Considering a Kodiaq

10 hours ago, silver1011 said:

Our kids (5 & 8) aren't allowed to open the doors without being told :D

Unfortunately my 3.5 year old isn't the best at following instructions. Containment measures are required. Probably gets it from his father!

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, jasoncmiles said:

I would suggest, and this is a controversial one, is the heated steering wheel. 

I'll second that! I have the heated seats, heated steering wheel and heated windscreen and I'm very happy with them.

4 hours ago, Falkster said:

I'm now considering a RAV4 Hybrid which has many of the Kodiaq's features but (from a BIK company car point of view) lower costs.

Not so sure about the squared off wheel arches, Toyota's latest designs seem overly fussy / complicated...

Image result for 2019 rav 4

I'm guessing its based on the Lexus RX, they look very similar...

Related image

You should be the Skoda Kodiaq Global Embassador Mr Silver...:D

But seriously the issues with the 1.5 DSG are a little off putting as well as the high emissions (from a company car perspective).

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Falkster said:

You should be the Skoda Kodiaq Global Embassador Mr Silver...:D

But seriously the issues with the 1.5 DSG are a little off putting as well as the high emissions (from a company car perspective).

I was looking at the RAV4 hybrid for myself last year when I was thinking of replacing the Superb.

There is something about Toyota / Lexus reliability that appeals, especially as I keep my cars until they die. In the end the wife won so she got the new car.

When looking at the Kodiaq we test drove the RAV4 and CR-V but it was the Kodiaq's pricing and 7-seats that swayed it for us.

I wanted her to get a Leaf, would have suited her commute perfectly. Too ugly apparently :D

Edited by silver1011
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

I was looking at the RAV4 hybrid for myself last year when I was thinking of replacing the Superb.

There is something about Toyota / Lexus reliability that appeals, especially as I keep my cars until they die. In the end the wife won so she got the new car.

When looking at the Kodiaq we test drove the RAV4 and CR-V but it was the Kodiaq's pricing and 7-seats that swayed it for us.

I wanted her to get a Leaf, would have suited her commute perfectly. Too ugly apparently :D

Wife finds the Nissan Juke truly hideous. Called it a FROG which is ironic given the French connection (Nissan/Renault Alliance).:tongueout:

• Like 2

Just now, silver1011 said:

Cut-up twice in one week by two different Juke's. Give them a wide birth now, but at least they're easy to spot!

I see many young couples with no kids driving them. Driving skills probably explained by poor eyesight (should have gone to specsavers springs to mind) which would also explain the odd styling being attractive to them. Pointless car mini on stilts so no rear legroom (assume they have no friends to give a lift) and tiny boot.:cool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

Juke

42 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Juke

I thought it was spelt/pronounced Joke. :D 

The other one they do is the Cashcow/Quasqai

Thanks AG Falco

For sheer practicality you can’t beat an MPV but they do not suit everyone. I was looking at a Kodiaq to replace my old MPV (Alhambra aka The Bus) and the difference in the height of the boot floor caught my eye.

It’s a detail but worth checking/testing if you expect to be carting around lots of heavy and/or bulky clobber as the lower floor and larger tailgate makes an MPV easier to load.

All offroad vehicles should be 4x4 perhaps.  Many SUV's are just high seating derivatives of a standard chassis and should not be allowed and/or will never be driven off the pavement. 

Many of those do not need 4x4 capability and their owners don't wan't the extra expense of buying and running them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gSvrs said:

yes but any car over 150 hp you can't put power down wheel spin 

You forgot to add, if you can’t drive properly, to the end of that comment :)

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, gSvrs said:

yes but any car over 150 hp you can't put power down wheel spin 

If you want to drive a sports car, don’t buy an SUV. Yes, there are some quick SUVs out on the market now, but in the vast majority of cases they are there to provide practicality and comfort, not performance.

28 minutes ago, Kenny R said:

You forgot to add, if you can’t drive properly, to the end of that comment :)

I must be a driving GOD then FWD 336BHP and no wheel spin and over 40mpg on three of my 5 commutes so far this week. You have to giggle at some of the posts on here. Should take them on a track day to change their mind.:rofl:

On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 08:36, gojoholo said:

I'll second that! I have the heated seats, heated steering wheel and heated windscreen and I'm very happy with them.

...... and presumably you park it in a heated garage so that the armrest is also warm   :smirk:

• Haha 1