DAB aerial

I want to change the current aerial to one that has the DAB antenna in it as i am having no end of issues with the screen mount and magmount aerials.

Does anyone know what aerial I need to order and is it a case of taking down the headliner to swap the old for new?

Generally there are two possibilities:

1. if you already have some roof antenna (or at least a whole with some dummy piece of plastic - I believe all Superbs have either this or that) you can exchange it to antenna with same features and DAB included

2. You can also exchange one of amplifiers mounted either in rear side (estate) or back (limousine) windows from FM to FM/DAB

In both cases you will also need 6 m cable to connect to the radio.

I don't think that this 6R0 035 501 D antenna has also telephone (rsap) and GPS included. Both are very common options in a Superb 2. So don't swap your antenna before that has been verified!

I have carried out a bit more research on this and found this....remember google is your friend, but 6R0 035 501 D does have all the fakra connections bar the TV option

Good luck.......

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@MarkTB : Did you also connect this antenna via the white connectors to the FM connectors of your head unit? Or do you still use the old FM antennas in the rear side windows?

I ask this because I'm a little worried that the antenna 6R0 035 501D uses the phantom supply from the FM connectors for both internal antenna amplifiers (FM and DAB). In that case the DAB amplifier doesn't work (since it's not supplied with phantom power) when I only use this antenna for DAB, GPS and Phone...

Edited by andrehj

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 18:31, andrehj said:

@MarkTB : Did you also connect this antenna via the white connectors to the FM connectors of your head unit? Or do you still use the old FM antennas in the rear side windows?

I ask this because I'm a little worried that the antenna 6R0 035 501D uses the phantom supply from the FM connectors for both internal antenna amplifiers (FM and DAB). In that case the DAB amplifier doesn't work (since it's not supplied with phantom power) when I only use this antenna for DAB, GPS and Phone...

I didn't. At the time I didn't know the location of the FM aerial so just connected the DAB. So far so good, only had DAB drop out once for a minute while in the dip between 2 hills, but quickly came back as I came back up the other side. I will look to connect up to the FM if/when I have any further issues.