Anyone installed the Revo Air intake in their vRS

35 minutes ago, colmsmyth said:

Nice... Thanks.... Do you notice any difference in sound or power, I assume more whoosh sound 

Yeah lots of difference in sound, it hisses & oh boy can you hear it spool but above all it sounds like a dump value when you lift for a gear change

What Revo haven't made clear is that the tube is metal & therefore, adds a bit raunch to the sound.

Edited by themanwithnoaim
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Yeah lots of difference in sound, it hisses & oh boy can you hear it spool but above all it sounds like a dump value when you lift for a gear change

What Revo haven't made clear is that the tube is metal & therefore, adds a bit raunch to the sound.

Nice sounds great.. Mgot your PMM, nothing happening for now as just had exhaust system done so need to hold for a bit but thanks for the offer

• 2 weeks later...

Hello fellow enthusiasts, new to this online Skoda community but owned a 63 plate my vRS over 2yrs...Got it remapped (Stage 1) by REVO and thinking of replacing OEM air filter with a REVO panel air filter which I know fits the OEM air box. Please can someone tell me if I risk my engine running lean due to higher air flow filter upgrade?

5 hours ago, vRS-Daddy said:

Hello fellow enthusiasts, new to this online Skoda community but owned a 63 plate my vRS over 2yrs...Got it remapped (Stage 1) by REVO and thinking of replacing OEM air filter with a REVO panel air filter which I know fits the OEM air box. Please can someone tell me if I risk my engine running lean due to higher air flow filter upgrade?

I think it'll be just fine

Thanks, looked in2it properly...REVO’s own R&D for the MQB (VAG) Stage 1 remap was all done with all hardware components remaining as stock, with increased fuel - air mix combustion rates factored in of course...REVO only recommend air intake upgrades with stage 2 and above. When I did stage 1 remap I also got the muffler delete upgrade for preferred  turbo sound and better throttle response...Nothing from REVO advising against that @ Stage 1.

4 minutes ago, vRS-Daddy said:

Thanks, looked in2it properly...REVO’s own R&D for the MQB (VAG) Stage 1 remap was all done with all hardware components remaining as stock, with increased fuel - air mix combustion rates factored in of course...REVO only recommend air intake upgrades with stage 2 and above. When I did stage 1 remap I also got the muffler delete upgrade for preferred  turbo sound and better throttle response...Nothing from REVO advising against that @ Stage 1.

Important to use 99 octane fuel if you want more power/torque with the increased air/fuel mixture. The limiting factor will always be getting rid of the exhaust gases with the standard 2.5" downpipe and same twin back boxes. Depends ultimately what you are perpared to spend on fuel but I have seen a 10% improvement in fuel economy from better fuel (higher octane) and stage 1 remap with all hardware standard. Recent stage 2 hardware upgrade allowed 2.2bar boost to increase power/torque by a further 10% without using anymore fuel. However at £3,000 this is expensive compared to a £500 custom stage 1 remap. Incidentally the stage 2 remap was just £120.:blush

Indeed...I’ve always used Shell 99 V-Power, even before I did REVO stage 1 remap. Post remap, over 1yr + I’ve had2fill up wiv alternative lower octane fuel once or twice and the car drove like a pig, relatively speaking of course...Would u go4REVO panel filter upgrade with stage 1 remap already in place?

Edited by vRS-Daddy
Missed time span

1 hour ago, vRS-Daddy said:

Indeed...I’ve always used Shell 99 V-Power, even before I did REVO stage 1 remap. Post remap, over 1yr + I’ve had2fill up wiv alternative lower octane fuel once or twice and the car drove like a pig, relatively speaking of course...Would u go4REVO panel filter upgrade with stage 1 remap already in place?

To be honest it'snot going to give you much extra power but may improve the induction sound. Using V-Power mine made 302bhp and 467NM with the standard airbox and filter. Now I have an Airtec foam cone filter and the airbox has been removed it sounds so much better as it sucks air in and it's like a subtle Dump Valve noise.Really depends what your after as most people would be more than happy with the stage 1 remap. My full 3" resonated Milltek exhaust is also quite subtle and at normal road speeds a passenger would be hard pressed to notice any difference from the standard exhaust until you open it up then it becomes more Golf R in character.:biggrin:

Golf R accoustics sound good2me! If I was going that far down the modding road I’d prob go4the stage 2 REVO remap upgrade which is free with the Scorpion/REVO downpipe exhaust upgrade...Along with that I’d prob go4the full Carbon Series air intake upgrade which is enclosed so no heat-soak which may not sound as good as exposed cone filter but performs better...I’m actually looking4better sound wivout losing power and causing engine to run lean with slightly higher air intake that comes with a REVO panel filter...It’s £60 inc VAT and I can fit it myself so a relatively inexpensive addition to my only bit of self indulgence...it’s my b’day next month so perfect time2treat myself! 

Edited by vRS-Daddy
Typo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I found it on Revo online, using the Skoda drop down filter pick Octavia vRS 220 TSI 2013 onwards...just checked it out on my mob and can’t find that option4the downpipe upgrade which comes with free stage2Revo software upgrade. When I did my stage 1 I did so with a view2eventually goin4full hardware upgrades needed4stage2remap. Sorry, did my remap Sept 2017 so should have checked again...

With all mods like this, they go hand in hand with one another.

The quicker you get it in, the quicker it'll need to get it out.

So going on that principal, if you get a high flow air intake, then your car would benefit greatly from a high flow cat / sports exhausts.

Add in am ecu tune up as well (remap / tuning box) and you'd certainly get a good power increase.

..............then comes the need for increased cooling.

It all depends on what you're ultimate end game is. Are you trying to get a good performance increases or are you going for the ricer look? 

7 hours ago, tunedude said:

So going on that principal, if you get a high flow air intake, then your car would benefit greatly from a high flow cat / sports exhausts.

Add in am ecu tune up as well (remap / tuning box) and you'd certainly get a good power increase.

It all depends on what you're ultimate end game is. Are you trying to get a good performance increases or are you going for the ricer look? 

Totally agree no point going from a 3" downpipe into a 2.5" standard exhaust. Good point on the intercooler as I have seen lower temps since fitting mine and maximum temp on track at Snetterton was just 103 degrees C. With a cone air filter and full 3" exhaust system I gained 34bhp over stage 1 remap.:clap:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Worth pointing out the de-cat option shown is not road legal and is suitable for track use only.:blink:

Decat and road legal Revo exhaust upgrade options are both clearly shown/explained via link so had faith those viewing options would see that for themselves...

18 hours ago, tunedude said:

...I would always go4full hardware upgrades required for Stage 2 remap but finances being what they I remain content wiv Stage 1 and muffler delete...filter upgrade was a cheap way2change accoustics wiv increased induction roar. My only hesitation was not knowing if any increased air intake would work wiv stage 1 remap as all data logging Revo did (using their global network apparently) was based on cars on stage 1 keeping bog standard hardware...you’re bang on wen it comes2how induction, exhaust & ideally cooling should all be done in harmony wiv the right software upgrades...I’ll prob wait till I hopefully get a similar car wiv 4WD to make full use of power increases gained wiv Revo ‘package’ upgrades.

Edited by vRS-Daddy