Lane assist camera

Hi guys

I've been researching a lot reg. whether it's possible to activate the Lane Assist on my Octavia via SW. 

It seems though that there are contradictionary information on the web reg. the camera type... Most often they refer to the A5 camera, with its big casing.

However, I have stumbled upon this statement from a Skoda site, which - I beleive - illustrates the "basic" camera (not the A5), but the ad states that it is used for Lane assist, Trafic signs and Light assist.

My car has the very same camera mounted (see attachment)... Does this means that I can have the Lane assist activated by coding?

Hoping to get this clarified once and for all...

Camera ad.jpg

Camera my car.jpg

No, you can’t. The large A5 camera with the trapezium shape on the screen is needed for lane assist. The camera you have shown is for the front assist. The link is just to the wrong image as it doesn’t do Traffic Sign Recognition either, that’s also the A5 camera.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi folks, where/how do I check the various specs for the camera in my FL ‘18 Oct?  I get this (photo) in settings....

C5F37A6C-CAAF-4836-8D6C-E417B0360509.jpeg

9 hours ago, SeanG said:

Hi folks, where/how do I check the various specs for the camera in my FL ‘18 Oct?  I get this (photo) in settings....

C5F37A6C-CAAF-4836-8D6C-E417B0360509.jpeg

That's details of the firmware in your infotainment system - nothing to do with the camera.

To get details of the camera (all modules in the car actually) you need to do a scan using a diagnostic tool such as VCDS.