only?

thanks in advance

Gary

My 2010 vintage dry 7 speed DSG issue was different, in that(and I will chase up the reference later) the clever VW Engineers, when tasked with ensuring the problematic dry DSG did not fry its clutch packs when asked to "inch"(and even when  "inching" at exceptionally low engine rpm's) simply wrote the software to first ignore the throttle pentiometer input and then disengage drive(or indeed reverse), without any warnings or notification.

see link;

https://www.quora.com/Have-the-issues-with-the-Volkswagen-DQ200-Automatic-7-Speed-DSG-transmission-been-fixed-now

scroll down to Kevin Mannings post

marcus

Edited by marcusthehat
  • Thanks 1

They had the car for 2 hours plugged everything into it and drove around 25 miles.  It worked as it should and they could not replicate the problem.  They stopped and started again 5 or 6 times, it worked each time.  It has not happened again since I have had it back.

• Thanks 1

I spoke to the master technician last week and he’s going to have my car for three days next week to try and experience it for himself - doesn’t matter if it’s just a customer! Only thing is it’s only happened when it’s around zero degrees ambient and the engines cold, it’s looking mild next week so will probably be fine. 

• Thanks 1