Spare wheel problem (first post be gentle)

Hi 

i have required a 13 plate superb saloon which ime more than happy with apart from one thing, the spare wheel foam/ polystyrene has been taken out plus the tools, yes I should of checked but didn’t. Anyway I would like to put a spare wheel in it but I can’t actually figure out how it attaches to the well floor because if it came with a mounting bolt or some other fixing gadget it has gone walkies, thank you in advance, Martin 

Thank you,

i did try downloading the manual but it kept coming up error 404 and as I know nothing about nothing I left it alone, shame they don’t do a Haynes manual for the car,because if memory serves me right these were popular amongst dads when I was a lad

8 hours ago, Fulhammartin said:

Hi 

i have required a 13 plate superb saloon which ime more than happy with apart from one thing, the spare wheel foam/ polystyrene has been taken out plus the tools, yes I should of checked but didn’t. Anyway I would like to put a spare wheel in it but I can’t actually figure out how it attaches to the well floor because if it came with a mounting bolt or some other fixing gadget it has gone walkies, thank you in advance, Martin 

Have you checked to see if you have the locking wheel nut socket? 

Hi, I had to purchase spare wheel too after I bought my superb, make sure it is big enough to go over brakes, 16", I bought 2nd hand. Skoda charge a fortune for the full set. I went to local scrap yard and bought tool and jack set.

Recently changed 2 front tyres and slow puncture on the rear, nightmare getting locking nuts open, went straight to scrapyard and bought 4 normal locking nuts. locking nuts are not worth the hassle!!

A spare wheel and toolkit was a cost option on the Superb 2: not fitting it reduced the weight of the car and helped with emissions and fuel economy during type approval. As a result, it's pretty common to find a car without it. The wheel and toolkit from a dealer will be about €250, toolkit alone is less than €100. If you're looking in a scrapyard for a spare, make sure it's 16" with 5x112 stud pattern.

• Like 2

I was fortunate with my late model face-lift (2014)  then - it came with the 16' spare wheel and toolkit. No security bolts either.... though I spent ages looking for the buggers before I copped on that there weren't any!

Cheap to come by on eBay. Steel alone £42 delivered. With tyre £38-50. I believe you need a 7J wheel rather than 6.5j. Although I have had both on my car. My official spare is 7j 5x112 ET45 in the Superb with 205/55/16 rubber. 

Even though the spare wheel was a cost option, in its absence you got a tyre repair kit, in its own polystyrene / foam insert.

For the wheel and all of it's paraphernalia to be missing from the wheel well would suggest its been removed.

I recon an earlier owner had it. Might be as they upgraded. Also likely they did that if they had an accident, got replacement and swapped extras over.

It could also be a dealer selling it on to another customer... Not unheard of!

Edited by mrgf