2019 F1 General Discussion Topic

camelspyyder

Kodi is a multi platform media player which can help finding streams from around the globe. I have watched the US free to air coverage of F1, or the Irish coverage (which is UK Channel 4 but live) too.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, camelspyyder said:

Kodi is a multi platform media player which can help finding streams from around the globe. I have watched the US free to air coverage of F1, or the Irish coverage (which is UK Channel 4 but live) too.

Yeah Google'd it thanks.:thumbup:

Winter testing pointed to Ferrari being ahead of the game and Mercedes had a lot to do to catch up. The practice times in Melbourne suggested that Ferrari were sandbagging. Qualifying appears to have thrown all of that out of the window. 

A few surprises in the qualifying results apart from the gap between Ferrari and Mercedes. Mclaren in the top 10 and a Red Bull out in Q1. 

On 19/01/2019 at 18:57, shyVRS245 said:

Agree with most of your points but followed Lando's progress since he was 14 and I really think he could be a future world champion if he ever gets into a competitive car. Only time and a bit of luck will give us the answer. Has Ocon left FI since rich kid's Dad bought Force India. Looking forward to see if Kubica can get anything out of last season's hopeless Williams.:nerd:

Seems my prediction nearly 2 months ago had some substance with Lando bagging an impressive 8th Qualifying time in his first F1 race weekend.:bow:

SMASH! MB 1-2 by a country mile.

Ferrari must be utterly dismayed by that. All the pundits pre season had the red team .3 or .5 ahead.

I really hope Sky stop chatting to Zak Brown live. I have to keep muting him. Does any team principal (apart from Clare Williams) sound less convincing. 

Thought perhaps the changed aero/ DRS was not working to alllow some overtaking but then Max gets passed Seb and perhaps we will be in for a season of some overtaking.

Oh that was so dull. Liberty need to force Melbourne to redesign the track or just bin this GP altogether. And as for Liberty's exciting new camera angles - how do they make 1000bhp racing cars look so slow? If I paid for Sky F1 I'd want my money back.

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

Ferrari must be scratching their heads as they were way off of the pace. Renault reliability appears to be as good as ever.

34 minutes ago, camelspyyder said:

Oh that was so dull. Liberty need to force Melbourne to redesign the track or just bin this GP altogether. And as for Liberty's exciting new camera angles - how do they make 1000bhp racing cars look so slow? If I paid for Sky F1 I'd want my money back.

I had low expectations, compared to what I see in MotoGP, Superbikes and even 4 wheel sports such as WEC, NASCAR etc, but I thought it was marginally better than the first 4 years of the hybrid era.

Interesting to try and get the information as to why Lewis and Seb were so much slower than expected.  Lewis post race comment sounded like he had an axe to grind against Toto as to strategy or setup as half a second a lap is a huge difference for team mates.   

2 minutes ago, camelspyyder said:

Did anybody else spot Esteban Ocon trying to look happy in the Merc garage as rival Bottas crossed the finish line? Looked like he was chewing a wasp! :D

I did see a comment the other day stating that Mercedes must replace Bottas with Ocon. It will be interesting to find out why Hamilton was slower than Bottas, or why Bottas was so much faster then Hamilton.

23 minutes ago, lol-lol said:

I had low expectations, compared to what I see in MotoGP, Superbikes and even 4 wheel sports such as WEC, NASCAR etc, but I thought it was marginally better than the first 4 years of the hybrid era.

Interesting to try and get the information as to why Lewis and Seb were so much slower than expected.  Lewis post race comment sounded like he had an axe to grind against Toto as to strategy or setup as half a second a lap is a huge difference for team mates.   

It's unfortunately a rubbish track as the opening showcase event.

In the Gasly interview the other day he mentioned that there were only 4 overtakes for position in last years race. This years about the same I think.

F1 needs a tyre war.

Edited by camelspyyder

6 minutes ago, Fabia-format said:

Half a year ago I read here all about a dark future of Red Bull because they choose Honda engines. Only after one race I don't see any comments on the Honda engine?:cool:

Here's one. Even with Suoer-Max driving it on much fresher tyres it never got near the already damaged Mercedes. 

And another. Gasly couldn't pass Kvyatt or Stroll, even though he was on reds and should have been way faster.

So the jury's still out on the Honda.

Edited by camelspyyder

We will see how good the Honda engine is when the circus arrives at Silverstone or Monza.