Rest electric window retrofit - 2013 vrs estate

I asked my supplier about rear "Leccies" In mine, when I placed the order years ago. They said there was no option on my version as it was not listed. As I already ordered, I had to swallow this although I would have refused to order had I have known.

They said they could retro-fit hm but that means removing many parts and re-fitting new motors, etc along with new door cards or at least partial door cards. This would prove quite expensive for parts, labour, etc.

The actual list price for rears was only around £150 extra for models that could be optioned so I assume from a non-built car, they would eventually have agreed to fit them rather then lose a sale but retro-fitting, unless you have access to a donor vehicle might be a right pain in the rear door!

• Thanks 1

I'm in the process of doing this now in my Mk11 Vrs

Have a large haul of parts ready to go, namely :-

Rear door regulators

Rear door motors

Rear door wiring looms

Drivers door switch assy

Drivers door wiring loom

Rear door cards / trims (no windy holes)

Spent a couple of days studying the wiring diagrams as theres a couple of feeds, mainly power to rear doors / windows and connections to the LIN bus not in the interior loom which will need to be added (most dissapointing) as considering the

cost option was so cheap, I "assumed" it would only be the rear and drivers door looms different......:doh:

It's now a challenge to get this done and will keep you posted  :D

Edited by UrbanPanzer
added text
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Def won't give up !! I was told you could not fit factory Becker navigation into my Land Rover Discoveryabout 7 years ago, so that became a challenge, that was successful !! :muscle:

just gathering some more parts like genuine wiring terminals etc, also waiting for some cable to arrive as I'm anal and have ordered the cable with the correct colours / tracers.

It will look like its always been there (I hope) :notme:

• 2 weeks later...

Well MISSION accomplished !!! :rofl::rofl:

I now have 5 switches on the drivers door :clap:

IMG_0340.thumb.jpg.d6fa46894309515724a42523691bba4b.jpg

IMG_0338.thumb.jpg.0caefe315cb52fce519b1cfe25b59411.jpg

1629736568_IMG_0330-Copy-Copy.thumb.jpg.373f282c68aa63066cf93c6b36ddeeab.jpg

Really pleased how it went, all looks like it has been there from day 1 (should have been really)

In total, I think its probably 1 - 1-1/2 days work to do it like I did, well worth it for me.

All works as they should with comfort settings etc etc.

In fact, I did one side first and then the other but both even tested and worked without re-coding the central electrics module to tell it rear elecy windows installed,

so not to sure "what else" that setting does :thinking:

Edited by UrbanPanzer
tect
  • Like 1

In all honesty, I fully intend to "write it up" as to speak, I don't mind the time doing it, I would have addded more here but its a bit "finiky" and limited on size, so I'll use my own host.

my website for my Land Rover has "1 or 2" :) on it, so I will probably do it like those.

I would be happy to help / advise on here anyone who also wants to do it.

Is this something you def want to do ?

Understand 100% I took a while to purchase these window parts, did it bit by bit until we had everything and then on with it.

Cruise is next for mine I think....my mums 1.2 Tsi has cruise, and that REALLY annoys me !! :rofl:

Edited by UrbanPanzer
spelling

I shopped around to find an estate one with cruise and that had the cthe engine. Rear electric windows just weren’t a popular option in either hatch or estate. I have a dog so in the summer opening the rears is going to be important. 

Ive got mud flaps on order for the estate, have added some paddle extensions and will get round to considering heated seats and the rear windows when the expensive work on my Transporter is done. 

See we all think alike, Whilst the interior was out I "considered" heated seats, but not really needed with cloth, if it was leather I would have done them first. Also there is a lot more wiring to add as the main feed into the fusebox etc is not there on mine.

I just hate seeing switch blanks, I always wonder what goes / should go / can I put there

• Like 1

Well done that man! 

I would have also thought about fitting the later, VW style switchgear with the little chrome/alu trims. (I have in my Skud). 

Another thing I would have liked, is the dual switch which is normally on the drivers side, added to the passenger side, to control the windows from both sides. Or in your case, all four! 

As an instructor, I did really want rear "Leccies" But they had no option. I also wish they fired the switches in the centre column so as to ease their usage from either seat! Don't see any need for a switch on each door, up front, when it could be central. Would actually save the manufacturers money, too as they would not need different set-ups for us who drive on the correct side of the road and those other dangerous drivers around the globe, who insist on sitting in the passenger seat, to drive!

It 's a throwback really, to the old windy-window system.

