Water Bottle to Fit Cup Holders

ncpierce

Hi,

I have the Skoda coffee mug for the car (both the black and white ones) but to try and cut down on my plastic usage I am after a reusable water bottle that will also fit in the cup holders. 

Can anyone recommend one that fits?

Thanks

Nigel

The front of the door pocket is deliberately oversized to accept a water bottle. I have a 750ml metal water bottle that fits there easily. Any bottle that fit in the cup holder would be pretty small.

Of course you could put some water in your coffee cup :biggrin:

Not sure if the cup holder design has changed from the one used in the MKII Octavia, but I got this 750ml sports bottle from B&M for about £3 or 4 for two. Fits perfectly. (as does a Nespresso Travel Mug, incidentally) 

20181112_142354.thumb.jpg.e14de2a60d2b90a357eb4aff4913850a.jpg

They appear to have concentrated more on the ability to open a bottle one handed rather than the ability to retain the damn thing securely in the cup holder. 

Şkoda, Simply Clever! 

After looking at your picture Roy, that would explain why the updated Şkoda cup holder mobile phone holder doesn't fit the Kodiaq. 

Fits my Mkii Octy Scout a treat! 

And for those of you who don't have A British Rail pension, Wilko do a similar item for less than a third of the Lakeland item. 

https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/wilko-double-wall-flask-blue-500ml/p/0465727

It's even got little 'bumps' on its base so you can open it in the cup holder one handed to your hearts content, just like the Şkoda designers intended. 

Edited by Guest

My 500ml plastic bottle sits happily enough in the centre console. With a spare one in each doors when lugging passengers. A dozen for pennies at your local super store.

New ones even come full of water.

Can be reused almost indefinitely  :)

Edited by BoxerBoy
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

The front cup holder is about my only gripe on the Kadiaq, the 2 holders are just too close to each other. We have 2 genuine Skoda thermal mugs both supplied with our new cars and they don't fit as the cups are pushed apart at an angle. 2 standard McD's coffee cups and be extra careful as lifting one out can knock the lid of the other one! an extra 5-10 mm between the holders would be perfect!

• 2 years later...

I know, it's not a lot for a 3D print that had to be designed, developed, printed for 22 hours,  using more then 100m of filament, finished, packed, and shipped. After all that, I'd say it should have cost more  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SkoDad1 said:

I know, it's not a lot for a 3D print that had to be designed, developed, printed for 22 hours,  using more then 100m of filament, finished, packed, and shipped. After all that, I'd say it should have cost more  

Sounds like you’re the eBay seller trying to drum up some business.

• Love it! 1

2 minutes ago, Kenny R said:

Sounds like you’re the eBay seller trying to drum up some business.

Sounds like I know about 3D printing and spoke to the guy :thinking: 

But the fact still remains, that my girlfriend loves hers. 

Also, if you'd just spent money on something like, I don't know... a hat, would you appreciate someone pretty much saying "what?! I could have got a hat from pound land"

Just now, ZacDaMan72 said:

100%

read below, good sir