Blind Spot monitor not working

Here we go again this time not my windscreen but a new problem. Has anyone had this problem :- Blind spot not working but there is a tick in the box, when it try to activate it I get the message Function is currently not available, also same with Side Assist.   Yesterday I had taken car to main dealer and was told they have never came across this before and was unable to solve the problem.  I now have to take the car back again and told it will take a bout a week to solve connected to a computer.  Any thoughts I have tried the reset to factory settings but nothing.

Car was new in May this year and only done 5000 Miles..  Love the car but all these small problems are getting on my wick.

IMG_5125.jpg

IMG_5126.jpg

IMG_5127.jpg

IMG_5124.jpg

Both of those use the radar don't they?

It may be a bad connection or a faulty part causing it. 

Mine had to go back a few months after getting it (it was only 6 months old) as it decided that the SOS function was faulty and that the drivers airbag was busted. Needed a new bit of wiring IIRC.

7 minutes ago, DBT85 said:

Both of those use the radar don't they?

It may be a bad connection or a faulty part causing it. 

Mine had to go back a few months after getting it (it was only 6 months old) as it decided that the SOS function was faulty and that the drivers airbag was busted. Needed a new bit of wiring IIRC.

Thanks hopefully it will be sorted.. not feeling the love for it at the moment.

I like the fact that the dealer has never seen that problem before and are unable to solve it but it will take two weeks to fix. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My sister’s Karoq has the same problem. I connected VCDS to it but it couldn’t communicate with that module at all - either the module is completely dead or the connection to it is broken. Anyway, it will need to be a dealer visit for her.

10 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

My sister’s Karoq has the same problem. I connected VCDS to it but it couldn’t communicate with that module at all - either the module is completely dead or the connection to it is broken. Anyway, it will need to be a dealer visit for her.

Oh Dear..   Hope it gets sorted.. Mine goes in to dealer 1st Dec have been told it could take up to a week as they will connect it to a computer and will be worked on buy the manufacture  through their systems..   Do like the Superb but getting fed up with these things that keep popping up...

9 minutes ago, Robbo12 said:

Oh Dear..   Hope it gets sorted.. Mine goes in to dealer 1st Dec have been told it could take up to a week as they will connect it to a computer and will be worked on buy the manufacture  through their systems..   Do like the Superb but getting fed up with these things that keep popping up...

Well if it’s anything like my sister’s, they won’t get very far connecting it to a computer since the module isn’t responding at all!

12 minutes ago, Bud said:

Hope this isn't affecting petrol blue cars:o

I hope not see you also have Petrol Blue.. Love the drive from the car but don't like these things that keep popping up.. go careful around the inside of your windscreen it scratches easily.

5 minutes ago, BenSh said:

Ta. I have emailed my dealer to start the ball rolling.

Thanks BenSh.       They have told me that they haven't came across this problem before and the dealer is going to connect it to a computer and will be looked into from the manufacturer, been told it could possibly take up to 4 days depending what the problem is.

Robbo

You are NOT alone.  I complained on another thread about this although I am yet to report it. Mine is subtly different. It works if I manually engage it each trip but it absolutely refuses to stay on, flashing an error message so fast you can't read it then switching off. yet to report it. same age car.

Happily (trying not to tempt fate) this is my only issue

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, CSNick said:

Robbo

You are NOT alone.  I complained on another thread about this although I am yet to report it. Mine is subtly different. It works if I manually engage it each trip but it absolutely refuses to stay on, flashing an error message so fast you can't read it then switching off. yet to report it. same age car.

Happily (trying not to tempt fate) this is my only issue

Oh dear not good, will let everyone know how I get on when I take the car back to dealer.. Glad yours is not Petrol Blue otherwise I would think of going back to a Ford.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine is in dealer today, and just had call. Fixed. They found error code, followed diagnostics and updated software. Now fixed. Will get more details when I pick it up.

Very helpful, please share. I had a VW with this feature and if worked absolutely seamlessly, and I got used to it being very helpful. Cheers BenSh

and Robbo, every brand sells Friday cars. I had a Hyundai i40 when they were launched. Brilliant car, loaded, good looker, and my particular example was a complete dog! Two friends bought them and have never had anything go wrong! 

