150p turbo ?

Stephenmc

Cheers for the reply! Also I have my egr blanked retaining the asv. On the darkside page for the fmic I says egr and asv delete or keeping the egr and asv not sure which one to go for? I want to keep my asv. 

I have contacted Airtec directly and asked them whether the kit has all the things needed for a car that hasnt got Egr/Asv removed, and they said Yes.... Its a lot theaper than the Darkside kit, probably the same quality-wise. Dont forget to ask them about 20 pounds discount coupon.... :)

Only Airtec and Darkside appear to have all needed... The cheap set I ordered sisnt have the intercooler hose coupler and the cheap mounting bracket didnt have the groove.... (will cause damage to the coolant hose without the grooved one over time by rubbing on it)

Edited by iwcham1979

I've searched everywhere and havent found any hint whatsoever that there are 2 similar but different ARL turbos.... It must be bshiet... I have just bought one GT1479VB is written on it... i've heard some clocking of the turbo has to be done... whatever it may mean :)

Edited by iwcham1979

1 hour ago, Essexben said:

So with the turbo fmic and remap you will get near or over 200bhp

Guesswork, I doubt you'd get a reliable pull without a fresh clutch, even then you'll need a pikey Dyno op.

We've seen some pretty unbelievable claims on here over the years, laughable even.

3 minutes ago, sepulchrave said:

Guesswork, I doubt you'd get a reliable pull without a fresh clutch, even then you'll need a pikey Dyno op.

We've seen some pretty unbelievable claims on here over the years, laughable even.

Oh right yeah I guess you do I’m a ford nut so this is all new to me 

11 minutes ago, Essexben said:

Oh right yeah I guess you do I’m a ford nut so this is all new to me 

Forget everything you thought you knew about tuning, you're in turbodiesel world now and almost nothing that works on petrol works the same on diesel, many things don't work at all, like EGR deletes and silly exhaust systems.

I was hoping to find a used Gt1749VB turbo off of a Golf/Bora, but I have lost all hope.... Very rare. So back to Ebay and Darkside while waiting for my fmic to arrive.... I will obviously have to buy a new turbo. I thought I had cleared all the fog around the subject, but I was mistaken.... Please bear with me for one last time :) I have two questions:

1. There are countless threads here on the forum about how ARL turbo is plug and play (the turbo just needs to be clocked). Why then do Darksidedevelopments claim that 'WHEN FITTING THIS TO POLO / FABIA /IBIZA MODELS YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO REMOVE THE EGR VALVE." for both Melett and Garret that they are selling?  (I have ordered Darkside fmic kit with the option to retain EGR/ASV.)

2. Is Malett quality stuff, the price suits me, Garret is too much for me to take atm!?  They claim it's a GT1749VB, but at the same time they label it as a Malett GTA1749MV. Is it not some Malett specific labeling? 

https://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/gt1749vb-arl-pd150-1-9-tdi-turbocharger.html

Thanks again!

Edited by iwcham1979

I've had some correspondence with Darkside and here is what they said:

"Hi

The PD150 Turbo normally has a different location for the EGR Port compared to the PD130 in the Fabia. 
If yours is different, and you really want to retain the EGR, you could get the link pipe modified slightly

The Melett unit would be fine at that power.

I've spoken to them about the naming conventions. They use the Garrett internal systems, but that is different to what is written on the actual units"

So the EGR pipe is an issue...  Maybe an ARL pipe would fix the problem.... Strange no one mentioned that....

Thanks and merry Christmas

BCB395EB-9035-4ABC-9E12-69C912009EEF.jpeg

B43A5057-3506-4503-887E-5315ADE3D3DE.jpeg

Edited by iwcham1979

Thanks!  I will most likely do that and retain the ASV. I ordered Malett turbo in my country, Costs only 400e brand new. I'm a bit sceptical a bit about the quality and whether I would be able to push close to 200hp with it. I use the car for long journeys, i.e. Serbia to Denmark to visit my relatives.... But it's what it is.... (All companies here  use Melett parts in refurbishing oem turbos....)

• 2 weeks later...