Android Huawei Phone

RAG

After 12 years, swapped from iPhone to a Huawei P20pro. I am struggling to smartlink it to the stereo in 2017 Skoda Fabia. What is the best way of hooking up Android or Mirror link. Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks 

2 minutes ago, millerhouse said:

+1 (but we have a Citigo & Superb - I assume a Fabia has Bluetooth as well?) My phone is a Honor, made by Huawei.    SWMBO has a Samsung, both work fine.

John M

Yes I use a Huawei MYA-L02 with bluetooth

I know some Huawei phones have had issues with Android Auto. But you do need to download the Android Auto app from the Play Store before you can use it. I've had no issues with my phone using very cheap USB-C cables from Wish.com, but I might have just been lucky! Try the cable that came with the phone, to see if that's the reason why. 

• Like 1

On 12/12/2018 at 08:07, RAG said:

After 12 years, swapped from iPhone to a Huawei P20pro. I am struggling to smartlink it to the stereo in 2017 Skoda Fabia. What is the best way of hooking up Android or Mirror link. Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks 

I think that SmartLink will not work (Which is good as it is very distracting when driving because it mirrors your phone to the console.) Instead, install Android Auto on your phone and when you plug it in to the Infotainment Unit (you may have to 'forget' the previous pairing and re-pair) the SmartLink icon will disappear and the Android Auto should appear in its place for you to select.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2018 at 22:07, RAG said:

Hello, 

You will need to:

1. Download Android Auto from Play Store

2. Plugin your USB to USB-C cable and connect your phone.

3. Press Menu and select Smartlink

4. Launch Android auto on your phone and follow screen instructions on Phone and Car Screen

5. It now works.... or should do, thats what i done on mine :-D 

Hope this helps 

Android auto is working with Admundsen and my Huawei P20 lite, somebody managed to use mirror link? Android version is Oreo 8.0.

There are plenty instuctions on YT but it didn't work. 

I had trouble connecting my Huawei p8 to my Fabia, but solved it by using a better usb cable (Anker powerline).

Access the android auto app on your phone then plug it in. Go to the menu on the infotainment system and select the android auto option (I think the ignition needs to be on)

If the android auto icon is not in the menu then select smartlink , device, then select your phone.

I think the android auto app is brilliant. Listen to music via Spotify, plus the voice control button on the steering wheel works.

Android auto is working but there is also mirror link to mirror other apps because there is only small number of android auto apps compatible and with mirror link you could mirror complete phone. 

MirrorLink doesn't let you mirror the whole phone. Only certain apps. See here for a listing of what's available. Also- there aren't any apps I'd want to be using while driving that aren't on Android Auto. All you need is maps and music/podcasts. Android Auto has Google Maps and Waze, both excellent options, and all the major music and podcast options. I use Spotify and Pocket Casts, both work brilliantly through Android Auto. 

Thanks for link! 

Android auto is working and I use it only for navigation thru waze and google maps. 

With HTC phone I managed to put video clip over mirror link but it stops when car starts moving. 

• 10 months later...

Same here Android Auto is working with my huawei Pro 20 but doesn't support a couple of apps i wanted to use like Rockford Fosgate _Perfect Tune app and  DTUK PowerControl  app...Also a dodgy ad free spotify app i have lol

So what would you's say the best phone to use for mirror link so i can use these apps would be ? Am looking to get a Samsung S8