Edited by CSNick

Update,  all sorted now had taken car into main dealer on 1st Dec and collected in on the 4th Dec..  they connected it to a computer and a error code was then sorted from the manufacture  ... updated software and now working ok. ... just hope it keeps working now :) one problem sorted now to try and work on the scratches on the surface of inside of windscreen, I feel so sure that the tinted windscreen on the L&K has some sort of coating on it, and I'm thinking this is what's scratched.. any ideas anyone ?

Had back a couple of days now. All working as it should. 4 menu items back (went down to 3 menu items when it 'broke'). Basically the firmware update fixed it.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 13:29, BenSh said:

Had back a couple of days now. All working as it should. 4 menu items back (went down to 3 menu items when it 'broke'). Basically the firmware update fixed it.

Glad you are also sorted, mine was also just an update.. Just like to say how pleased I am with the superb L&K 220 18 plate petrol blue, drives great and plenty of power when you need it, beats my old 15 plate Mercedes c220 by miles.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

CURED - Yes I had this problem develop 8 weeks after delivery of my July 2018 Superb SE L Hatch Auto. Both blind spot monitor / rear traffic alert stopped working when I selected reverse. The verification that this is the cause was - Whilst in 'Park' position (Automatic Gearbox, but I guess 'Neutral would work on a Manual Box) , view the assistance page on the Maxi-Dot where a 'Tick' would be showing (if not showing then tick them) against both Blind Spot and Rear Traffic Alert. Select reverse, and the 'Ticks' disappear. Re-Tick them and they return to working until next time you select Reverse. Cure (for me anyway) was found by accident. My wife got a new Seat Leon (Super-Dooper model), and I was trying to sort her car's ability to lower the left mirror when selecting Reverse, as advertised on TV. Having fixed her car by following her manual EXACTLY, I thought I would have a go getting my Superb to do the same, even though I had not previously realised that it was a fitted feature. I followed the method EXACTLY for ALIGNING the Left mirror drop on reverse selection, Which I got to work (and splendid it is, you can even set the angle it drops to) - Thereafter the problem with the blind spot monitor / rear traffic alert has totally disappeared from the Superb, and remains problem free 2K miles later. Yipee. PS Incidentally when fixing the mirror drop problem, great attention has to be paid to the Drivers door mirror selector knob position. The mirrors only drop when 'L' is selected, and do not revert to the rearward view until the doors lock at approx 3 MPH.  Having read what I have just written, it would seem that until you have 'Set-Up' the 'Home Position' of the 'Mirror / Reverse Tilt', the blind spot monitor / rear traffic alert has not been 'Set-Up' fully, And it is easy to THINK you have set up the mirror, 'cos you can see through it, and like me, you might not even realise it could tilt.   Hope the above helps. Mal

• Like 1

CURED - Yes I had this problem develop 8 weeks after delivery of my July 2018 Superb SE L Hatch Auto. Both blind spot monitor / rear traffic alert stopped working when I selected reverse. The verification that this is the cause was - Whilst in 'Park' position (Automatic Gearbox, but I guess 'Neutral would work on a Manual Box) , view the assistance page on the Maxi-Dot where a 'Tick' would be showing (if not showing then tick them) against both Blind Spot and Rear Traffic Alert. Select reverse, and the 'Ticks' disappear. Re-Tick them and they return to working until next time you select Reverse. Cure (for me anyway) was found by accident. My wife got a new Seat Leon (Super-Dooper model), and I was trying to sort her car's ability to lower the left mirror when selecting Reverse, as advertised on TV. Having fixed her car by following her manual EXACTLY, I thought I would have a go getting my Superb to do the same, even though I had not previously realised that it was a fitted feature. I followed the method EXACTLY for ALIGNING the Left mirror drop on reverse selection, Which I got to work (and splendid it is, you can even set the angle it drops to) - Thereafter the problem with the blind spot monitor / rear traffic alert has totally disappeared from the Superb, and remains problem free 2K miles later. Yipee. PS Incidentally when fixing the mirror drop problem, great attention has to be paid to the Drivers door mirror selector knob position. The mirrors only drop when 'L' is selected, and do not revert to the rearward view until the doors lock at approx 3 MPH.  Having read what I have just written, it would seem that until you have 'Set-Up' the 'Home Position' of the 'Mirror / Reverse Tilt', the blind spot monitor / rear traffic alert has not been 'Set-Up' fully, And it is easy to THINK you have set up the mirror, 'cos you can see through it, and like me, you might not even realise it could tilt. Hope the above helps. Mal