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 20:25, UrbanPanzer said:

Well MISSION accomplished !!! :rofl::rofl:

I now have 5 switches on the drivers door :clap:

IMG_0340.thumb.jpg.d6fa46894309515724a42523691bba4b.jpg

IMG_0338.thumb.jpg.0caefe315cb52fce519b1cfe25b59411.jpg

1629736568_IMG_0330-Copy-Copy.thumb.jpg.373f282c68aa63066cf93c6b36ddeeab.jpg

Really pleased how it went, all looks like it has been there from day 1 (should have been really)

In total, I think its probably 1 - 1-1/2 days work to do it like I did, well worth it for me.

All works as they should with comfort settings etc etc.

In fact, I did one side first and then the other but both even tested and worked without re-coding the central electrics module to tell it rear elecy windows installed,

so not to sure "what else" that setting does :thinking:

That's awesome,

Sounds like quite a job if your not clued up mind you, As for the the heated seats.....Another member on an mk2 fabia VRS page I'm on just retrofitted heated seats with a £40 kit off ebay. I'm going to give it a bash myself.

7 hours ago, Mickmartin said:

That's awesome,

Sounds like quite a job if your not clued up mind you, As for the the heated seats.....Another member on an mk2 fabia VRS page I'm on just retrofitted heated seats with a £40 kit off ebay. I'm going to give it a bash myself.

Yeah I have used those kits on other vehicles, done them on a Clio and rear of a Land Rover discovery, they work well, but with the Fabia I want to keep it all "factory", after looking into the wiring even more, the main interior looms down each side are different and they price up about £200 each as I looked at it before I "re-loomed" mine for the rear windows, and as it standds it's certainly not worth a hot bum lol....it's possible, just depends on want V cost.

Whats this "other" page ? out of interest.

On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 17:12, UrbanPanzer said:

Yeah I have used those kits on other vehicles, done them on a Clio and rear of a Land Rover discovery, they work well, but with the Fabia I want to keep it all "factory", after looking into the wiring even more, the main interior looms down each side are different and they price up about £200 each as I looked at it before I "re-loomed" mine for the rear windows, and as it standds it's certainly not worth a hot bum lol....it's possible, just depends on want V cost.

Whats this "other" page ? out of interest.

"Skoda Fabia mk2 Vrs owners" on Facebook, I posted up your pictures and to my surprise there quite a few members with electric in the rear as standard! So it wasn't bogus after all and Skoda did actually offer them as an optional upgrade.

were there any mounting points on the rear for the motor etc?

Yes it was an option 100% and only £160 as well !! ................gods knows why you would not spec it, well I certainly would have considering that to buy all the parts "new" would be over £ 500 +

The motor mounts to the rear regulator plate which inturn mounts in exactly the same way as the manual regulator plate to the door using the same fixings. It also connects to the glass the same way etc.

The biggest part of the job "imo" is running in the power / lighting / LIN bus feeds into the interior looms down each side and then adding these pins to the existing interior loom sockets

to match up to the plugs on the replacement door looms.

IMG_0314.jpg

Below is the plug at the B pillar, it's is now fully populated, but it was "missing" 3 feeds,

+ 12v for power

+ 12v Lighting feed (switch lighting)

LIN BUS feed to the drivers door control unit.

112747040_IMG_0328-Copy-Copy.thumb.jpg.99eaf2627b3b321acf58550595d72873.jpg

Edited by UrbanPanzer
added image

No there was nothing broken, this is the interior loom which I had hoped was pre-wired in all vehicles and when speccing rear electric windows it was the door looms that were added / different, but this is not the case.

The looms on cars "without" rear electric windows dont have a +12v feed , +12v for switch lighting and LIN bus connection in them (3 feeds missing) so these need to be added to the looms.

Pins needed for connections

IMG_0325 - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

Adding wires to B pillar plug

1033926439_IMG_0326-Copy-Copy-Copy.thumb.jpg.3dc11aaf280010859ef5bce76e1ee5b1.jpg

New loom / connections in place at the plug and now run all along the sills up into the A pillar

area where the drivers door loom goes into the door

IMG_0329 - Copy - Copy.jpg

Running in new wires into existing interior loom... I "split" un-wrapped the factory loom

and run the new wires into it

1856147510_IMG_0306-Copy-Copy-Copy.thumb.jpg.be8db9bfaa8d53b1db8464e1b3ee3c3c.jpg

289151740_IMG_0308-Copy-Copy-Copy.thumb.jpg.5e8eac157dd573daeee52619c5d36a89.jpg

Edited by UrbanPanzer

5 hours ago, UrbanPanzer said:

No there was nothing broken, this is the interior loom which I had hoped was pre-wired in all vehicles and when speccing rear electric windows it was the door looms that were added / different, but this is not the case.

Pins needed for connections

IMG_0325 - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

Nice work.

Where did you get the pins from?

I have been looking for these for some other pugs.

5 hours ago, UrbanPanzer said: