Change skin of virtual cockpit to "rs style"

3 hours ago, ilalanza said:

I am wondering if it's posible change the apparience of virtual cockpit. Skoda rs, audi, seat are better. Retrofit the vitual cockpit must be very expensive.

Your last point confused me! You have a Superb with virtual cockpit that you want to change its style/skin to the RS version of Kodiaq RS is that it? So what does retro-fitting being expensive have to do with it?

I've seen photos of Superb Virtual Cockpit with the RS skin (assumingly coded in): 
B4A9F28F-DA2C-44CC-AA9E-5919916A6089.jpeg

it is in my mod list for when my Sportline arrives, a VCDS or OBDEleven thing for sure although I haven't looked up the exact instructions yet.

Edited by newbie69

17 minutes ago, kriva said:

Isn’t that skin standard on the Sportline anyway?

I wouldn't know as I haven't seen a Sportline Superb with Virtual Cockpit yet, you've got any links?

Maybe the first one I see is going to be mine when I pick it up in  February :D

As I understand it this is the skin of the Kodiaq vRS that can be enabled on the Superb via VCDS/OBDEleven

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/12/2018 at 11:27, newbie69 said:

Your last point confused me! You have a Superb with virtual cockpit that you want to change its style/skin to the RS version of Kodiaq RS is that it? So what does retro-fitting being expensive have to do with it?

I've seen photos of Superb Virtual Cockpit with the RS skin (assumingly coded in): 
B4A9F28F-DA2C-44CC-AA9E-5919916A6089.jpeg

it is in my mod list for when my Sportline arrives, a VCDS or OBDEleven thing for sure although I haven't looked up the exact instructions yet.

Do you remember where you found that image? I have retrofitted the virtual cockpit into my Octavia vRS but I seemingly can’t change the skin, I wonder if you have any extra info on that pic I can use to further search the topic.

27 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Do you remember where you found that image? I have retrofitted the virtual cockpit into my Octavia vRS but I seemingly can’t change the skin, I wonder if you have any extra info on that pic I can use to further search the topic.

I think it was from another Briskoda member in the Picture thread, probably checking the last 10 pages you'll stumble upon it iirc.

What is certain is that this vRS skin can only be enabled by a VCDS adaptation, not an in-car menu option if that's what you meant. But if you find the member you could ask for the coding he used. 

EDIT: Actually it was on the 2nd before the end. however member hasn't been active since 1.5 month...

Edited by newbie69
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, newbie69 said:

I think it was from another Briskoda member in the Picture thread, probably checking the last 10 pages you'll stumble upon it iirc.

What is certain is that this vRS skin can only be enabled by a VCDS adaptation, not an in-car menu option if that's what you meant. But if you find the member you could ask for the coding he used. 

EDIT: Actually it was on the 2nd before the end. however member hasn't been active since 1.5 month...

Thanks. I can’t even seem to find it with OBDEleven, every time I chnage the display depiction or anything that looks like I’m getting warm it doesn’t chnage the look of the clocks. Might reach out, see if I can get hold of him :)

12 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Thanks. I can’t even seem to find it with OBDEleven, every time I chnage the display depiction or anything that looks like I’m getting warm it doesn’t chnage the look of the clocks. Might reach out, see if I can get hold of him :)

I'll join the search after I get mine if you haven't succeeded already, busy with other stuff at the moment and also no car to try stuff! I'll update when i find something.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SteHaworth said:

My dealer told me that my sportline plus virtual cockpit will have the carbon skin like the Kodiak vrs when it arrives end of march

2/2 for your dealer, seems you've found a gem there!

I was browsing another thread yesterday and someone with a Kodiaq Sportline (non-vRS) reported that it came with that skin as standard so we should be good with our Sportline Superbs!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SashaGrace said:

I have the answer 

0B2EFE61-12DD-4CA9-9065-F6C8A2EAD3CD.thumb.jpeg.e25c075c9edb2092afae14603d985661.jpeg

In adaptations, you need to change the Tube version to Version 3 et voila :) 

Persistence is the key! Nice find!  Which module is this adaptation in? Guessing either "17" or "5F" ?

Edited by newbie69
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here is mine as well, but do you see the difference between the styles in our Cars and the picture earlier in this thread. The red inner rings are pure red and for ours they kinda fade in the middle where the Carbone line is. Is that normal and do you think it can be fixed?

ttt.jpg

• Like 1

We have the same skin in the Sportline as posted earlier, the "good" one with the solid red ring.  Here is the only pic I took of mine right when it arrived at the dealers and you can easily see it, no orange/fading colours:

JJfSLV1.jpg

Maybe what was posted just above is an effect of some particular mode/menu/camera settings?

• Like 1

Ah this thread makes me feel so glad my Sportline came with creamy/off-white analog dials that look like they were lifted from a 1950's Rover :crying:

I wouldn't mind but I reckon analog dials are likely now more expensive to produce.  Next time.....

• Haha 2

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 10:06, newbie69 said:

We have the same skin in the Sportline as posted earlier, the "good" one with the solid red ring.  Here is the only pic I took of mine right when it arrived at the dealers and you can easily see it, no orange/fading colours:

JJfSLV1.jpg

Maybe what was posted just above is an effect of some particular mode/menu/camera settings?

Hey,

I just collected mine today, how do you go about changing the skins? and the colours haha

6 minutes ago, Adaminski said:

Hey,

I just collected mine today, how do you go about changing the skins? and the colours haha

The image is from a Sportline with Virtual Cockpit so I didn't change anything as those come with the Sports skin by default. If it's a non-Sportline Superb you need VCDS or OBDEleven to change skins, not possible from the in-car menu. In that case you'd need to follow @SashaGrace 's instructions a few posts back.

According to the manual, CAR > Settings > Background lighting opens the ambient light menu where you can adjust intensities of different areas and colours.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Ahhh the ambient lighting, one thing I don’t have because mine is retrofitted. A change to FL BCM will get me this and I will have to do it because everyone has it now and it killing me haha. In time, in time :) 

I'll make sure to post some night pics of mine then when I get it, just to make sure you stick to the project... :D

18 minutes ago, newbie69 said:

The image is from a Sportline with Virtual Cockpit so I didn't change anything as those come with the Sports skin by default. If it's a non-Sportline Superb you need VCDS or OBDEleven to change skins, not possible from the in-car menu. In that case you'd need to follow @SashaGrace 's instructions a few posts back.

According to the manual, CAR > Settings > Background lighting opens the ambient light menu where you can adjust intensities of different areas and colours.

Yes mine is a Sportline however it does not have this skin

• Like 1