problems with 1.5 tsi across vag group ?

bripat

Most Dealers seem to have 1.5TSi Scala's as demo's thinking there is more profit in selling the bigger engine versions however hope they have had the software patch or customers will be kangarooing out of the Dealerships or stalling when pulling onto the first roundabout. Not exactly the best introduction to Skoda.:thumbdown:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Roottootemoot said:

@shyVRS245

Good to know as i was told the 1.5TSI EVO was not available in the Scala yet.

I must look in later this week and see why i never got a call to come in and try one.

Local Skoda dealer in Derby currently has 4 1.0TSi and 3 1.5TSi Scala's for sale. The interesting fact is the bigger engine cars are all DSG almost as if Skoda UK has told dealers not to order the manual 1.5TSi as demo's.:D

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Local Skoda dealer in Derby currently has 4 1.0TSi and 3 1.5TSi Scala's for sale. The interesting fact is the bigger engine cars are all DSG almost as if Skoda UK has told dealers not to order the manual 1.5TSi as demo's.:D

The 7 speed DSG is often 5 grams/km better on CO2 and a couple of mpg better so less chance of it being reclassified later and getting a bill to SUK/VW of incorrect tax on selling it.

CO2 emissions (g/km) Diesel cars (TC49) that meet the RDE2 standard and petrol cars (TC48) All other diesel cars (TC49) Alternative fuel cars (TC59)
0 £0 £0 £0
1 - 50 £10 £25 £0
51 - 75 £25 £110 £15
76 - 90 £110 £130 £100
91 - 100 £130 £150 £120
101 - 110 £150 £170 £140
111 - 130 £170 £210 £160
131 - 150 £210 £530 £200
151 - 170 £530 £855 £520
Edited by lol-lol

Sooooo! I’ve just had a call to have a ‘software update’ to cure the kangarooing and stalling on my 8 week old Q3. It’s going in on the 9th September, will report the outcome in due course. (Probably on the 10th as, no doubt, it’ll be warm when I collect it!)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I've read about the 1.5 TSi engine problems extensively, as I got a personal lease 1.5 SE-L Octavia estate just over a year ago - August 2018.

Now coming up to 18,000 miles and it has NEVER exhibited the kangaroo stuff!

It's manual, delivers decent MPG, anything from about 45 to over 50 if you're light-footed.

I hope I haven't just jinxed it now, so it starts this behaviour. It has the ACT stuff, so shuts down 2 cylinders on a light throttle.

I wonder if mine is OK because it was before September 2018 when they new Euro emissions levels were introduced.

Anyway, mine has had no problems, and I think it's one of the best cars I've ever had. It replaced a BMW 530d SE Touring, and it was nothing like the step down I thought it would be. Great car.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 30/08/2019 at 18:20, Evadog said:

Sooooo! I’ve just had a call to have a ‘software update’ to cure the kangarooing and stalling on my 8 week old Q3. It’s going in on the 9th September, will report the outcome in due course. (Probably on the 10th as, no doubt, it’ll be warm when I collect it!)

And so the results: low rpm/low speed pull away much improved - as good as my previous Octavia 1.4 150bhp. Pull away from stationary stalling almost cured but still has relapses. Kangarooing virtually un changed. Rejection process started again☹️

33 minutes ago, Roottootemoot said:

If VW Group have a fix for faulty ones, this is what you might expect from the latest ones with the Characteristic 1.5TSI EVO.

@ 8 Minutes.

But the car in this review is a DSG gearbox. The 1.5 engine problem isn't a hesitation on the power being applied, it's the kangaroo effect. 

33 minutes ago, Roottootemoot said:

@pint6x

Correct, there was the 1.5TSI Manual issue that was known as Kangerooing, and then denial, and it was said not in the DSG, but it was just not as obvious.

Eventually there was a fix for some, and a 2nd fix for some, and no fix for others, and then someone from the factory says it is an alternator issue.

Point being that was then and this is now and brand new cars hitting the road. So if it is just the DSG's and not manuals that will be nice.

MauMauM.jpg.a730f8af9f11981f15b1387419a3b965.jpg.3d0cd25182f29ac829db4d9064ddc2cf.jpg.35e827417bcf600273cbd4a4ebdb8799.jpg

Screenshot 2019-10-04 at 09.55.52.png

Screenshot 2019-10-04 at 09.56.18.png

Edited by Roottootemoot

• 3 weeks later...

Weirdly when you look at the number affected individually  for the Superb, Karoq and Kodiaq they all say 1231!!!

• Thanks 1