Door puddle lights and led number plate bulbs

Juego

Has anyone else had the door puddle lights fall out and get smashed? I'm now missing 2 on my drivers side as they both fell out and got smashed by the door being closed as I didn't realise mine had fallen out and the passenger didn't realise the one on the back door had fallen out! Very nearly lost my passengers side rear one but thankfully the passenger realised and I go out to clip it back in! Can't find any to replace them so think it's gonna be a trip to Skoda for them, they aren't held in by much either so think the replacements will get glued in.

Next thing is anyone running led number plate bulbs? I've been told by the place I'd normally buy my led bulbs from that they categorically do not work in the superb and the can bus system shuts them down and tells me I have a bulb out. If you're running them with no issues what bulbs are you using? 

just got in from outside 10 mins ago, replaced both front doors with these..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOR-SKODA-SUPERB-2008-On-18-LED-REAR-DOOR-LIGHT-RED-WHITE-LIGHT-LAMP-PAIR/153030938140?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

probably all the ones on ebay are from the same mould, i just picked a UK based seller and delivery was pretty quick.

3Zp13Cr.jpg

1S6A97z.jpg

probably not as Red from those views as OEM but at least people will see them and X fingers they show a lot more light.

i thought the DS one had broken but it seems the lense just clips onto the body and is easily knocked off leaving the lamp mount in situ.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Juego said:

If you're running them with no issues what bulbs are you using?

It's not the issue with bulbs if you properly code the system to ignore the LED lights on the licence plate.

• Like 1

The dealer managed to smash mine.

When i was picking my car up I opened the door and it fell out in pieces, not sure how they managed to knock it out but if they do fall out they get obliterated as you shut the door 

4 minutes ago, SuperbTWM said:

but if they do fall out they get obliterated as you shut the door

Strange how they didn't install a sensor that would tell you when the puddle light falls off from the door ... :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I fitted the Superskoda door puddle lights all round, pretty good fit, very bright and none have fallen out yet.  Around this time of year they usually have a 20% off sale.....

Thought about LEDs for the licence plate but don't see much point in it and its additional hassle with either resistors or finding someone to code them in if you don't have VCDS.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TasMan said:

finding someone to code them in if you don't have VCDS

Depending on the control module, VCDS may not be enough ... ODIS-e or possibly VCP should help (hex coding is required if I recall correctly)

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...